• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is God Evil?

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Naw, that money's going to the $200 million yacht that will help him better spread the Word(c) around the world... or at least the Bahamas

Barmaley

I received hie first reply. I guess I can not post it here for copyright reason. If interested PM to me for a copy of the reply.

Paisley

Strolling Through The Shire
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Haha, love the cynicism, and I share your sentiments.

A relativistic meaning is not an ultimate meaning, that's all. The meaning you give life can be wrong, whereas God's, by the ontological definition, can not be.

O

Oberon

The great majority of posters here never took the concept of the Judeo-Christian God seriously to begin with, or they would never have posted the things that they have posted.

One's concept of the "morality" of God changes considerably when you think you may actually stand before Him one day.

O

Oberon

It's very easy to call God "immoral" when you never believed in Him in the first place. Sophistries are cheap. What do you really believe?

[turns away]

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
absolutpurity.jpg

S

Sniffles

The great majority of posters here never took the concept of the Judeo-Christian God seriously to begin with, or they would never have posted the things that they have posted.
This just can't be stressed enough.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If god exists and is truely an omnipotent being and not just a higher evolved life form. Then logically, he is neither evil nor good.

If he is just a higher evolved life form using us as research material, he is evil.

If he doesn't exist at all, it would mean that we have only ourselves to account for, and that is a good thing.

PS: My point is that morality comes from humanity, just in case anyone missed that. I'm not interested at all in discussing the existance or essence of god.

Arthur Schopenhauer

What is, is.
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
If god exists and is truely an omnipotent being and not just a higher evolved life form. Then logically, he is neither evil nor good.

If he is just a higher evolved life form using us as research material, he is evil.

If he doesn't exist at all, it would mean that we have only ourselves to account for, and that is a good thing.

PS: My point is that morality comes from humanity, just in case anyone missed that. I'm not interested at all in discussing the existance or essence of god.

No. I think that the God we're talking about would be inherently good. You don't have to discuss this, I'm just correcting you so that others don't become confused.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
In a manner of speaking, but not the way you may be thinking.

We don't call Him right because we're afraid of Him... rather, we should be afraid of Him because He's right.

Why should correctness evoke fear?