• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Past Life Regression

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Out of curiosity I tried some past life regression hypnosis that dragged on for 4 hours yesterday.

What did i learn, well that i got sexually abused and saw a family die and got chased out of a tribe and had true love before i died and got prosecuted for knowing too much by the inquisition. ha! :D

They were intense and confusing, was my mind playing tricks on me. it left an impression on me and i woke up this morning and shrugged.

This kind of sums it up for me

Hypnosis & Past Life Regression - Is it Real?

I personally don’t consider past life regression, where people go back using hypnosis and visit experiences they had in a previous life, to be a real hypnotic phenomenon. I do believe and know that people have experiences in hypnosis that they often think are past lives. They are undoubtedly experiencing something, but I believe that it is the unconscious mind playing out the scenario for them, and not a real ‘regression.’

I have never really had anyone in hypnosis experience being a refuse worker or a sewer worker in their past life. They always seem to be kings and queens or famous people on a mission. Often, upon further questioning, their past life is usually someone that they presently admire or would aspire to be like. For instance, someone who has an experience of being a missionary might have always dreamed of doing that in this life. Whether the past life experience is real or imagined, I believe that this kind of hypnosis therapy can actually be helpful. I know it can certainly help produce a profound positive shift for some people.

If someone came along to me and said “I’ve got this problem and I believe it comes from an experience in my past life,” then I might go down that road with them and help them to explore in hypnosis. It doesn’t matter if I personally believe this to be true, because they do. What’s important is that this is part of their belief system.

There are plenty of stories and books written on past life regressions achieved through hypnosis. People often use facts they learn of during their “regression” to validate and prove their claims. However, I’m still not convinced. I’ve done a lot of work with hypnosis and I’ve had a lot of clients that believe they’ve had past life experiences, but they never seem to give enough facts or information to back it up for me.

Again, in a one-to-one hypnosis session I will guide someone through one of these experiences if I believe it will help them, but I would never consider doing this in a recorded self-hypnosis session.

I know there are others out there who do produce such self-hypnosis sessions and it’s their choice; however, people’s beliefs about past lives can bring up very deep emotional issues and experiences for them and that’s something I believe is best suited for professional guidance.

I could go into more detail with mine but I don't want to because it was too strange.
What are your thoughts?
Has anyone tried past life regression?
This has some parallels to reincarnation and does it happen?

Who knows with these things, highly subjective i guess.

Accept

MBTI Type
TRUE
What are your thoughts?

I was involved with regressions for a year or so, and came to a conclusion similar to the ones in the article. I think the Bridey Murphy case can explain away any apparent regression, but may still have value in discovering long forgotten experiences of the current life that can be hidden in the tale of an imaginary past life.

My only significant regression involved being a junior cavalry officer who had joined late in the civil war (inspired by the emancipation proclamation.) Supposedly I survived a couple of minor skirmishes, but was fatally wounded in an ambush.
At first the regression seemed amazing since I had described the wound being the same spot where I had always disliked being touched. It didn't take much thinking to realize that it was likely that having a sensitive spot in this life became the inspiration of the subconscious imagination to create a tale that could explain the reason for the aversion.

I didn't know enough about the other subject's pasts to explain their regressions, but mine seemed to discredit the validity of the concept. To a believer I probably rode through Tennessee in search of rebel troops. For me it combined a minor mystery of my life with the known part of my childhood that included horses, ranchers, cowboys/girls, and a love of riding.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I studied this sort of thing when I was young and enjoy reading about it, but my biggest complaint was always the thing mentioned in your sidebar:

I have never really had anyone in hypnosis experience being a refuse worker or a sewer worker in their past life. They always seem to be kings and queens or famous people on a mission.

I'm inclined to see it as not a factual reality but some sort of "play acting" that allows people to work through issues they've been internalizing but cannot articulate. Some people just cannot deal with painful emotions and disappointments directly or might have them deeply buried.

Often, upon further questioning, their past life is usually someone that they presently admire or would aspire to be like. For instance, someone who has an experience of being a missionary might have always dreamed of doing that in this life. Whether the past life experience is real or imagined, I believe that this kind of hypnosis therapy can actually be helpful. I know it can certainly help produce a profound positive shift for some people.

