• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is the purpose of your life?

P

Phantonym

Living it with aims that the positives outweigh the negatives for myself and everyone else in the web of...others trying to live.

BRMC117

is an ambi-turner
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w2
I am here to help and protect people, at what ever the cost to me. I have always felt that I was put on this earth to help others. I have had a great life, and its time to show others the love and compassion I have been shown my whole life.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
To experience having a body and living in a material world.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have not yet found my purpose. And I may never find it. I do believe if that purpose is complete in my life I will feel ready for death.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Someone once told me the purpose of life was to be in complete harmony with ones surroundings...i like that.

gromit

likes this
Growth, knowledge, learning to love purely and with wisdom. That is my life's purpose. Joy is important too, but I don't know if I'd consider it a part of the purpose of my life.

Lucas

MBTI Type
INTP
To ask what the purpose of my life is assumes that it has some sort of goal, that it exists to achieve some external end.

My life has no purpose. It simply is, and so exists as an experience, not an end.

What I intend to do with that experience is quite simple. I wish to learn everything that can be learned about everything. I highly doubt I will succeed, but nevertheless....

gromit

likes this
To ask what the purpose of my life is assumes that it has some sort of goal, that it exists to achieve some external end.

My life has no purpose. It simply is, and so exists as an experience, not an end.

What I intend to do with that experience is quite simple. I wish to learn everything that can be learned about everything. I highly doubt I will succeed, but nevertheless....

Sounds like a goal to me...

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I think Jung said it most eloquently.

"As far as we can discern,the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light of meaning in the darkness of mere being"

I take that to mean, the meaning of life is simply.. to live

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I like this:

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. ~ Thoreau

Life is about experiencing things, living not existing, having no desires left unattempted and most importantly FUN :yay:

wolfy

awsm
My favourite is the meaning of life is to have meaning.

I like it because it is pithy. It needs ethics to go along with it but that is a given.