• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

God. A Serial Killer!

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I've heard that the Christian God is the worst murderer of all.

and I ran into this just now:

Deaths in the Bible: God - 2,270,365 not including the victims of Noah's flood, Sodom and Gomorrah, or the many plagues, famines, fiery serpents, etc because no specific numbers were given. Satan - 10.

Thoughts? victor? I'm open.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
why singling out the Christian's take on God? If God is there, then he is God and a murderer regardless of one's religious affiliation. God's characteristics don't change depending on what adjectives the word is attached to....

or do they? I dunno, to me christian God/Muslim God/Jewish God/spinoza's God/Einsteins' God all refer to the same entity/concept, but then again I am one of those crazy ass Pragmatists ;)

I say analyze the concept of God as murderer itself, not those who are setting it forward.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I originally had put just God but decided to single out Christianity because those numbers are from the Bible.

I catch your point. And what I think is that Christianity is written and contrived on some pretty ass-backwards, ridiculous ideas and principles.

nozflubber

MBTI Type
Hype
And what I think is that Christianity is written and contrived on some pretty ass-backwards, ridiculous ideas and principles.

I definitely agree. So we can look at the christian confusion, or we can ask what you really wanted to here: Does God kill, and if so, why?

I don't really have a good answer. I think it's possible that God exists and knows about what's going to happen, yet does nothing to stop it.

It is said God constantly is "playing Dice" and even though he might know all outcomes of innocents dying in natural disasters, it's not really "His hand" doing the killing, but rather the mechanisms he has set into motion (our universe)

does that still make him a murderer?

Beorn

Permabanned
Is Jesus in that figure?

A serial killer commits evil because he takes what is not his.
God owns everything.
He cannot steal.

How come nobody ever complains about how people have treated God?
As if God owes us and we don't owe him anything.

nozflubber

MBTI Type
Hype
Is Jesus in that figure?

A serial killer commits evil because he takes what is not his.
God owns everything.
He cannot steal.

How come nobody ever complains about how people have treated God?

well if that's true, then our lives and freedoms don't belong to us, do they? we're all Him and vice versa.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I have two things to say at this point..

one) If there is a God, then he only seeks to preserve the balance of life and death, and
two) I think there should be a (stricter) separation between what thought to be God and what is thought to be Christianity.

Beorn

Permabanned
I have two things to say at this point..

one) If there is a God, then he only seeks to preserve the balance of life and death, and

why?

Also, if we're picking what kind of God we want I would prefer one who is perfect and righteous.

two) I think there should be a (stricter) separation between what thought to be God and what is thought to be Christianity.

Well you started a conversation about the christian God.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
why?

Also, if we're picking what kind of God we want I would prefer one who is perfect and righteous.

Well you started a conversation about the christian God.

man, if we're picking, we're creating.

yes, I know. I posted it for that very reason.

InsatiableCuriosity

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I cannot believe in a vengeful, critical, jealous or mean G*d who with one hand gives us the freedom to choose between good and evil, then on the other smites us for the wrong choice??! If we were parents, these days we would call that inconsistent parenting and likely to do some sort of psychological damage to our children.

We attribute, even in the Bible, Koran, Torah, these attributes to G*d because it makes Godhead seem more accessible to us and more like we would expect a Godhead to be. This isn't the G*d of freedom of choice between good and evil, love, forgiveness, peace and kindness???

We are reaping what we sow and doing these things to each other then blaming the core of universal consciousness, for our use of religious tenets to condone the evils we perpetrate on each other and for the choices we make!

Globally we are reaping the rewards of our own actions, weatherwise, climatic change, famine and pestilence, not G*d's anger for goodness sake.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Deaths in the Bible: God - 2,270,365 not including the victims of Noah's flood, Sodom and Gomorrah, or the many plagues, famines, fiery serpents, etc because no specific numbers were given. Satan - 10.

Hitler and Stalin are still in the lead. :newwink:

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP

Abraham Lincoln is the worst mass murderer in American History. More Americans died in the Civil War than in all of the other wars put together, and it's all Lincoln's fault. For some deranged reason we honor this man as a hero, putting his face on the penny and five dollar bill, and we built a memorial in his honor. American ideals are pretty messed up, and if you look at the types of leaders that other countries honor, then you'll see that those countries are messed up too.

;)