• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Science is nothing more than magic that actually works.

KDude

Science doesn't control nature. It just explains what's always been allowable. There's no mystical "willpower" happening.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^
Good point. Science then must just tell us what the laws of nature are, not how they can be broken at will, though such a feat if possible would be interesting! After all, one of the quotes in my sig is "Nature never intervenes to break her own laws." Though another quote in my sig is "Good Luck defying God and the Laws of the Universe, "INTP.", these laws of the Universe not being defied by nature herself but man, a product of nature with his own will.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Magic works most of the time, every once in a while someone dies, but it works for the most part. Someone who is bbad at magic cant get magic to work just like someone who is bad at science cant get science to work.

Mole

Permabanned
Bad Magicians

Science is based on evidence and reason, while mbti is not based on evidence or reason. So mbti is magic.

Good magic has qualities like beauty and surprise, depth and goodness, while mbti lacks these. So mbti is bad magic. And those who use mbti are bad magicians.

Mole

Permabanned
The Lilies of the Field

Magic isn't real, so science cannot be defined in relation to it.

Beauty is magical, yet has no practical use. So we can say beauty doesn't work. And why should it? Consider the lilies of the field, they neither reap nor sow, never do a jot of work, yet are perennial.

Cherry Burke

Permabanned
I was finishing my undergrad level (B.S. in MIS) one of my optional sessions was a Myth category. The teacher was a youthful women graduate pupil student, very shiny, very well study, and a very awesome looking gal who had a dickhead for a partner.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It exists as a concept, yes.
Perhaps it is because I am Ni-dom, but to me, "magic" relates to the vision. It may not exist in a (yet) identiifiiable tangible external form, but is a very palpable internal energy that enables me to reconfigure my world by reconfiguring myself, or more specifically, my perspectives. If I cannot imagine something, I cannot create it.

So yes, it is definitely a concept, and a potentially powerful one if used properly.