• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hypnotic Cults *split*

Mole

Permabanned
The Facts of Life

The simple facts of life are that spontaneity, freedom and beauty can only be beaten by spontaneity, freedom and beauty. Authoritarianism doesn't stand a chance.

MBTI Type
INTJ
unicorn-puzzle.jpg

Lark

I wonder is it a sign of narcissism if you think everyone else is hypnotised/deluded/brainwashed or just paranoia?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I am astounded by the sheer ugliness of it - and how this ugliness is lapped up on this site.

Beat being spontaneous with you is ugly? I was rather looking forward to it, as I say.

S

Sniffles

I wonder is it a sign of narcissism if you think everyone else is hypnotised/deluded/brainwashed or just paranoia?

"You're insane, John!"
"Wrong! I'm perfectly sane. Everyone else, however, is insane and trying to steal my magic bag."

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9

Let's not be exclusive with our possibilites here, eh... ;)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Let's not be exclusive with our possibilites here, eh... ;)

Yeah, actually from a psychiatric standpoint I don't think narcissism has anything at all to do with thinking others are deluded or brainwashed.

Could be paranoid Ni.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Victor probably laughs at his posts more than we do. I think his aim is to be ridiculous and facetious.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I read him as entirely serious but in complete despair of ever enlightening all us dim bulbs.

Phoenix_400

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
5w6
It seems that OP is an Agent of Chaos. Ah, the good ol' order vs chaos debate. Can't have one without the other.

Need more Yin/Yang up in here.
funny-pictures-yin-yang-cats.jpg

I'm really starting to like Victor. :Gives Vic a big hug: :hug: :Injects a neurotransmitter into Vic's neck and starts broadcasting thoughts into his head:

OBEY! OBEY!

Vic? Is this you? :D
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp_K8prLfso"]They Live[/YOUTUBE]

G

Ginkgo

Relishing autonomy is liberating, but it eventually becomes exhausting.

"I'm going to be my own man, now Goddamit!"

"Oh yeah? Well what happens when you get tired of bossing yourself around?"

Phoenix_400

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
5w6
It just dawned on me why I like this thread so much...
This is an authoritarian site, deaf to spontaneity, quite like the military.

And spontaneity is my dearest value. And I understand spontaneity is not valued here any more than I am.

:Looks under Vic's avatar: 5,964 posts??? You sure do enjoy spending time on this authoritarian site, Mr. Spontaneity. :nice:
Welcome to the machine, Vic.

OBEY! :D

So what we need to begin with is one moderator who has risen above chaos, and who had risen above authoritarianism and who enjoys the sunny uplands of spontaneity. And then we will start to have a more balanced site.

AH HA!!! Your true plan is revealed. So cleverly speaking of your need for spontaneity and then suggesting a Mod who is above authoritarianism.

You just wanna be a Mod! :rofl1:

Victor = Authoritarian in Disguise. Well played, OP!:happy0065:

G

Ginkgo

Victor = Authoritarian in Disguise. Well played, OP!:happy0065:

Keen eye. :jew:

For a nice person has an authoritarian personality. And an authoritarian is divided against themselves. They are the classic divided self.

And they only show you the nice part.

The authoritarian personality is an improvement on the abusive personality. For the abusive personality is against you, while the authoritarian personality is against themselves.

But its worse, the authoritarian personality seeks positions of authority. And there is nothing worse than an authoritarian personality in charge. And whenever I see an authoritarian personality in charge, I feel sick.

But always remember that no matter how nice an authoritarian is, no matter how powerful they become, they have an inner weakness and they are inclined to break down under stress.

From the outside they look impregnable, but from the inside we know they will crumble under stress. So it is up to us, not to attack them from the outside, but to attack them from the inside, their weakest point.

Their niceness is simply part of their external defence. And of course we fall for it because we long to have someone powerful be nice to us.

If the authoritarian personality has strong external defenses and weak internal defenses, it is because they are intrinsically autonomous.

So the autonomous person may have external chaos, but strong internal defenses because they are intrinsically authoritarian.

The autonomous person is also crude and rebellious on the outside, while being sensitive and "nice" on the inside.

I think that the authoritarian/autonomous dichotomy that you're drawing is false and misleading.

It makes you look like a savior with a vendetta, fighting nothing but your own discomfort and then venting it out on others.

So you are only revolting against yourself.

Phoenix_400

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
5w6
In the interests of Spontaneity and as a show of respect to the ideals of our friend Victor...I'm derailing this thread. :D

This thread is now about bananas.:banana:

picture.php

Mole

Permabanned
If the authoritarian personality has strong external defenses and weak internal defenses, it is because they are intrinsically autonomous.

Yes, the advantage the authoritarian personality has viz the abusive personality is that the authoritarian personality is autonomous.

The authoritarian personality goes to work even thought they hate it.

Whereas the abusive personality needs someone else to abuse in order to function.

So the authoritarian personality is autonomous, while the abusive personality is dependent.

Mole

Permabanned
:Looks under Vic's avatar: 5,964 posts??? You sure do enjoy spending time on this authoritarian site, Mr. Spontaneity. :nice:

Yes, I do enjoy posting. I enjoy one post at a time. One enjoyable step after another until I've almost climbed a 6,000 foot peak.