• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sharing Meditation

Mole

Permabanned
Meditation is contra-indicated for those with a psychosis.

And in my opinion is unsuitable for those with strong psychological defence mechanisms. For instance, if you find argument is your default defence mechanism, then meditation is unlikely to be suitable for you.

And if sex is a defence mechanism for you, then meditation is unsuitable.

However if you are fairly relaxed and in touch with yourself and those around you, then meditation may enhance your life and those around you.

Meditation can be induced by any repetition. A common repetition is saying, "Oom", over and over again as you move deeper into meditation. Or you may focus on your breath as it repeats over and over again.

In a print based culture we tend to meditate as individuals, in other words we meditate alone. But in an electronic culture we are starting to meditate together.

As my mantra I have chosen to read, "Wind in the Willows", over and over again. And even more interesting, I have chosen to read, "Wind in the Willows", aloud over the telephone, turn and turn about.

So if you are free from psychosis and strong psychological defence mechanisms and you are not obsessed with sex, then you may wish to share the meditative state with me over the telephone by reading, "Wind in the Willow", aloud turn and turn about.

So if you think meditation will enhance your life and those around you, send me your telephone number and I will send you a copy of, "Wind in the Willows", for your computer screen. And we will share our meditation over the phone.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
You'd think those with psychosis and strong psychological defense mechanisms would be the best of candidates for mediation, no? They would be the ones who could gain more from it.

Anyways, I only got an appointment to get my psychotropic meds Dr.Victor.

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I have a copy of " The Wind in The Willows" by my bed actually. Just finished reading it. I kept it there so that if I woke up during the night and couldn't sleep, I could read something gentle to put me back to sleep. One of my favorite books.

I've found meditation excellent for slowing my mind down during periods of anxiety and rushes of anger. Like a bullet shot through water.

Mole

Permabanned
You'd think those with psychosis and strong psychological defense mechanisms would be the best of candidates for mediation, no? They would be the ones who could gain more from it.

Anyways, I only got an appointment to get my psychotropic meds Dr.Victor.

A pre-requisite for meditation is good reality contact. And those with a psychosis are out of touch with reality.

And to a lesser degree those with strong psychological defence mechanisms are also out of touch with reality.

And sadly, obsession with sex is also a way of being out of touch with reality and our fellow human beings.

So it seems meditation is not suitable for you and would only exacerbate your pre-existing condition.

However for those of us in touch with reality and in touch with ourselves and those around us, meditation enhances our lives.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
What happened to Harvesting the Now, Vic?

I don't really agree about your restrictions on meditation, but that doesn't stop me from sharing meditation. Rather than doing it over the phone, though, can we set aside a time to all meditate together for 20 minutes, in whatever style we choose? I would prefer breath-following since it's the most common form. I think it would be nice to synchronize over the world.

If anyone would like to participate and needs instructions on meditation, you can read here or here.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
What would constitute a strong psychological defense mechanism?

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
A pre-requisite for meditation is good reality contact.

I would say that's a benefit of meditation, rather than a prerequisite. By following meditation techniques, you can gradually shift your attention from your mind to your body and establish a better connection to reality untainted by perception.

Maybe, Vic, your meditation technique is a little different from the general method?

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Victor, your rep to me was inappropriate and ignorant. I will not leave this thread because I don't want to share your creepy meditation over the phone. I am on-topic, and hardly trolling. Really, I always thought of you as a friend, but...yikes.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^
[strong psychological defense mechanisms :jew:]

You know Victor, it's funny. You go on and on about how MBTI is a dangerous cult and yet your dearest wish is to become the leader of your own little cult. Sadly, you lack the charisma required to be a cult leader. And your reluctance to expose your real agenda does make you appear pretty sinister sometimes and pretty ridiculous at others.
This is not working. Try something else?

Mole

Permabanned
^
[strong psychological defense mechanisms :jew:]

You know Victor, it's funny. You go on and on about how MBTI is a dangerous cult and yet your dearest wish is to become the leader of your own little cult. Sadly, you lack the charisma required to be a cult leader. And your reluctance to expose your real agenda does make you appear pretty sinister sometimes and pretty ridiculous at others.
This is not working. Try something else?

Let's face it Blue, we are not destined to meditate together.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
And is there a willingness for you to share meditation with someone you may not like, Victor?

Mole

Permabanned
And is there a willingness for you to share meditation with someone you may not like, Victor?

My invitation is to anyone who may benefit from sharing meditation.

Those who will not benefit from sharing meditation are those suffering from a psychosis, or those suffering with massive psychological defences, or those suffering from sexual obsession.

That leaves a very wide range of people, some of whom I may like and some of whom I may dislike. Meditation is not about my personal likes and dislikes. It's about letting the critical mind to go to sleep for a while so that we may become fully awake refreshed and relaxed.

But let me be realistic. MBTI is about control and manipulation. And meditation is about the opposite.

So it is plain this is the wrong place for me to look for shared meditation.

I am glad I issued my invitation but I think I would be wiser to take my invitation elsewhere.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yay! You both agreed on something! Break out the ice wines and ritzy little crackers!

OOOHHHHHHHHMMMMM. Meditation works. It's a fact, jack.

Mole

Permabanned
I approve of this message.

It's funny. I feel quite sanguine towards you Blue. It's as though I can see through your compulsive facade to your feelings below.

I suspect you keep your own feeling at a distance just as you keep us at a distance. But it's like you are juggling and talking to us at the same time, and it looks like you might drop the ball at any time.

But I must say you are very well defended and intelligent to boot.

And I feel quite relaxed with you.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Awww! Sometimes I wish those damn balls would drop already.
Group :hug:

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
That leaves a very wide range of people, some of whom I may like and some of whom I may dislike. Meditation is not about my personal likes and dislikes. It's about letting the critical mind to go to sleep for a while so that we may become fully awake refreshed and relaxed.

Maybe you should do some meditation before letting your critical mind get the better of you in this "shared" experience of yours.

G

Ginkgo

When I read the title I read "Sharing Medication". I thought things just got even funkier in Victor town.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Rather than doing it over the phone, though, can we set aside a time to all meditate together for 20 minutes, in whatever style we choose? I would prefer breath-following since it's the most common form. I think it would be nice to synchronize over the world.

If anyone would like to participate and needs instructions on meditation, you can read here or here.
We should totally do this.
I'm in. As long as it's not past my bedtime.