First 101819202122 Last

Because they’re party poopers.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

A Parent's Guide to Preventing Homosexuality by Joseph Nicolosi, Paperback | Barnes & Noble(R)

Nicolosi was head of NARTH.

I was reminded of the book today because someone in a group I'm in said it appeared for sale on Walmart, then abruptly disappeared off the site. Not like there's not a bunch of other books on the topic of homosexuality on the Walmart site, they simply aren't titled so forthrightly... and it looks like they have more anti-anti-gay books than I would have expected.

I grew up in more rural conservative churches, so I heard the conversion crap (and how gays were recruiting) far more than I cared to, the churches were obsessed with that and some other pet topics (abortion, women's roles, etc). Can't say I ever saw gay recruiting efforts happen IRL though, even if I was pushed to go recruit people for Jesus all the time and obviously het promiscuity is a common thing. My gay friends were typically just trying to survive, especially if they lived in the south.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    because jesus wasn't gay.
    Do we know for certain?
    Think.

Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    :(: None

It's funny that some straight people complain about gays wanting to 'turn them gay'... Whilst heterosexuals have euhm... practiced 'corrective rape' and still try to 'cure' gay people (with therapy) until this very day.

And Jesus was actually a lizard. Know your biology.
    “I can’t explain what I mean. And even if I could, I’m not sure I’d feel like it.”

- J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye
    Likes Luminous liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by ThisName View Post
    It's funny that some straight people complain about gays wanting to 'turn them gay'... Whilst heterosexuals have euhm... practiced 'corrective rape' and still try to 'cure' gay people (with therapy) until this very day.

And Jesus was actually a lizard. Know your biology.
    Well, there is a lizard called the Jesus Christ lizard, because it can walk on water.
    A path is made by walking on it.

-Zhuangzi

Likes ThisName liked this post

Jesus was a dinosaur of the late Triassic. Dinosaurs aren’t reptiles. Get it right, guys. Sheesh.
    Likes Luminous liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

I think it got started with disease and lack of children being a bad thing, everything else is history
    Likes Lark liked this post

Islamophobes be like
    χρήστος ανέστη

Quote Originally Posted by Julius_Van_Der_Beak View Post
    I haven't really seen that, unless by "making it the norm" you mean making it accepted by society at large rather than denigrated.
    No that's not what I mean.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Many religions are started by men and are dominated by men; many men find the sexual act between men to be gross. That is why there is opposition to gay people. This is largely a personal aesthetics issue. This is also why centralized authority is a bad idea; eventually, large and powerful institutions get corrupted by jerks.

Or put quite simply, any deviation from the libertarian perspective results in harm to society and the greater the deviation, the greater the damage.
    Congrats to Boris Johnson and the Brexit movement. Let's get this thing over with.