• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

A challenge to all you Ns out there!

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
stealing the idea from Satine here, though I've thought that it would be a good idea for a while...

A lot of the intuitives here talk about how detached from the world around them they are... how they don't really notice the way that the grass feels in their toes, the way that the wind feels in their hair... how delicious the neighbor's barbecue smells :drool:

I want to challenge you to describe something... ANYTHING, in sensory detail- use your Sensing skills to really ENJOY something and then describe it- get in touch with your Sensing side- just a test drive :)

I'm really curious as to how well you'll do or if you'll just roll your eyes at this because it's too plebian for your tastes :devil:

durentu

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
my sensory detail stuff basically reads like poetry. Lots of analogies and metaphors.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
There is no time to intuit when I am riding my bike.. I take in everything.. I feel each little bump. I hear the sound of my tires, colors seem brighter.
I start to feel and hear my own pulse.. my senses come alive.
Oh this can happen during sex as well.. Sex is no time to be abstract.. It's all about using your senses , enjoying what you feel and also in reading your partner.
Or the ocean.. God!! smelling the salt in the air.. tasting it on your lips.. the hot sand on your bare feet

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
it's like the essence that is me is attached by some tether and i have to intentionally yank it to bring it back into my body and experience things through it...but i do it often while out in nature...focusing on the sounds seems to quiet the buzzing inside my hornets nest of a mind...it's like meditation in a sense...i pay attention to the trees and the breeze...the reflection on the lake...and my mind calms. it's nice. :)

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Music is where I find the greatest bliss in Sensing; those little melodic tunes of serene bliss. (I guess it's soft-music). That intricacy and complexity of progression is, even in the tiniest portion, still so direly significant to the maximization of effects. The starts and ends of these inputs and they're overall pushy drive must be wholesomely consumed---each and every "twinkle", each beat and each "sparkle". It's simple with one sound and the connection...and the mood! Haha, it seems more F than S to me.

You listen to this, and you hear "meaning". Is that an "N" thing? It's no longer the action of listening, it's feeling an amorphous, dark, giant, earthy hand slowly but imminently pulling you towards a more hopeful world. And with the opposing pressure of crusty friction of your wretched physical skin and that "brusque" ground, you are taken away. You arrive but as an arriviste amidst the irrelevant hubbub, usually found in those fictional settings. That was the song, an instrumental one but that only allowed more relativity to intrepertations of perceptions

It became a story for some reason but an interesting interesting "flowy" experience.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I'm sorry, but even when I hear sound or when I observe the show of life just in front on me, I always discern patterns, I always imagine stories. This is my way of perceiving the world.
Wherever I see a plane crossing the skies of Paris, I do not see the trail of air cutting through the firmament, I see Brazil, other continents, other friends.

I do not see the forms, the texture or the colour of the leaves, I do not see the silhouette, the shadow or the shape of the tree that bears the leaves, I see how it grows, how its buds turn into flowers and new branches, how I can synthetically characterize the specie and recognize it later.

I'm not prejudiced against Sensors -I should not, since this is a sensory world-, it just sounds so alien to me. I've never figured what Si is really about, for instance. I'm too distraught, too busy figuring how things work, how they form and re-form, and matter and give birth to other forms, other sensations, other patterns. It's an endless cycle, for me it's called curiosity, brain activity or life if you prefer. There's no sensation alone, no single musical note is worth anything without the melody that haunts my ears, it's always a twirling body of informations of patterns, and patterns make true beauty and transcendence.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I would not consider myself detached, so no, I'm not up to your challenge.

I've been enjoying the swish of my skirt's two layers against my knees all day, cringing at the clack of the sewn-in beads at the bottom against anything I brush against. Though it's very lovely, it's a very distracting skirt, I'd say, and because I find it so I cannot consider myself detached.

chooi

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4/9
I personally love to sense just about everything in nature. I like the feeling of my bare feet in grass, mud, sand, anything that isn't painful. I love to hear and watch birds fly and land in trees, and little creatures like chipmunks and squirrels scamper and fight with each other. On a hot, humid day I love the way that a breeze comes through unexpectedly, or rain starts to fall without warning.

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
stealing the idea from Satine here, though I've thought that it would be a good idea for a while...

A lot of the intuitives here talk about how detached from the world around them they are... how they don't really notice the way that the grass feels in their toes, the way that the wind feels in their hair... how delicious the neighbor's barbecue smells :drool:

I want to challenge you to describe something... ANYTHING, in sensory detail- use your Sensing skills to really ENJOY something and then describe it- get in touch with your Sensing side- just a test drive :)

I'm really curious as to how well you'll do or if you'll just roll your eyes at this because it's too plebian for your tastes :devil:

I would gladly do so, but alas, I am but a brain in a jar, and possess no sensory input nodes with which to experience such.

That being said, yeu don't honestly want me to do this. I'm half asleep right now, but if I can be bothered to later, I will go into page after page of detail describing something ridiculously mundane, like opening a door. I've done it before, simply because I could. Don't tempt me to do it again XD

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
*tempts... with cookies*

:devil:

this seems kind of odd to me because I'm comfortable using intuition... :thinking:

Mole

Permabanned
my sensory detail stuff basically reads like poetry.

Poetry does make use of sense impressions, but in a peculiar way.

You might say sense impressions are the very stuff of poetry, but they lift off, they take flight, into relationship with one another.

Poems are quite like people. They start off with the senses and end in a relationship, giving birth to other poems.

Bri

MBTI Type
INTJ
I love biting into a piece of fresh, ripe fruit. Something juicy, like a peach that dribbles nectar down my arm and makes me sticky. The pulpy flesh gets stuck between my front teeth and I can't help but move my tongue over and around them, trying to release the fibers. <3

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
*tempts with snails*

:cheese:

If you add some cheese (preferably an Epoisses) and a Burgundy wine (preferably a Côtes de Beaune), then I might be tempted.

But once again, it's the combination of the three that matters, and in different orders..

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
If you had cheese (preferably Epoisse) and a Burgundy wine (preferably a Côtes de Beaune), then I might be tempted.

But once again, it's the combination of the three that matters, and in different orders..

Picky picky!

I only respond to one thing -- green :D

valentine

MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm pretty abismal at things like this ><. I've walked face first into a wall because I was thinking of something else on more than one occasion. Whenever I do notice something my mind spirals out of control relating whatever I saw to something else.