• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Death and the Forfeit of Reason

Mole

Permabanned
Two Trainee Nuns

I was talking to two trainee catholic nuns last night. It was in Garema Place, Canberra on an Autumn evening with just a touch of chill in the air.

It was an animated conversation that went for about forty minutes and led to me missing my movie.

After a while it became plain to me that they were living in a bubble and didn't read the newspapers or use the internet. And in fact I told them they were brain washed.

And looking across the square I could see who had brain washed them, for the priest in charge of their order is a skilled hypnotist, and my trainee nuns shows every sign of being hypnotised.

I tried to wake them up by taking about what was happening in Canberra around them, and what was happening in the catholic church and the world, but to no avail. They remained firmly asleep in their dream of love, for their order is called, "The Missionaries of Divine Love".

I told them they were like young poets who want their poetry to come true, particularly their love poetry, but old poets, like W.H.Auden, tell us poetry does nothing.

But then they tried to hypnotise me, as they had been trained to do, by telling me tales of love. But I told them we were enemies and I would do everything I could to expose them. But not even this shock could wake them up.

But it was all very familiar and reminded me of trying to wake you up from the trance of MBTI, with exactly the same result.

Lark

I was talking to two trainee catholic nuns last night. It was in Garema Place, Canberra on an Autumn evening with just a touch of chill in the air.

It was an animated conversation that went for about forty minutes and led to me missing my movie.

After a while it became plain to me that they were living in a bubble and didn't read the newspapers or use the internet. And in fact I told them they were brain washed.

And looking across the square I could see who had brain washed them, for the priest in charge of their order is a skilled hypnotist, and my trainee nuns shows every sign of being hypnotised.

I tried to wake them up by taking about what was happening in Canberra around them, and what was happening in the catholic church and the world, but to no avail. They remained firmly asleep in their dream of love, for their order is called, "The Missionaries of Divine Love".

I told them they were like young poets who want their poetry to come true, particularly their love poetry, but old poets, like W.H.Auden, tell us poetry does nothing.

But then they tried to hypnotise me, as they had been trained to do, by telling me tales of love. But I told them we were enemies and I would do everything I could to expose them. But not even this shock could wake them up.

But it was all very familiar and reminded me of trying to wake you up from the trance of MBTI, with exactly the same result.

I wonder what they thought about you Victor.

Mole

Permabanned
Divine Love

I wonder what they thought about you Victor.

Good question.

This is an evangelical group preaching at the top of their voices in the middle of Canberra on a quiet Autumn evening.

No one would interfere with them but on the other hand, no one would take any notice of them, except for Victor.

He stopped and started to talk to them. He was probably the only person to talk to them the entire evening. Everyone else recognised them for the loonies they are, except Victor. He recognised they were in the grip of a religious trance which they wanted everyone else to share. But no one would. They were just politely ignored, except for Victor.

So they fell on me like wolves on a lamb and tried for forty minutes to induct me into their religious trance.

And while they were trying to induct me into their trance, I was trying to wake them up.

They experienced this as cognitive dissonance and felt emotional pain.

But rather than being able to express their pain, they projected it onto me and told me they were sorry I had been hurt.

So what did they think of me? They thought I was a hurt and damaged person they could heal with divine love.

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
Good question.

This is an evangelical group preaching at the top of their voices in the middle of Canberra on a quiet Autumn evening.

No one would interfere with them but on the other hand, no one would take any notice of them, except for Victor.

He stopped and started to talk to them. He was probably the only person to talk to them the entire evening. Everyone else recognised them for the loonies they are, except Victor. He recognised they were in the grip of a religious trance which they wanted everyone else to share. But no one would. They were just politely ignored, except for Victor.

So they fell on me like wolves on a lamb and tried for forty minutes to induct me into their religious trance.

And while they were trying to induct me into their trance, I was trying to wake them up.

They experienced this as cognitive dissonance, and felt emotional pain.

But rather than being able to express their pain, they projected it onto me and told me they were sorry I had been hurt.

So what did they think of me? They thought I was a hurt and damaged person they could heal with divine love.

At least you all had each other's best interests at heart. It's a good thing to see that people care.

Mole

Permabanned
At least you all had each other's best interests at heart. It's a good thing to see that people care.

In my last desperate attempt to wake them up after forty minutes, I told them we were enemies and I would do everything I could to expose them, but I relied upon them to love their enemies.

In the wash up it was a lovely Autumn evening and I had an interesting conversation with two lovely young women who were highly motivated by divine love.

Lark

Good question.

They experienced this as cognitive dissonance and felt emotional pain.

I think you are beyond healing.