• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Past Life Regression

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
General hypnosis didn't do it for me, neither did neural linguistic programming. I remember when I went to a hypnotherapist back in 06 strangely an old lady put me under hypnosis to place positive scripts into my subconscious. When I was there I was dismissive. Yes aspects maybe created from the subconscious, imagination of the present precept does happen, once you go deeper information changes.

How did you go deeper? Just practice? (FYI, I don't mind positive scripts going into the unconscious....))

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
This is a good author to look into. My bias here is his research is limited to some 7,000 people. I had a knowing the other day that those energies that presented to him whoever they may be as a cross section of culture went as intended. And his work is real, I am reading his book right now about it and also aspects that feel misrepresented because of his limited range of people.
Oh yes. I have been a Michael Newton fan for some time. Read both Journey of Souls and the 2nd book (which got really wild.. but for me was not *unbelievable*)..I've also read alot of PMH Atwater, Moody, Deepak Chopra, Melvin Morse, etc. I am closely following the Aware project with Sam Parnia and I think they might even have some results out later this year/early next year. This stuff really fascinates me. I love to hear of other people that are into it. :hug:

I have found enough case study, interviews, nde's in highly monitored hospital settings, etc.. that I do not see human death as an end at all. My grandmother was in an accident that left her in a coma for 2 weeks and had a very interesting experience. This is actually what got me to dig in about 10 years ago. Prior to that I identified as an atheist. But I rarely discuss these things wtih people unless they really have an interest and follow it, as I have grown very tired with "skeptical" people that lack any real research into the matter, and use things like orgnanized religion to denounce intelligent design entirely.

Helios

MBTI Type
INTP
Yes I did pay for this, it cost less than 1 psychological or council session and it was 4 hours longer. And No I did not take it seriously when I started this thread I do Today.

:doh:

Neither are bullshit, your perception of them are creating an illusion that is in a sense a 3D hologram and each conclusion you are making, creating is absolutely correct for you. It is intended to be that way.

What on earth are you talking about? Remember that accusations of cognitive bias against your interlocutor are personal attacks and involve begging the question.

What evidence have you that would justify the prima facie absurd assertion that each of us have lived a "past life"? Is your position even clearly describable?

It sounds like science fiction, then again it was said much the same of computers, cars and cloning some 100-200 years ago surely? Its interesting how eastern and western philosophies differ too. Our capacity to comprehension is in a state of rest, its meant to be that way in some ways like any drama.

So I ought to believe something for the very reason that it sounds ridiculous? The bolded sentence is incomprehensible to me.

Huxley3112 reminds me of an enthusiastic creationist-which is no surprise, given that there is a sense of religious desperation about the NDE movement also. The main issue, of course, is not that a small number of people experience strange things when they are "close to death", but that an inference is made that this is irrefutable proof of a "soul" and afterlife, both usually modeled after Christian ambition.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

What on earth are you talking about? Remember that accusations of cognitive bias against your interlocutor are personal attacks and involve begging the question.

What evidence have you that would justify the prima facie absurd assertion that each of us have lived a "past life"? Is your position even clearly describable?

So I ought to believe something for the very reason that it sounds ridiculous? The bolded sentence is incomprehensible to me.

Huxley3112 reminds me of an enthusiastic creationist-which is no surprise, given that there is a sense of religious desperation about the NDE movement also. The main issue, of course, is not that a small number of people experience strange things when they are "close to death", but that an inference is made that this is irrefutable proof of a "soul" and afterlife, both usually modeled after Christian ambition.

Why are you so attacking as if you've been personally assaulted here? I'm not sure how many real life people you've spoken to, but believe it or not, people can spend money on whatever they want to, and believe whatever they want to. The ":doh:" face doesn't change people's minds easily.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx

You so entirely off base, it's rather comical! Can you specify what works of NDE mentioned in *this* thread are modeled after christian ambition? Furthermore, believing in an intelligent design DOES NOT make you a "creationist" as this word has been referred to (for almost a decade now) as indicative of christian fundamentalism. You couldn't be farther from the truth Helios, for I now and always have considered Jesus Christ nothing more than a charismatic man with neat ideas.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I remember watching this a few years ago, found it on YouTube. Enjoy!

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie48ydmvcgI"]CBC Past Life Investigation[/YOUTUBE]

This is one episode from the series, there were 3 or 4 of them total.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram

Why the doh? I see hypnosis and past life regression under the same wing as psychology and counseling, simply different streams. Personally I see a lot of psychology and psychiatry based on pseudo science, it seems the foundation is distorted.

