• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is Now?

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Now is before you lived in your own time. :cheese:
Vito Andolini understood it better than anyone.
It is therefore he changed his name to Corleone. His native village.

Vito Andolini alias Corleone is alive now.
Why?
Alive is now.
What does it mean?
Now is subjective. Cosa Nostra.
Life is left.
As you said. :)

Mole

Permabanned
The Power of Now

'Now' is the height of fashion. And the most fashionable guru of Now is Eckhart Tolle, the author of, "The Power of Now".

And of course that is what Eckhart wants - power.

And Eckhart has found the simplest way to power over the vulnerable is hypnosis.

Yes, Eckhart is a hypnotist in the long line from from Franz Mesmer (1734-1815) to Eckhart Tolle of today. Mesmer was an astrologer who found he could hypnotise the vulnerable and called it after himself, namely mesmerism.

Hypnotism has always been popular with the vulnerable because it seems to offer an easy way out. But it simply puts us in the power of the hypnotist.

And so on the best seller list today is, "The Power of Now".

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
Yay for pseudospirituality!

Thanks for wasting my time. I'm out.

You were ever here? Truly?

Your time is yours to expend as you wish. 'Tis not my responsibility if you choose not to do so in a way you find productive. ;)

'Now' is the height of fashion. And the most fashionable guru of Now is Eckhart Tolle, the author of, "The Power of Now".

And of course that is what Eckhart wants - power.

And Eckhart has found the simplest way to power over the vulnerable is hypnosis.

Yes, Eckhart is a hypnotist in the long line from from Franz Mesmer (1734-1815) to Eckhart Tolle of today. Mesmer was an astrologer who found he could hypnotise the vulnerable and called it after himself, namely mesmerism.

Hypnotism has always been popular with the vulnerable because it seems to offer an easy way out. But it simply puts us in the power of the hypnotist.

And so on the best seller list today is, "The Power of Now".

Hello Victor. :hi: Do you still have a pony?

DonkeyMaster

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
What is now? Now is the present. And each new present like a new present; waiting to be unwrapped and cherished for what it is. So what is NOW? now is time for bed.....

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
What is now? Now is the present. And each new present like a new present; waiting to be unwrapped and cherished for what it is. So what is NOW? now is time for bed.....
I just got out of bed. :)
Our now does not meet in the now. Is there a presence beyond the now?

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Now is now and now it's gone. The next now is just coming and passed at the same time. Now lasts only a flash of time and at the same time now is always.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Now doesn't need explanation, it is self evident. The past and future confuse the issue.

gromit

likes this
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow's a mystery.
And today is a gift, that's why we call it 'the present'.

(I'm sure everyone has heard that before, but I think it's cute, and I like it).

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Now is now and now it's gone. The next now is just coming and passed at the same time. Now lasts only a flash of time and at the same time now is always.
Yes! An analogy: You are in a train, the train passes the landscape. The landscape circles around the sun. Your train stops at the station. There is another train, standing. Suddenly the other train starts, and for a fleeting moment you think it was your train that started. According to Einstein that possibility cannot be ruled either. We cannot say if A moves in relation to B or B in relation to A. Now is a movement or an object of movement. It can be either, never both.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow's a mystery.
And today is a gift, that's why we call it 'the present'.

(I'm sure everyone has heard that before, but I think it's cute, and I like it).
I hadn't. :)

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Live in the now and you'll never know tomorrow. :)