Yes, regardless of whether the past life is "factual," the process of working through it can still be beneficial. Then again, if people insist on taking it literally, it could mess them up or be an escape/diversion for real psychological healing.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I studied this sort of thing when I was young and enjoy reading about it, but my biggest complaint was always the thing mentioned in your sidebar:

I'm inclined to see it as not a factual reality but some sort of "play acting" that allows people to work through issues they've been internalizing but cannot articulate. Some people just cannot deal with painful emotions and disappointments directly or might have them deeply buried.

Yes, regardless of whether the past life is "factual," the process of working through it can still be beneficial. Then again, if people insist on taking it literally, it could mess them up or be an escape/diversion for real psychological healing.

ah yeah, that's a good way of saying it, the subconscious mind is interpreting those core beliefs into a form of regression that would be past tense, however the reality is its more like a subconscious issue that happened in this life time however unnoticed.

its possibly something else but i can't determine what. though i am fascinated by mine since none have happened to me this life time. i mean the sexual abuse unless i correlate it to verbal abuse, the family death unless i correlate it to my grandparents passing. knowing too much unless i got shunned from a place and it felt like an inquisition. true love unless i correlate it to, can't. unless i correlate the shaman bit to wisdom in general. the reference is hazy otherwise. it seemed like a curious divergence into the mind. hahah and i don't even want to understand the parts where i'm a girl, unless part of the endocrine issue ha.

T

ThatGirl

Sounds like fun......I was most likely Cleopatra, also burned at the steak during the witch trials. Also lived in a clay house that a canal ran through. And also a sports fan.

Where do you find stuff like this?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I tried this today. I knew there would probably be a thread on it, so I didn't start one!

I don't necessarily believe in reincarnation, but thought that this would be something interesting anyway. If anything, I would see something really neat or have an insight about something. (If not into myself, into something in general.) I may start a journal/ try to write a story, as this stuff would be hard to come up with in conscious awareness.

I didn't get far in any vision.

I saw a black lady, probably in her 40's with a really mangled leg and a walking stick. She seemed to be hiding from something in a dark room, reading a book. I felt a vibe of alone-ness- nobody else in her life. She had a lot of lesions and scars. At one point she became really frightened, terrified, and my mind went blank.

Then I went back and was allowed to be her for a minute, walking down some busy old fashioned street on a hot sunny day. I felt happy, but as though I needed to always check my back, like I was doing something wrong being out there. Then I was standing in a pig pen looking up at some window in the city, wanting to read a book that I was hiding in my clothing. Then after a few minutes of standing around in the pig pen, without anything happening, I chose to stop.

Then I kept going back, she was usually hiding and reading a book. Sometimes she was holding a baby, other times she wasn't. Then I saw her in the black room, and then she saw a bright glowing yellow light, (still in her 40's)- she squealed and dropped the stick and ran towards the light happily. (Looked like it was a metaphor for dying.)

Then I went back, and saw a black child, (presumably a younger version of the lady), very healthy and beautiful, both legs working. A big open infected scrape on her knee but otherwise healthy, running and dancing and laughing. She was wearing a pretty pink church dress, her hair in braids- she appeared to be at church.

Then I was unable to go back.

Cool experience!!

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
its possibly something else but i can't determine what. though i am fascinated by mine since none have happened to me this life time. i mean the sexual abuse unless i correlate it to verbal abuse, the family death unless i correlate it to my grandparents passing. knowing too much unless i got shunned from a place and it felt like an inquisition. true love unless i correlate it to, can't. unless i correlate the shaman bit to wisdom in general. the reference is hazy otherwise. it seemed like a curious divergence into the mind. hahah and i don't even want to understand the parts where i'm a girl, unless part of the endocrine issue ha.

This is why I was fascinated by the concept. I could "remember" something that I can't actually remember/ may never have happened. I wanted to see what my subconscious mind might conjure up for a "memory."

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
[MENTION=1930]Synapse[/MENTION]

I am highly curious about your experience. I've studied reincarnation/past life regression and near death experiences for more than 10 years now. It's my favorite hobby ;) I have come across a few case studies on past life regression that seem to VERY difficult to chalk up scientifically. There is always the doubt though, that the person who has done the case study is biased, and I'm afriad that alot of people who get into stuff like this tend to be biased.

Did you do alot of research on the person you went to for your past life regression?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No, never tried it. In a way reincarnation is the only thing that makes sense to me, as I've already been reincarnated several times in my lifetime. I can't honestly say that I get the impression I was anybody before I was born. If I were, I think i'd be a nearly enlightened Buddhist monk who fell in love with a peasant girl.

