• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Transmigration of the soul

InsatiableCuriosity

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Your last sentence is a little screwy but I get what you're saying. The biggest difference is that most of Einstein's theories are falsifiable and competing theories have often been brought up against them. That's the nature of the scientific method. The lack of a trail of credentials on the sites you linked is only part of the issue, the complete unfalsifiable experiment and conjecture based on it is the other part.
I know this but back in the day - Einstein had no credibility and couldn't even get into a technical college. What I was trying to point out is that hypothesis does not necessarily require credentials or shouldn't need to.

Faraday is another important contributor to modern theory of physics yet he had similar issues to Einstein.

And don't call me closed minded.
That was not my intent.

I'm actually really interested in consciousness and a lot of my thesis work touches on parts of neuroscience dealing with it. There is interesting research being done in the area of consciousness and ideas of group consciousness and dualism (the latter which isn't regarded very well anymore but still hasn't been completely ruled out.)
As am I interested (very much so) but I do not believe in our lifetimes we will truly understand consciousness, if ever.

For every scientifically proven answer, hundreds, if not thousands, of new questions arise. Hypothesis requires imagination and mental connections being made between often superficially unrelated events, processes and materials. The proof comes after and is always limited by what we know and understand and can prove with the resources and knowledge that we have at this time.

Lark

You know I'm intrigued by a Chinese or buddhist version of the afterlife which suggests that we are actually living in a kind of hell presently, in accordance with the amount of merits we acquire over a single life span we can have a kind of celestial time out from existence, although once its used up we return to life.

If you're so wicked as to actually have demerits you're reincarnated as a warthog or something, not because those beasts are unworthy or wicked but because you might do less harm that way.