• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is the purpose of your life?

Words of Ivory

facettes de la petite mor
MBTI Type
INFJ
To figure everything out.

Me thinks I've aimed for a far too lofty and completely unreachable goal, in hindsight.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
To be able to reach the point of my deathbed and tell myself, 'Well, I did a mighty fine job of living.' And having other people say the same thing.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Reproduction.

Now that we've got that one out of the way, let's see what we can do in this world!

foolish heart

MBTI Type
ISTP
Not really... assuming you think the MBTI is credible, ISTPs are the "master of tools" so yeah I tend to see everything in terms of "what's its purpose? what does it do?". INFJs are big into personal growth, so for her that's probably quite a goal as someone who is not naturally in tune with those things.

To glorify God and enjoy Him forever

Hey, I really like this. Have you always thought this? If not, how did you come to that outlook? Was it through personal reflection, or... ?

Serge

MBTI Type
INXJ
Enneagram
5w6
The purpose of my life is to find purpose in my life.

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
To consume all resources in our planet, then move on to another planet until the universe is barren. Like viruses, we humans invade and corrupt everything we come in contact with. We mimic, we adapt, we are self sufficient, and are program to survive much like viruses that invade its host. Hopefully one day, we get ejaculated to another universe where we can start the cycle all over again under the banner of survival (my theory is when two universe have sex it creates wormholes). So that is my take on the purpose of life which means being human is definately awesome and I wouldn't have it any other way :).

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
Of course there is no purpose to life and that's its glory.

Damn, I was here expecting that you'd answer the question. Now I have to pull out my list of the many disappointments I've had in life and add this moment.

Mole

Permabanned
The Greatest Good for the Greatest Number

Damn, I was here expecting that you'd answer the question. Now I have to pull out my list of many disappointment in life and add this moment.

"The Origin Of Species", by Charles Darwin makes it plain there is no purpose to life.

We are free. And we are becoming freer. We have freed ourselves from the sacrificial personality with the abusive personality. And we have freed ourselves from the abusive personality with the authoritarian personality. And we are freeing ourselves today from the authoritarian personality with the creative personality. Each step is a social and personal improvement.

However each personality type is dependent on the child rearing practices of the time.

And as we have become more prosperous and educated, we are starting to practice the helping mode of childrearing, where we help our child achieve their life goals.

And the helping mode of child rearing is leading to more and more creative and empathic personalities.

So although life doesn't have a purpose, we create our own purpose.

Here for instance, our purpose is the greatest good for the greatest number, using reason and the limitation of power to achieve our goal.

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
"The Origin Of Species", by Charles Darwin makes it plain there is no purpose to life.

We are free. And we are becoming freer. We have freed ourselves from the sacrificial personality with the abusive personality. And we have freed ourselves from the abusive personality with the authoritarian personality. And we are freeing ourselves today from the authoritarian personality with the creative personality. Each step is a social and personal improvement.

However each personality type is dependent on the child rearing practices of the time.

And as we have become more prosperous and educated, we are starting to practice the helping mode of childrearing, where we help our child achieve their life goals.

And the helping mode of child rearing is leading to more and more creative and empathic personalities.

Come now Victor, I'm looking for your defination of the meaning of life, not Charles Darwin :). Unless, you're telling me that his defination is your defination and you have nothing to add to it.

wolfy

awsm

You could say that "The Origin Of Species" was Charles Darwin's purpose in life, could you not? Does not being able to see an all encompassing purpose equal no purpose?

Mole

Permabanned
The Ratty Individual

You could say that "The Origin Of Species" was Charles Darwin's purpose in life, could you not? Does not being able to see an all encompassing purpose equal no purpose?

The great purpose of science is understanding. And Charles Darwin partook of that purpose in Natural History.

Happiness in life is found in finding a purpose larger than oneself. But how typical of the ratty MBTI to focus on the purpose of the individual.

And how typical for the ratty USA to focus all on the individual and ignore the social.

And with what poetic justice are Americans made unhappy by their individual pursuit of happiness, mandated by their ratty Constitution.