• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

World Peace: and how we can not add to the chaos of the world

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Obviously this is what I personally aspire to. I don't always get it right. Also I am or can be a realist. I will defend myself, but I will use the least amount of energy/force/act necessary.

A PATH / A KEY / A WAY
Is, is, is to follow the golden rule by:
Do not think negative thoughts, but deal with the situation rationally.
Do not speak with negative energy. It is a reflection of you & not the other.
Do not act negatively, but react realistically with the proper restraint. Even if negative energy is directed at you.

Now we influence each other with positive or negative energy. In this universe for every action there is an equal reaction. So the natural tendency is to repay negative energy with more negative energy. This feels very good and we feel self righteous about it. After all the other is in the wrong and not
us!

In our mind the other is blind and does evil, immoral, wrong words or actions.
But the key is that it is irrelevant to one's path. The key is that being negative in even the slightest is a true reflection of self and not the other. The other's path is their own destiny. Perhaps they were sent here to test our mettle in the face of crisis or misfortunes. Now this next part coming, is partly from cognitive behavior principles.

A key is that if we have a negative emotion, we are ruled by a distortion. The external even triggered :
A. What is in us waiting to come to the surface in a testing moment.
B. Triggered or own unfinished childhood issues and emotions
C. We are reacting in a lesser manner. We are reacting against ghosts from the past that this moment has triggered so that we can grow and move on to the path of self actualization.

That is if we choose the higher road. If we act maturely and with restraint. If I hurt you, I hurt myself, perhaps not noticeably, but I missed an opportunity for growth. If we do not sink to the others level. Perhaps it will take longer for them on the path of life to mature, reflect, and with insight grow. If we think, speak, or act in a negative manner then the opportunity is lost.

The message is lost, but it will undoubtedly reappear until you learn the lesson about you. This moment in space and time was brought together for you to learn this valuable lesson of self, in order to grow and actualize. Do not throw this precious moment away by reacting with your baser instincts. Reach, grow, become. Reach for this inner learning. Grow with this wisdom and become what you were meant to be.

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
How do we attain world peace? Is it even possible? What will you do as your part in the quest plus a maintenance of a peaceful world?

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
What is more important, internal peace or a worldly peace? What perhaps is the difference? Is it possible to achieve both (inner plus a world peace)?

Lark

Your plan there is bound to be something which has an application mainly on a personal level, perhaps culturally but realistically while your sphere of concern is going to be great, ie the world, your sphere of influence is relatively small and can even contract over time, ie circle of friends, immediate family, your dog.

So I can certainly affirm this, its similar to the polices the health and social services trust I know have adopted and encourage staff to employ in their dealing with the public and people looked after and cared for by personnel.

On the other hand I've got to say that I'm positively militaristic, there's evil in the world, evil that threatens law abiding and peaceable women and children, it needs to be challenged with force of ideas and force of arms.

Now its not fun and its not pleasant and I'd prefer not to think about it, I put names and faces to the people involved, always, Pheonix was a soldier, WildCard is, in another way BCM (sorry did I get the abbreviation right) counts too, he's a fire fighter, but these challenges need to be faced.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
So the natural tendency is to repay negative energy with more negative energy. This feels very good and we feel self righteous about it. After all the other is in the wrong and not
us!

But the key is that it is irrelevant to one's path. The key is that being negative in even the slightest is a true reflection of self and not the other.

The tricky thing is that you can't preach these principals according to the principals. When you say that this is the way, you are in fact "being negative in a slight way" since you are saying that the other ways are not the way. :jew:

I know, this is basically BS, since now I am saying to you that your way isn't the way, but mine is, even though I am doing exactly the same.

We are all lost as long as we keep talking about this. :yes: Peace!

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
as corny as this may be, I think MJ was onto something when he wrote and sang 'Man in the Mirror'

check it:

I'm starting with the man in the mirror
I'm asking him to change his ways
And no message could have been any clearer
If you wanna make the world a better place
Take a look at yourself and then make a change, yey

soooo, agree to disagree or respect this guy's advice

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
We cannot not add to chaos of this world.
Our very nature guarantees we fuel it.

The only way we could stop ourselves from feeding it, is extinction.

JMHO

InsatiableCuriosity

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Your plan there is bound to be something which has an application mainly on a personal level, perhaps culturally but realistically while your sphere of concern is going to be great, ie the world, your sphere of influence is relatively small and can even contract over time, ie circle of friends, immediate family, your dog

I disagree with you Lark. Consciousness and conscious living such as suggested by the OP have frequently generated the ripple effect. The most important positive ideas (and their reverse in racism, bigotry and mob rule), are affected by ripple effect. The more conscious people are of these concepts/ideas/ideals, and the more they are discussed or spoken of, the greater the growth in awareness in mankind.

In the 50's and 60's the environment was just a buzz word discussed between those no-good-long-haired-strange-hippie-people (facetious). It is now an important movement that is recognised as a professional career path with many branches and is an important component of modern scientific research and industrial practise.

It is also part of our consciousness (or that of most of us) to some degree or other as we recycle and try to reduce, reuse and recycle.

The average person in the 50s or 60s would not have even been aware of such issues as the burqa being banned in France yet here we are, with a strong consciousness and polarised opinion debating intelligently on the justness or not.

I think the OP :wubbie: is a valuable core set of values for living, and one I hope will also produce the same ripple effect of the environmental ideology even if it takes 100 years (tho I don't think we have that long to make these changes).