Helios

MBTI Type
INTP
Out of curiosity I tried some past life regression hypnosis that dragged on for 4 hours yesterday.

You didn't pay for this, did you?

They were intense and confusing, was my mind playing tricks on me. it left an impression on me and i woke up this morning and shrugged.

Is this a serious inquiry?

What are your thoughts?

No, I've not tried "past life regression". I've not tried hypnotherapy, either. This is because both hypnotherapy and "past life regression" are bullshit, though profitable bullshit nevertheless.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
This is why I was fascinated by the concept. I could "remember" something that I can't actually remember/ may never have happened. I wanted to see what my subconscious mind might conjure up for a "memory."

Wow haha I started a thread like this, of course I would. Thank you so much for sharing your experiences. :)
When I started this thread I was naive, now I'm aware we are more than what we seem and past lives do happen and you become aware of them when you are ready to remember aspects of yourself. I went to more past lives and saw much more, I am of a sense seeing we have been part of many experiences, as energy, we are eternal consciousness and this is a station, a procession of experience to release and create of that which is most wanted, desired of our current physicality.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wow haha I started a thread like this, of course I would. Thank you so much for sharing your experiences. :)
When I started this thread I was naive, now I'm aware we are more than what we seem and past lives do happen and you become aware of them when you are ready to remember aspects of yourself. I went to more past lives and saw much more, I am of a sense seeing we have been part of many experiences, as energy, we are eternal consciousness and this is a station, a procession of experience to release and create of that which is most wanted, desired of our current physicality.

I'm curious about what brought you to this conclusion.
I am extremely skeptical and in disbelief. It seems to me that I may have produced this person in some unconscious reality that I hold in my current life. I went back again and she was a very gaunt looking teenager, running extremely fast and jumping over a fence, (fence type unknown, could have been barbed wire, or picket, or any other nature.) She was still trying to escape from something....

"This is why I like running, and need to run to avoid panic attacks."

or....

"I happen to be a runner and I may be trying to escape from something emotionally, that's why I access this character." My dog also happens to have a leg that was broken at one point, and they told me that he was frightened and hiding and wouldn't let anyone touch him for a long time.

There is a possibility that I had a mangled leg and hid in a past life, and now bond with this dog so much because of it. But the second part sounds more realistic to me. (I'm a runner who bonds with a dog who had a mangled leg.) A subconscious reality that produced this character, not as much to do with stuff that happened.

It's still rather amazing though, this girl is someone that I didn't think about until I tried regression. I love hypnosis and accessing strange thoughts.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
[MENTION=1930]Synapse[/MENTION]

I am highly curious about your experience. I've studied reincarnation/past life regression and near death experiences for more than 10 years now. It's my favorite hobby ;) I have come across a few case studies on past life regression that seem to VERY difficult to chalk up scientifically. There is always the doubt though, that the person who has done the case study is biased, and I'm afriad that alot of people who get into stuff like this tend to be biased.

Did you do alot of research on the person you went to for your past life regression?

Yes, I have looked into the whole idea in great detail and beyond. The bias comes from a conditioned in-scrutiny reality that is foundational from childhood. I have been shown different experiences which saw me look at it in a more broader sense, past lives being the primary aspect of self. I wouldn't know where to begin or rather visiting places of significance are beyond my financial means to. For that I would need to visit such places like Turkey, Hungary and Slovakia as starters.

[youtube="LanURyWHKyA"]Past Life Regression[/youtube]

This is a good author to look into. My bias here is his research is limited to some 7,000 people. I had a knowing the other day that those energies that presented to him whoever they may be as a cross section of culture went as intended. And his work is real, I am reading his book right now about it and also aspects that feel misrepresented because of his limited range of people. Hahah thousands you say is limited. well yes, it is, its actually presenting a curve for him, as spirit wishes not the other way around. He may be convinced what he has been privy to is comprehensive truth which it is to a certain extent and yet I am of the feeling it is partial to the whole of the super consciousness. Like perceptual accumulation of information. Like throwing a pebble into the ocean, it jumps 4 times when it can jump a 100. Sounds impossible, though the impossible is in the minds eye alone. Which is exactly how science is jumps 4 times and is blinded to the whole in much the same manner.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
You didn't pay for this, did you?

Is this a serious inquiry?

No, I've not tried "past life regression". I've not tried hypnotherapy, either. This is because both hypnotherapy and "past life regression" are bullshit, though profitable bullshit nevertheless.

