• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hypnotic Cults *split*

Mole

Permabanned
If you have any stories related to you, family members, friends, loved ones in general who have been in or are still in a mind-controlling cult, please share your story, or what you know of the situation.

I was interested in the cult of Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh. And it turned out that the Bhagwan was a hypnotist and a crook.

So I was very interested to discover that MBTI was based on the work of Carl Jung who was also a hypnotist and a crook.

And I was astounded to find so many hypnotised by MBTI. Yes, for the last seventy years upwards of four million Americans do the MBTI test every year. Not of course counting the vast number of foreigners who also do the same test every year.

Carl Jung had a father fixation and was an ardent follower of the Fuhrer. So Carl was hypnotised by the Fuhrer and his followers are hypnotised by Carl.

And of course in hypnosis the critical faculties are asleep and no empirical evidence is required.

MBTI Type
INTJ
When I saw that Victor had posted in this thread, I could have written the post for him without even looking at it. Apologies to the OP for this equally pointless reply.

Mole

Permabanned
Cults and Group Think

I don't understand how people get caught up in situations like this...

In exactly the same way people get caught up in MBTI.

Look - this site alone has ten thousand members and anyone who tries to break the group hypnotic bubble is subject to unrelenting ad hominem attacks.

Of course ad hominem attacks are against the rules, but it is OK to personally attack anyone who tries to wake the members from the group hypnosis of MBTI.

And extensive study of group think was made after the Bay of Pigs disaster, and exactly the same findings of group think and ad hominem attacks could be made here.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Victor... Please take your MBTI problems into another thread. It's totally off-topic.

G

Ginkgo

Look - this site alone has ten thousand members and anyone who tries to break the group hypnotic bubble is subject to unrelenting ad hominem attacks.

Of course ad hominem attacks are against the rules, but it is OK to personally attack anyone who tries to wake the members from the group hypnosis of MBTI.

And extensive study of group think was made after the Bay of Pigs disaster, and exactly the same findings of group think and ad hominem attacks could be made here.

All you're doing is trying to induce your own brand of hypnosis, which is not objective or unbiased.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

MBTI is not a form of mind control. Linking MBTI with religious cults downplays the profound and terrible effect the latter can have on ones life.

But yeah, I know it's your thang.

Mole

Permabanned
Victor... Please take your MBTI problems into another thread. It's totally off-topic.

This whole site is about MBTI.

But what is 'off-topic' is the principled critique of MBTI.

And in particular, this thread is called Cults and MBTI is a cult.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Victor, it is off topic as it has nothing to do with the OP. Take it elsewhere please.

S

Sniffles

2. Sperg

b. A tantrum about a percieved injustice, a la someone with Asperger's

Jay sperged about how different the Harry Potter movies were different from the books, and got thrown out of the theater for disrupting everyone, then he called and complained to the theater about how they were so mean to him.

Urban Dictionary: Sperg

G

Ginkgo

2. Sperg

b. A tantrum about a percieved injustice, a la someone with Asperger's

Jay sperged about how different the Harry Potter movies were different from the books, and got thrown out of the theater for disrupting everyone, then he called and complained to the theater about how they were so mean to him.

Urban Dictionary: Sperg

:rofl1:

Mole

Permabanned
The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie

I'm glad you've met some really nice people...

The problem with nice people is that it is only half the story.

For a nice person has an authoritarian personality. And an authoritarian is divided against themselves. They are the classic divided self.

And they only show you the nice part.

The authoritarian personality is an improvement on the abusive personality. For the abusive personality is against you, while the authoritarian personality is against themselves.

But its worse, the authoritarian personality seeks positions of authority. And there is nothing worse than an authoritarian personality in charge. And whenever I see an authoritarian personality in charge, I feel sick.

But always remember that no matter how nice an authoritarian is, no matter how powerful they become, they have an inner weakness and they are inclined to break down under stress.

A good example is General Peter Cosgrove, Chancellor of the Australian Catholic University. Peter is not an academic. He is not a scientist. He is not an artist. He is not an intellectual. He is simply a military General.

The Australian Catholic University is under attack for covering up child rape and child torture, for operating a corrupt system of cronyism and for running rigged elections for students, and for suppressing dissent.

So they have appointed a General to the top job to defend the University. His appointment is to defend an authoritarian institution rightly under scrutiny.

But when you meet Peter, he is the nicest person in the world. It is a struggle not to call him Sir. But he radiates goodness. He is the archetypical good catholic boy.

In the military his men love him, for they do as they are told just as Peter has done all his life.

From the outside they look impregnable, but from the inside we know they will crumble under stress. So it is up to us, not to attack them from the outside, but to attack them from the inside, their weakest point.

Their niceness is simply part of their external defence. And of course we fall for it because we long to have someone powerful be nice to us.

This is the discreet charm of the bourgeoisie.

So do dine with us at -

YouTube - 1/10 The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie (1972)

RSVP.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Well, it looks like my 'relevancy to thread' meter is showing unresponsive.

Mole

Permabanned
Chaos, Authoritarianism and Spontaneity

Well, it looks like my 'relevancy to thread' meter is showing unresponsive.

This is an authoritarian site, deaf to spontaneity, quite like the military.

And spontaneity is my dearest value. And I understand spontaneity is not valued here any more than I am.

However spontaneity trumps authoritarianism any day because authoritarianism is ugly, it is cack-handed, it is armoured and defensive and obsessive - while spontaneity is beautiful.

Authoritarianism lacks empathy, creativity and spontaneity. So what's it good for?

Authoritarianism is excellent for bringing order from chaos; from bringing order to the chaos of the battlefield; from bring order from the chaos of adolescents; or bringing order to the chaos of their divorcing Mums.

So what we need to begin with is one moderator who has risen above chaos, and who had risen above authoritarianism and who enjoys the sunny uplands of spontaneity. And then we will start to have a more balanced site.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Did you just call me ugly and cack-handed? :D

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
You can make a thread entitled "my spontaneous palace" and be absolutely, mind numbingly spontaneous if you want to... There's a reason that there's subforums and then subject titles for threads so that the content within will be proper to the direction intended by the thread creator.

I'm starting to feel spontaneous. Vic, let's be spontaneous together, shall we?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
The problem with nice people is that it is only half the story.

For a nice person has an authoritarian personality. And an authoritarian is divided against themselves. They are the classic divided self.

And they only show you the nice part.

The authoritarian personality is an improvement on the abusive personality. For the abusive personality is against you, while the authoritarian personality is against themselves.

But its worse, the authoritarian personality seeks positions of authority. And there is nothing worse than an authoritarian personality in charge. And whenever I see an authoritarian personality in charge, I feel sick.

So you're saying you don't like Fe?

This is the discreet charm of the bourgeoisie.

So do dine with us at -

YouTube - 1/10 The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie (1972)

RSVP.

Yeah, I've seen that movie.

Mole

Permabanned
You can make a thread entitled "my spontaneous palace" and be absolutely, mind numbingly spontaneous if you want to... There's a reason that there's subforums and then subject titles for threads so that the content within will be proper to the direction intended by the thread creator.

I'm starting to feel spontaneous. Vic, let's be spontaneous together, shall we?

You have told us you have been trained in an authoritarian institution. And this same institution trains its recruits to attack spontaneity.

This puts you in a difficult position as spontaneity will be out of your reach without extensive therapy.

May I suggest the Radix Institute of Albuquerque, New Mexico. They are truly excellent in helping those crippled by authoritarianism to move safely to the freedom and spontaneity.