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Obviously this is what I personally aspire to. I don't always get it right. Also I am or can be a realist. I will defend myself, but I will use the least amount of energy/force/act necessary.

A PATH / A KEY / A WAY
Is, is, is to follow the golden rule by:
Do not think negative thoughts, but deal with the situation rationally.
Do not speak with negative energy. It is a reflection of you & not the other.
Do not act negatively, but react realistically with the proper restraint. Even if negative energy is directed at you.

Now we influence each other with positive or negative energy. In this universe for every action there is an equal reaction. So the natural tendency is to repay negative energy with more negative energy. This feels very good and we feel self righteous about it. After all the other is in the wrong and not
us!

But the key is that it is irrelevant to one's path. The key is that being negative in even the slightest is a true reflection of self and not the other. The other's path is their own destiny. Perhaps they were sent here to test our mettle in the face of crisis or misfortunes. Now this next part coming, is partly from cognitive behavior principles.

A key is that if we have a negative emotion, we are ruled by a distortion. The external even triggered :
A. What is in us waiting to come to the surface in a testing moment.
B. Triggered or own unfinished childhood issues and emotions
C. We are reacting in a lesser manner. We are reacting against ghosts from the past that this moment has triggered so that we can grow and move on to the path of self actualization.

That is if we choose the higher road. If we act maturely and with restraint. If I hurt you, I hurt myself, perhaps not noticeably, but I missed an opportunity for growth. If we do not sink to the others level. Perhaps it will take longer for them on the path of life to mature, reflect, and with insight grow. If we think, speak, or act in a negative manner then the opportunity is lost.

The message is lost, but it will undoubtedly reappear until you learn the lesson about you. This moment in space and time was brought together for you to learn this valuable lesson of self, in order to grow and actualize. Do not throw this precious moment away by reacting with your baser instincts. Reach, grow, become. Reach for this inner learning. Grow with this wisdom and become what you were meant to be.
I appreciate what you're getting at. I do believe that we all need to set an example and behave ethically, compassionately and take responsiblity for our own actions.

However the approach itself rather alienates me. In my attempts to change myself, 'positivity' and 'negativity' do not enter the equation: these exist inherently in human nature and therefore society as a whole. To always think, speak and act positively means you can ignore and/or conceal the harsh truth and by extension, allow cruelty and injustice to exist. Also personal growth is about acknowledging the negative aspects of yourself not simply irradicating them; some you can change but often they are something you must learn to come to terms with. I fear your approach assumes that human perfection is achievable and that anything less than absolute positivity in your character is a gross failure. People often learn more from negativity, such as making mistakes, than they do from positive events in their lives; negativity in ourselves and the world around us, is essential to our learning and growth processes.

G

Ginkgo

The warrior goes into the field clad in armor. The man of peace follows close behind, dirk in hand. ;)

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Also personal growth is about acknowledging the negative aspects of yourself not simply irradicating them; some you can change but often they are something you must learn to come to terms with. I fear your approach assumes that human perfection is achievable and that anything less than absolute positivity in your character is a gross failure.

Yep, the fallacy is that you would be fighting against a part of yourself in order to bring about harmony. Like all the wars are about bringing peace.

Lark

I disagree with you Lark. Consciousness and conscious living such as suggested by the OP have frequently generated the ripple effect. The most important positive ideas (and their reverse in racism, bigotry and mob rule), are affected by ripple effect. The more conscious people are of these concepts/ideas/ideals, and the more they are discussed or spoken of, the greater the growth in awareness in mankind.

In the 50's and 60's the environment was just a buzz word discussed between those no-good-long-haired-strange-hippie-people (facetious). It is now an important movement that is recognised as a professional career path with many branches and is an important component of modern scientific research and industrial practise.

It is also part of our consciousness (or that of most of us) to some degree or other as we recycle and try to reduce, reuse and recycle.

The average person in the 50s or 60s would not have even been aware of such issues as the burqa being banned in France yet here we are, with a strong consciousness and polarised opinion debating intelligently on the justness or not.

I think the OP :wubbie: is a valuable core set of values for living, and one I hope will also produce the same ripple effect of the environmental ideology even if it takes 100 years (tho I don't think we have that long to make these changes).

Cool, I appreciate your optimism.

angell_m

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
5w4
I'm starting with the man in the mirror
I'm asking him to change his ways
And no message could have been any clearer
If you wanna make the world a better place
Take a look at yourself and then make a change, yey

:headphne:

I See The Kids In The Street,
With Not Enough To Eat
Who Am I, To Be Blind?
Pretending Not To See Their Needs
A Summer's Disregard,
A Broken Bottle Top
And A One Man's Soul
They Follow Each Other On
The Wind Ya' Know
'Cause They Got Nowhere To Go
That's Why I Want You To Know

I'm Starting With The Man In The Mirror
I'm Asking Him To Change His Ways
And No Message Could Have Been Any Clearer
If You Wanna Make The World A Better Place
Take A Look At Yourself, And Then Make A Change

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
The only way to have world peace is not is to always act out of self interest but at the same ti,e help others.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It requires different ways of thinking and considering other people's perspectives. One must be mindful of the present and the future, not just the past.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Do nothing. There would be no chaos.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
The libertarians need to play a much bigger role in reining in the irrational violence of non-libertarians. At the heart of every conflict is a disrepect for the rights (property, religious, civil) of other people. Every school curriculum should teach libertarian principles and how to resolve differences through reason rather than violence. That's not going to happen anytime soon because the vast majority of humanity are irrational, greedy bastards.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Haha. As long as humans are so and plenty.