You are meant to come to conclusion with the knowledge you have. I apologies if it seemed a bit scathing. I am not really here to convince you or give you evidence one way or the other. That is your personal reasoning method and experience to deduce. What I wanted to illustrate is that we are more than what we are. Unfortunately religion twists and distorts a great many ideas as does science. Its ridiculously easy to do. I don't really believe in intelligent design. :shrug:

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I have found enough case study, interviews, nde's in highly monitored hospital settings, etc.. that I do not see human death as an end at all. My grandmother was in an accident that left her in a coma for 2 weeks and had a very interesting experience. This is actually what got me to dig in about 10 years ago. Prior to that I identified as an atheist. But I rarely discuss these things wtih people unless they really have an interest and follow it, as I have grown very tired with "skeptical" people that lack any real research into the matter, and use things like orgnanized religion to denounce intelligent design entirely.

Of course its not the end. People seem to misunderstand energy and how our consciousness functions. I am hesitant in accepting intelligent design personally. There are many aspects here that do seem to be partial to the whole. Too much of the information given doesn't sit well with me. Nope what Newton describes is verifiable hardly wild, it is directional which is confusing, almost like premeditated. I like the Monroe Institute more. Having said that we are spiritual beings experiencing a physical state. I like the idea that we are immortal beings taking a vacation in the physical.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Its strange to me that we have been switched off from ourselves in such a way that we are conditioned in a linear pattern of thinking almost like a simple frequency. Unable to tune into any other for such a long time and bang it starts getting a bit weird and wild for many people. I do wonder for it is in the dna sequencing that this seems to be most curious, and when you consider that the rest of dna is thought of as junk dna with only the double helix having any crucial role it does astonish me. And hardly surprises me that it is becoming more accepted initially what was once considered as of junk dna is becoming more plausible as language and communication centers of who we are.

http://www.psrast.org/junkdna.htm

"It appears that the languages we were looking for, are, in fact, hidden in the 98%, "junk" DNA contained in our own genetic apparatus [4]. The basic principle of these languages is similar to the language of holographic images [5] based on principles of laser radiations of the genetic structures [6] which operate together as a quasi-intelligent system, as in [3] It particularly important to realize that our genetic devices actually perform real processes which supplement the triplet model of the genetic code."

Metaphysicians tell us that an individual's DNA composition approximates one's consciousness, and vice versa: One's consciousness determines one's DNA structure. Attack one, you attack the other. Improve one and you improve the other.

Mainstream Doctors Fritz-Albert Popp and Bruce Lipton both tell us that our DNA appears to be the vital link between our physicality and spirituality. Dr. Popp, founder of the International Institute of Biophysics, at Neuss, Germany, and Dr. Lipton, of the University of Wisconsin, both confirm that modern science now realizes and recognizes that our DNA structures directly reflect our consciousness, making it possible for us to willfully activate what science formerly called "junk" DNA, by increasing our individual consciousnesses.

By activating dormant DNA, one would likely be able to perceive life beyond their five physical senses of sight, hearing, taste, touch, and smell; and one's world of spiritual intuition, discernment, judgement, and wisdom begin to develop.

Fear blocks any possible expansion of consciousness. Which is interesting to note there seems to be a preoccupation with fear and negative imagery in religion, in the media, in politics, even in science of the unknown. Even death seems to be feared, like its the end of our worlds, our lives, it is a relocation of energy only. The personality may change, the reality becomes different, spirit is timeless. And this eternal consciousness happens to be us.

Which does make me wonder about many things. Speculation is good I suppose.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Intelligent design is the proposition that "certain features of the universe and of living things are best explained by an intelligent cause, not an undirected process such as natural selection". If you believe that existance is anything more than a complete fluke, I think you are getting into some type of intelligent design. I personally believe that the meaning of life is to increase conscious awareness.

“the intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.”- Albert Einstein

I think the mind has different levels of consciousness. First the conscious, behind that the subconscious, behind that the unconscious. THe unconscious is who you really are, beyond your thinking mind and body. Behind the unconscious is the collective unconscious- which is in the least.. the whole of humanitys evolution until now.

Helios

MBTI Type
INTP
You so entirely off base, it's rather comical! Can you specify what works of NDE mentioned in *this* thread are modeled after christian ambition? Furthermore, believing in an intelligent design DOES NOT make you a "creationist" as this word has been referred to (for almost a decade now) as indicative of christian fundamentalism. You couldn't be farther from the truth Helios, for I now and always have considered Jesus Christ nothing more than a charismatic man with neat ideas.

I'm talking about NDE's generally, not any directly related to this thread.

I didn't say or suggest that creationism and intelligent design are synonymous, though they likely are anyway.

I'm far from the truth because I don't subscribe to your chosen brand of nonsense?

Why are you so attacking as if you've been personally assaulted here?

I don't agree that I'm being "attacking". This is called being critical. As hard as it may be for you to believe, you can disagree with people-and you don't even have to be apologetically deferent when you do!

I'm not sure how many real life people you've spoken to, but believe it or not, people can spend money on whatever they want to, and believe whatever they want to. The ":doh:" face doesn't change people's minds easily.

I didn't say that people can't spend their money on this stuff.

I didn't say that people can't believe in it, either.

I didn't say or suggest that I was trying to change anyone's mind. Do you really think I care what a stranger across the internet believes?