• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Rules to live by:

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
What are the rules that you personally think you should live by? I have to remind myself every now and then, if I dont my life is a wreck. Ive been so irresponsible latly, I feel like Im crashing hard.

1. Be responsible with finances
2. Dont let anyone else control my feelings
3. Dont forget to take care of myself
4. Two wrongs dont make a right
5. Think positive

Mole

Permabanned
What are the rules that you personally think you should live by? I have to remind myself every now and then, if I dont my life is a wreck. Ive been so irresponsible latly, I feel like Im crashing hard.

5. Think positive

We are born without control so we are given rules to live by.

But by the age of about 22 we reach the height of our control, and if we continue on the same path of control, we become absurd.

Yes, by about the age of 22 it is time to start to let go of control and reach for spontaneity.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
be a loyal friend

treat others as they want to be treated

enjoy the little things, otherwise why bother living?

:)

man

MBTI Type
IntP
Enneagram
=)
Love others.
Respect yourself.
Never give up!!! :)

Mole

Permabanned
Abandon rules, abandon yourself, seek intercourse with the universe spontaneous moment by spontaneous moment.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA

But by the age of about 22 we reach the height of our control, and if we continue on the same path of control, we become absurd.

Yes, by about the age of 22 it is time to start to let go of control and reach for spontaneity.

This is true, but once we reach maturity we are still not rule free. We have moved from the rules we were taught or had forced on us, to the rules we have discovered though experience and understanding. Not that we have to follow them ;).

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

5. Think positive

This rule has worked for me my entire life.
It is a simple rule that speaks to all occasions, and to all people:

"Lead, Follow, or Get the Fuck Out of My Way." :2ar15:

Don't sweat the small stuff. :thumbdown:

Dream big, think big, and make big things happen in your life. :rock:

Shoot for the stars, land wherever, for the destination matters not if you are clever. :newwink:

wolfy

awsm
Use only that which works, and take it from any place you can find it.
Live and let live.
Walk on.

Pixelholic

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
1. Be Honest, no matter what.
2. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you
3. Don't be a twat
4. Be open minded
5. Be skeptical
6. Be thoughtful and encourage others to do the same
7. Sometimes you will be wrong. That is okay.
8. If someone tells you something is absolutely true, they're probably trying to sell you something.
9. Never use Comic Sans.

sui generis

don't fence me in
MBTI Type
esTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Be honest.
Be true to yourself.
Try to be as little of an asshole as possible.
Don't hurt people deliberately.
Think.
Never stop seeking truth.
Never stop learning.
Be fair.
Don't be wasteful.
Learn from your life experiences and try to share that knowledge with others.
Ask questions.

Kriash

Resident Apple Hoarder
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
1.Don't let others dictate how I will live my life.
2. Be responsible with what I have.
3. Be respectful to myself, others, and the earth.
4. Appreciate each second of life and live it to the fullest.

Kriash

Resident Apple Hoarder
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
1. Be Honest, no matter what.
2. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you
3. Don't be a twat
4. Be open minded
5. Be skeptical
6. Be thoughtful and encourage others to do the same
7. Sometimes you will be wrong. That is okay.
8. If someone tells you something is absolutely true, they're probably trying to sell you something.
9. Never use Comic Sans.

I think I like yours better than mine. Much more specific :D

Mole

Permabanned
This is true, but once we reach maturity we are still not rule free. We have moved from the rules we were taught or had forced on us, to the rules we have discovered though experience and understanding. Not that we have to follow them ;).

Yes, it's more that by the age of twenty-two we can start to take the rules for granted and turn our minds to spontaneity.

If we continue to fixate on the rules when it is no longer necessary, we become absurd, control freaks.

But taking the rules for granted is a bit like leaving home - it's a bit scary and we don't know what will happen.

And with each spontaneous breath we breathe deeper and freer.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx

I dont think I would be able to hold a job or be healthy if I didnt have (my own) rules to live by. If you can thats awesome, rock on! I can be a real party animal and rebellious at times, so I have to check myself and be responsible and not let it get out of control.

InsatiableCuriosity

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
most of the above with the addition of:

1. don't crowd people - give them the support and space to be who they are
  2. always walk a mile in someone else's shoes before judging them
  3. before you feel self-pity remember "I cried because I have no shoes until I saw a man who had no feet"
  4. always stand up for those who cannot stand up for themselves

durentu

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
- find what you love and be the best as you can at it
- "When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always." - ghandi
- life without reflection is lived as a beast
- their world is more important to them than yours
- most people cannot see or act on the difference between truth and facades (veils of maya)
- everyone is seeking meaning in their lives
- be aware of the freedoms and powers people give me, just as acutely I'm aware of the freedoms and powers I give others.
- if it's worth doing, it's worth doing right
- "Everything you hear is an opinion, not facts. Everything you see is a perspective, not truth" - marcus aurelius
- "applaud my dear friends, the comedy is over" - beethoven's last words
- “Ultimately we know deeply that the other side of every fear is freedom.” Marilyn Ferguson
- "elegance is refusal" - coco chanel
- it's best to deliver truth wrapped in fiction
- "There is, indeed, nothing that so much seduces reason from vigilance, as the thought of passing life with an amiable woman. " Samuel Johnson
- if you treat them like beasts, they will behave like beasts. if you treat them like humans, they behave as gods.
- "Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure there is one less rascal in the world. " - Thomas Carlyle
- if you want to see the true nature of a man, give him power over you.

those are the general ones.

Mole

Permabanned
I dont think I would be able to hold a job or be healthy if I didnt have (my own) rules to live by. If you can thats awesome, rock on! I can be a real party animal and rebellious at times, so I have to check myself and be responsible and not let it get out of control.

A good way to control even a rebellious party animal is to hold our breath.

We breathe to live, so if we restrict our breathing, we restrict our life.

I can't imagine anything worse than a rebellious party animal out of control, who knows what she might do?

I learnt to breathe freer and deeper through Reichian therapy at the Radix Institute, Albuquerque, New Mexico.

Just click on -

http://www.radix.org/index.html

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Lol Im not that crazy, I dont beat people up or act a fool in public...Im just up until the break of dawn really.

Sometimes I do forget to breath, thank you for the reminder :).