User Tag List

First 142223242526 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    NT

Quote Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
    What's wrong with hooking up and casual relationships?
    Speaking from the point of view of someone who once shared this philosophy, a collection of STD's on my **** can attest to validity of a counter argument. I don't have anything too serious from my casual sex days but I do have several strains of HPV and I have herpes.

Saprophytic Aphrodite Peter Deadpan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EllevenSevenSounds View Post
    Speaking from the point of view of someone who once shared this philosophy, a collection of STD's on my **** can attest to validity of a counter argument. I don't have anything too serious from my casual sex days but I do have several strains of HPV and I have herpes.
    How would you know you have several strains of HPV? There aren't any tests for HPV in men.
    Perpetual mood

"It is not the personality's task to tell the truth,
    but to seem to, try to, or try to seem to."

Philip Trussell

Permabanned
    MBTI
    NT

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Deadpan View Post
    How would you know you have several strains of HPV? There aren't any tests for HPV in men.
    Well, it's unconfirmed but the girls I used to fuck around with in college told me that they had it. Considering that we fucked frequently as we were just friends with benefits I live assuming that I probably have it, and some of my friends too.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    NT

Well, it's unconfirmed but the girls I used to fuck around with in college told me that they had it. Considering that we fucked frequently as we were just friends with benefits I live assuming that I probably have it, and some of my friends too.
    It's very common now to have at least 3-6 strands of HPV floating around out there. If you have sex with 7 people unprotected your chances of contracting one strand is 80%. This is why I wish I still had my purity.

just because one hooks up does not mean one does so indiscriminately.

My 'people skills' are 'rusty'.
    Pardon me, but I have spent the last 'year' as a multi-dimensional wavelength of celestial intent...
    I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition.
    I am Catstiel; I'm an Angel of the Lord.

Saprophytic Aphrodite Peter Deadpan's Avatar

I think something like 80% of adults who have had sex have HPV. Men live without symptoms unless they have a strain that causes warts. Women get PAP smears to test for irregular cell changes that could lead to cancer.
    Perpetual mood

"It is not the personality's task to tell the truth,
    but to seem to, try to, or try to seem to."

Philip Trussell

Likes EllevenSevenSounds liked this post

Don’t really wanna elaborate on my issues with hookup culture and why I think it’s bad for civilization because there’s that part of me that believes in live and let live, and since I had my share of hookups when younger, it would just make me a hypocritical old fart.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp

Because they're e6.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx

Hm, because it's doctrine is influenced by satan and his kingdom.

Personally, if I enjoy the individual I do not care about their orientation.
    Promise me from here on out, never again waste new tears on the past.
    ~Along With the Gods

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I have a lot I could say (and might have, earlier in the thread -- I don't feel like looking back through)...

... but I remember one of the most hypocritical things being when gay people on TV became more like celebrities, like with RuPaul's Drag Race or Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, and i remember being really surprised at how many evangelicals actually would watch these TV shows and excitedly talk about them and even use them (like Queer Eye and similar) for their clothing styles ideas or house decorating things... or talk about their "gay friend at work" if they had one, like it was some kind of status symbol or some secret kind of subversion on their part. This is also an era that had the "gay friend" become a trope in film, or a show like "Will & Grace" became very popular even among churchgoers.

...While at the same time actively voting against gay people's rights to get married and maintain a stable home, or adopting and raising children, and maintaining that they were still going to hell if you pressed them on it. And that somehow they were reprobates even in a committed relationship over time, while excusing straight promiscuity. (Meanwhile we still see high-ranking evangelicals arrested for sexual abuse of children, high rates of divorce, downplaying sexual discrimination and abuse of women, etc. Heck, we even have a guy fired as president of a Christian college for not dealing with sexual assault now legally defending a lip-service-Christian POTUS who has been accused on sexual assaults for years and it continuously being dismissed by the evangelical community even when prominent Christian publications try to expose the issue.)

I'm still angry about it years later, after they had to be dragged kicking and screaming into an era of same-sex marriage being permitted in the USA. Certain states are as we speak STILL fighting claw and tooth for the ability to prevent gay spouses from adopting children and other ways to keep same-sex marriages "less than" opposite-sex marriages. The church is a joke in this country, in this day and age, because of its inability to see the forest for the trees, to understand its own limitations, to grasp it doesn't hold a flawless understanding of truth, and a lack of actual love for those who belong to other tribes than their own. This is just the "circle the wagons" kind of bullshit ultimately, and unwillingness to understand what a diverse culture actually looks like or acknowledge their own flawed behavior.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes ThisName liked this post