Yes I did pay for this, it cost less than 1 psychological or council session and it was 4 hours longer. And No I did not take it seriously when I started this thread I do Today.

Neither are bullshit, your perception of them are creating an illusion that is in a sense a 3D hologram and each conclusion you are making, creating is absolutely correct for you. It is intended to be that way.

Consider the super-conscious mind.
[youtube="l1cfBX1gGzQ"]Super-Conscious Mind[/youtube]

And Parallel universes.

[youtube="Z7SDrj4Tjvk"]Parallel Universe[/youtube]

It sounds like science fiction, then again it was said much the same of computers, cars and cloning some 100-200 years ago surely? Its interesting how eastern and western philosophies differ too. Our capacity to comprehension is in a state of rest, its meant to be that way in some ways like any drama.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, I have looked into the whole idea in great detail and beyond. The bias comes from a conditioned in-scrutiny reality that is foundational from childhood. I have been shown different experiences which saw me look at it in a more broader sense, past lives being the primary aspect of self. I wouldn't know where to begin or rather visiting places of significance are beyond my financial means to. For that I would need to visit such places like Turkey, Hungary and Slovakia as starters.

[youtube="LanURyWHKyA"]Past Life Regression[/youtube]

This is a good author to look into. My bias here is his research is limited to some 7,000 people. I had a knowing the other day that those energies that presented to him whoever they may be as a cross section of culture went as intended. And his work is real, I am reading his book right now about it and also aspects that feel misrepresented because of his limited range of people. Hahah thousands you say is limited. well yes, it is, its actually presenting a curve for him, as spirit wishes not the other way around. He may be convinced what he has been privy to is comprehensive truth which it is to a certain extent and yet I am of the feeling it is partial to the whole of the super consciousness. Like perceptual accumulation of information. Like throwing a pebble into the ocean, it jumps 4 times when it can jump a 100. Sounds impossible, though the impossible is in the minds eye alone. Which is exactly how science is jumps 4 times and is blinded to the whole in much the same manner.

WOW. This person is very engaging. Seems intelligent. I remember (really, this life.... :laugh:), going on a trip and talking about the age of our souls. Decided that there was an old soul, a new soul, and two middle aged souls in the car. (Me and close friend being middle aged.) The conversation had a lot of effect on me.

The 7,000 people is better than the 34 that someone on this site tried to use for evidence.... :laugh:... Besides, I'm sure that not a lot of people want to be involved in a study like this/ or have gone to a therapist to request past lives.

I'm with Jennifer, in a way, I don't understand why most subjects may have endured such intense lives.... (myself included... a criminal perhaps? jumping fences??????) In the same sense, perhaps some people with weird histories ask for weird therapies.... :laugh:

Something to think about, at least.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
It's still rather amazing though, this girl is someone that I didn't think about until I tried regression. I love hypnosis and accessing strange thoughts.

General hypnosis didn't do it for me, neither did neural linguistic programming. I remember when I went to a hypnotherapist back in 06 strangely an old lady put me under hypnosis to place positive scripts into my subconscious. When I was there I was dismissive. Yes aspects maybe created from the subconscious, imagination of the present precept does happen, once you go deeper information changes.

I'm with Jennifer, in a way, I don't understand why most subjects may have endured such intense lives....

Me neither. It is what I am trying to come to terms with myself. I am under the impression we may have chosen the station of birth to experience what we are meant to as intended. And its when we are able to recognise what goes on and when we are ready to move to certain realisation from those who are drawn to and release aspects that are ready to be released. Who knows, it is interesting.

Sanctus Iacobus

MBTI Type
STP
I believe what this is, is what one thinks should ideally occur to one's ideal self, then imagined it was a past life while daydreaming. Very similar occurs when it comes to reincarnation... people imagine what their ideal life could be like, and because of dissatisfaction with the present life, imagine it as an animal or something, roaming free as an eagle, etc. I could be wrong but I never hear people imagining they'll reincarnate as a cockroach or an octopus or something unpleasant to live as. These imaginations/daydreams are always almost positive and end up painting the imagin-ee in an idealized light based on what that person values and reveres in people.

I think modern psychology would call this expressions of the super-ego in a person.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
These imaginations/daydreams are always almost positive and end up painting the imagin-ee in an idealized light based on what that person values and reveres in people. I think modern psychology would call this expressions of the super-ego in a person.

The opposite seems to be true. Psychology is strange, the super-ego is a mind state only, excludes the heart and spirit, its dismissing two thirds of reality.