• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Who, or what, is this "God"?

Iriohm

MBTI Type
INKP
Enneagram
5w4
I can contest that I can find several laws that are black and white (i.e. gravity). Existence is rather pointless to argue over seeing as the same arguments are continuously brought up until circularly you end up where you began. It doesn't matter whether you do, or not... you just are. If you DID figure out that you didn't exist in what way would that help you?

Anti-gravity will hopefully be invented someday, but you're still very much right; thank you for chiming in. I can live knowing not everyone agrees with me, and I'm tired of this argument.

*turns to regard foolish heart*

Peace?

Iriohm

MBTI Type
INKP
Enneagram
5w4
sure, lol

Naboo_celebration.jpg

I had to. Farewell.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
God is a possibility the nature of which is such that it can never become an actuality. This is why God is known only through faith.

God is the opposite of death, which is an impossibility that presents itself as being possible.

Death and God together outline the entire gamut of possibilities: those that are sought as an expression of telos (God), and those that pose an obstacle to that telos by threatening it with the possibility of its failure (in other words, impossibility).

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Who, or what, is this "God?"

"Half the people in the world think that the metaphors of their religious traditions, for example, are facts. And the other half contends that they are not facts at all. As a result we have people who consider themselves believers because they accept metaphors as facts, and we have others who classify themselves as atheists because they think religious metaphors are lies.” Joseph Campbell
I think that anything that cannot be explained as of yet is attributed to
god. There is so much that we don't know. It is the unknown. It causes us distress. We need an explanation Our curious mind with its curiosity needs to know, and to classify things both to make ourselves feel better & to explain it to others. Our wonderful creative brain fills in the blanks.
We use metaphors to describe things we may not know the truth of.
These metaphors are written down. People hold on to it to explain reality.
It is taken as truth. He is very different things to varied people. No one can say. We do not have the capacity to grasp God, all we can do is have a belief system and work from that point. It is so disturbing and anger provoking to see humankind squabble over what they don't even have a clue. I do so like eastern philosophy in that there being different roads, as well paths up a mountain. Or across an ocean that is a human consciousness. This is in stark contrast with the Western monotheistic religions of Christianity, Judaism, Zoroastrianism and of course the highly disturbing emanations from Islam. I say let each live their path.
It is my belief we are interconnected. So if one loses themself, and let's go, there is a heady rush. People ascribe this phenomenon to God. I believe that it has a scientific explanation. But this powerful felt heady euphoria is experienced in all the branches of religion; Kabbalah, Sufism, etc. I will just describe the apparent phenomenon and not label it anything, currently. I equate it sort of as love. Feeling in love is heady, and quite fascinating. Make of it what you will. A thing I do acknowledge is that an experience such as feeling saved, or feeling and being in love is a profound feeling. Some shall describe it as being connected to the almighty or to a universal consciousness, or state of oneness. A believer will not in any way convince a non-believer with using reason, for it is felt. I am of the belief that it is incorrectly labeled as coming from a higher power. A nonbeliever will conversely be unable to convince a devout believer to ascribe with agnosticism. Let's live, love each other and leave every one alone. In a nutshell my 'god' is nature as well our interrelatedness. I happen to not believe in a external source dictating our activities, for it is up to us to make our own destinies.

jtanSis1

MBTI Type
INFP
a simple answer would be to say that 'God' is the consciousness of the universe, making us a part of the all.