User Tag List

123 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Talking A challenge to all you Ns out there!

stealing the idea from Satine here, though I've thought that it would be a good idea for a while...

A lot of the intuitives here talk about how detached from the world around them they are... how they don't really notice the way that the grass feels in their toes, the way that the wind feels in their hair... how delicious the neighbor's barbecue smells

I want to challenge you to describe something... ANYTHING, in sensory detail- use your Sensing skills to really ENJOY something and then describe it- get in touch with your Sensing side- just a test drive

I'm really curious as to how well you'll do or if you'll just roll your eyes at this because it's too plebian for your tastes
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

my sensory detail stuff basically reads like poetry. Lots of analogies and metaphors.
    "People often say that this or that person has not yet found himself. But the self is not something one finds; it is something one creates." - Thomas Szasz

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

There is no time to intuit when I am riding my bike.. I take in everything.. I feel each little bump. I hear the sound of my tires, colors seem brighter.
    I start to feel and hear my own pulse.. my senses come alive.
    Oh this can happen during sex as well.. Sex is no time to be abstract.. It's all about using your senses , enjoying what you feel and also in reading your partner.
    Or the ocean.. God!! smelling the salt in the air.. tasting it on your lips.. the hot sand on your bare feet

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

you know how to use your Se!!!

and post it durentu!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

it's like the essence that is me is attached by some tether and i have to intentionally yank it to bring it back into my body and experience things through it...but i do it often while out in nature...focusing on the sounds seems to quiet the buzzing inside my hornets nest of a mind...it's like meditation in a sense...i pay attention to the trees and the breeze...the reflection on the lake...and my mind calms. it's nice.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Music is where I find the greatest bliss in Sensing; those little melodic tunes of serene bliss. (I guess it's soft-music). That intricacy and complexity of progression is, even in the tiniest portion, still so direly significant to the maximization of effects. The starts and ends of these inputs and they're overall pushy drive must be wholesomely consumed---each and every "twinkle", each beat and each "sparkle". It's simple with one sound and the connection...and the mood! Haha, it seems more F than S to me.

You listen to this, and you hear "meaning". Is that an "N" thing? It's no longer the action of listening, it's feeling an amorphous, dark, giant, earthy hand slowly but imminently pulling you towards a more hopeful world. And with the opposing pressure of crusty friction of your wretched physical skin and that "brusque" ground, you are taken away. You arrive but as an arriviste amidst the irrelevant hubbub, usually found in those fictional settings. That was the song, an instrumental one but that only allowed more relativity to intrepertations of perceptions

It became a story for some reason but an interesting interesting "flowy" experience.

What is, is. Arthur Schopenhauer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Music.
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

This will not end well...
    But it will at least be poetic, I suppose...

Hmm... But what if it does end well?
    Then I suppose it will be a different sort of poetry, a preferable sort...
    A sort I could become accustomed to...

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

I'm sorry, but even when I hear sound or when I observe the show of life just in front on me, I always discern patterns, I always imagine stories. This is my way of perceiving the world.
    Wherever I see a plane crossing the skies of Paris, I do not see the trail of air cutting through the firmament, I see Brazil, other continents, other friends.

I do not see the forms, the texture or the colour of the leaves, I do not see the silhouette, the shadow or the shape of the tree that bears the leaves, I see how it grows, how its buds turn into flowers and new branches, how I can synthetically characterize the specie and recognize it later.

I'm not prejudiced against Sensors -I should not, since this is a sensory world-, it just sounds so alien to me. I've never figured what Si is really about, for instance. I'm too distraught, too busy figuring how things work, how they form and re-form, and matter and give birth to other forms, other sensations, other patterns. It's an endless cycle, for me it's called curiosity, brain activity or life if you prefer. There's no sensation alone, no single musical note is worth anything without the melody that haunts my ears, it's always a twirling body of informations of patterns, and patterns make true beauty and transcendence.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ENFJ

I would not consider myself detached, so no, I'm not up to your challenge.

I've been enjoying the swish of my skirt's two layers against my knees all day, cringing at the clack of the sewn-in beads at the bottom against anything I brush against. Though it's very lovely, it's a very distracting skirt, I'd say, and because I find it so I cannot consider myself detached.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4/9

I personally love to sense just about everything in nature. I like the feeling of my bare feet in grass, mud, sand, anything that isn't painful. I love to hear and watch birds fly and land in trees, and little creatures like chipmunks and squirrels scamper and fight with each other. On a hot, humid day I love the way that a breeze comes through unexpectedly, or rain starts to fall without warning.