• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Life.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
What is life? Is there a way to define life in general?

Everybody has some phrase to define life (their life), but can anyone tell...what is life?

Life is perception. Life is projection.
I am a flexible (chaotic) person. I see the universe flexible(chaotic and yet organized by the laws that govern it). I see life full of possibilities (if I'm not stressed) because that is the way I think. That is the way I perceive things. Trough my filter, projecting myself as in a painting, in my definition of life.

My best friend is ISTJ.
He has principles. He sees the entire universe in a strange principle based-organized-planned way. If one brakes the principles of the universe, than the universe punishes that person. (for example if someone lives a sinful life, and something bad happens to them at some point of their life). His principles, his entire thinking style, is projected on life. On his perception on life. On everything.

I noticed that in a lot of people, that they project their core values, in the outside world. People have filters. People are subjective.

Life is an adventure.
Life is a prison.
Life is love.
Life is a hug.
Life is peace.
Life is hate.
Life is crime.
Life is fun.
Life is a poem.

Well. Which one is it?
What defines life?
What is it's essence?

Can anyone tell it. If we are all subjective, if no one actually sees the big picture. What if we are all projecting stuff? In everything. Like when you compose a poem. Or draw something.

And the funny part is that most people stick to their theories on life and everything around them. They stick to their subjectiveness.

No one can claim to know the absolute truth about life, about the core of our existence, because we're all ...flawed. And that's what makes us perfect.

Perception is truly a wonderful thing. And the relativity of things. One single thing can be interpreted in so many ways...but who can claim to be wright? When we are all subjective? When the absolute values just don't seem to fit.

My mother believes in spirituality, zodiac, astrology, and she also believes that the living things on earth evolved, the darwin theory.

I often wonder how she can believe both the rational theory (Darwin's), and the crap.

This makes me wonder, what do we actually know? Excepting the logical things like math physics and stuff like that. But philosophically, on the theoretical-interpretable side, the things that we think daily..our theories on stuff.

Psychology.
Even the MBTI.

What the fuck do we know.

Does the MBTI cover the essence of humans? Or is it full of crap. Just an excuse to label the shit all around us. He's ESTP my girlfriends ESFJ my best friends XXXX. Is that necessary? Are we more in control when we type someone and come up with a theory on their behavior?!?!

And what about the people in between? If I can be ENXP then it is possible that someone can be XXXX? And I don't see no XXXX type.

We have no clear way of measuring intelligence, imagination, creativity.
And yet we have percentages, IQs, numbers.

We just know it all don't we. We're in control.

The core secrets of the human mind are yet to be discovered.

The day when we can replace some of the relativity in our theories with something exact. When we actually know things, instead of pretending to know things.

Or is it just me doubting everything again. Projecting.

A manifestation of my own subjectiveness.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Life? Don't talk to me about life...

marvin.gif

Gerbah

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w4
As I understand how you are talking about “life”, I don't think you can define it by one particular thing. It is everything, just people are sensitive to this or that aspect of it, at least as I see it. Yes, we are subjective, but unless you see that as a flaw, it's quite alright to be subjective. For me, it is clear that there is an objective existence that exists independently of me and whatever I might think about it, and a human being's subjectivity reflects the stage of awareness and realisation they have reached at that particular moment in time. A person's subjectivity will change as he/she changes and develops. The “everything” is the only thing that knows everything absolutely, all the rest, including humans, are relative, and so subjective.

SecondBest

Permabanned
MBTI Type
eNxp
Enneagram
5/7
As I understand how you are talking about “life”, I don't think you can define it by one particular thing. It is everything, just people are sensitive to this or that aspect of it, at least as I see it. Yes, we are subjective, but unless you see that as a flaw, it's quite alright to be subjective. For me, it is clear that there is an objective existence that exists independently of me and whatever I might think about it, and a human being's subjectivity reflects the stage of awareness and realisation they have reached at that particular moment in time. A person's subjectivity will change as he/she changes and develops. The “everything” is the only thing that knows everything absolutely, all the rest, including humans, are relative, and so subjective.

+1. :yes:

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
Yes, we are subjective, but unless you see that as a flaw, it's quite alright to be subjective.

Nope. I think subjectivity is a beautiful thing. It's variety.

Sometimes I wonder about things till I get confused.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
To me, life is an endless (in a good sense) learning experience. We learn, and we also teach.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Life is what you want it to be (within reasonable parameters). Who's to say what the purpose of life is? If we don't have a definitive purpose that is universal to us all, it's up to the individual to give life its own definition. For many, it's simply the experience, or "the ride".