• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Patriarchy and Matriarchy

KDude

AFAIK, every individual has their strengths and weaknesses.. everyone's got a role to play and make up for the other. As for gender's having anything to do with it, I highly doubt it. Not unless they wanted to be that way, I guess. And there are some women who are fine dealing with "salesman" or something.. Some may grow up in a haggling culture and be pretty good at it. Or their personality may be one that deals with leverage all the time.. like they're in sales or own a business themselves.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I live in a household which is ALL salespeople! :holy: Either of us is perfectly competent in dealing with a salesperson... usually by feeding them the lines that they're going to say next and then informing them that we're onto their game :rolleyes:

My parents had a pretty even split on who was in charge of things... both are introverts and when forced to deal with pushy people they tag team them :laugh: My mom is the one who works outside the house, so my dad does the cooking, but they both do the cleaning together... that's pretty much how my house is run now :)

I think that a lot of laws are still archaic on the topic, but I think that society is working its way towards a lot more equality :yes:

Frank

I live in a household which is ALL salespeople! :holy: Either of us is perfectly competent in dealing with a salesperson... usually by feeding them the lines that they're going to say next and then informing them that we're onto their game :rolleyes:

My parents had a pretty even split on who was in charge of things... both are introverts and when forced to deal with pushy people they tag team them :laugh: My mom is the one who works outside the house, so my dad does the cooking, but they both do the cleaning together... that's pretty much how my house is run now :)

I think that a lot of laws are still archaic on the topic, but I think that society is working its way towards a lot more equality :yes:

What would be some good literature on that "game"?
Sales advice from an estp could possibly fall in the "sage" category.