• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's your heaven like?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
if you believe in heaven how do you see it?

if you could create your own how would it be?

and...what about hell? what's hell to you?

veins

I see everyone falling out of existence.

If I can, Heaven and Hell will continue as it is, alternating between the good times and the bad times, with Purgatory thrown in somewhere the middle. There's nothing separating them as levels or anything, where only "good" people go to Heaven and "bad" people go to Hell; they're more of phases and every individual enter into their own phases of Heaven, Hell, and Purgatory. That said, there's a sense of continuity, in that no one can really hold fast onto their own places without expending some amount of effort or energy.

surgery

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Four
I'm not sure where I stand religiously, but I've played with the idea of the after-life.

I imagine that Heaven would be a place where one essentially looses the body, but is left with a conscious mind that understands that it once had a physical form and perceives a world outside of the mind, but one that is relation to it.

One would primarily experience Heaven as darkness, like sleep. You have no real sense of time passing, until one "awakens" into brief periods of consciousness. This would be similar to the way you may suddenly wake up in the middle of the night, roll over and fall back asleep a second later.

These periods would occur would happen randomly and smoothly. During these moments of consciousness, one would feel a constant stream of positive sensations that one felt while alive. Where one's eyes had once been, one would feel the same tingling sensation as when your eyes start to fill with tears of joy. One would have no heart, but you would experience the excitement of racing palpations during a first kiss. Where the fingers once where, one feels that he or she is extending for the grasp of a loved one, but nothing physical is actually there. It's just spiritual, or whatever.

In the mind, it's understood that one once had a life. All memories are there, but they are reviewed passively and with a feeling of total acceptance. For example, if one was murdered to death, one would understand that intellectually. One knows all the details of one's death. In fact, one would know virtually everything about anything instantaneously that appears in one's memory (which is everything that one had ever experienced) and more, but one accepts it all peacefully. At the same time, there is a sense of (a) god/goddesse(s), or some manifestation of perfection. Much the way the planets orbit the sun, one is oriented towards it, yet it's presence is all around and effects everything. All sensation and knowledge is appreciated, but not longed for.

The whole experience makes the "soul" feel eternally blissful, harmonious, secure, loved and loving.

Arthur Schopenhauer

What is, is.
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I think my heaven would be a place where each individual could be their own god. In essence, they can create their own heaven, as they see fit, so long they lie within the limits of my own unlimited heaven. Also, they can't interfere with other peoples heavens. (I'm sure I would enforce other rules but I can't think of anymore at the moment)

As for me, I think I would like my own heaven to be some sort of, possibly eternal, paradise. Although, I can't imagine what a true 'paradise' would be. I would probably have to think for a very long time about that one.

I'd probably get bored with being omnipotent and fade into nothingness.

yvonne

A passer by
MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
that was an interesting read surgery.

i don't actually believe in heaven and hell. well, i do think they exist on earth. we all go through our own heaven and hell in our lives...

i don't know what i think about the afterlife. i have wondered, maybe it could be a bit like buddhism teaches... but instead of "nothingness" as nirvana, maybe it could be something else. maybe nirvana could be the completion of your soul... perfection, unification with love/ God.

or maybe it could be another level of existence where we could be more creative, or something? more aware? better beings?

Beorn

Permabanned
I believe that a new earth will be made. It will be in a sense a return to the garden of eden. Everything will be perfect including our bodies, and yet there will still be work to do. However, it will not be toilsome work it will be soul fulfilling work that is enjoyable on every level. I believe there will be feasting and celebration, and yet it will be impossible for any celebration to be too extravagant because it will always be done for the glory of God. I also believe there will be times of solitude and peace. In this way humanity will continue into eternity. Always learning, building, and creating more without pain or suffering.

edit: I mean can you imagine what beer, wine or scotch could taste like after people have been perfecting them for thousands of years or how more and more beautiful music will become.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Heaven and hell are on earth. Nothing could beat the ecstasy I've already known, nor the pain. There is no afterlife.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
mental peace and quiet... perfect :heart:

and who needs hell when people are signifigantly more inventive and able to torture themselves and others than any celestial entity could be? :thinking:

gromit

likes this
There isn't really any way of verifying whether there's an afterlife, so everything is pretty much speculation. However we each perceive the afterlife reflects our own understanding of reality and our values.

I can't really imagine not existing in some form, but just because I can't imagine it doesn't mean that it's impossible.

Heaven and hell are on earth. Nothing could beat the ecstasy I've already known, nor the pain. There is no afterlife.

I always think that, but then I somehow seem to stumble upon something MORE painful, MORE breathtakingly beautiful...

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
There isn't really any way of verifying whether there's an afterlife, so everything is pretty much speculation. However we each perceive the afterlife reflects our own understanding of reality and our values.

I can't really imagine not existing in some form, but just because I can't imagine it doesn't mean that it's impossible.

I always think that, but then I somehow seem to stumble upon something MORE painful, MORE breathtakingly beautiful...

But chemically speaking, you can only be so delighted or depressed. Considering the drugs I've taken and the love I've been in (and the depression that can come with both), it's just not possible.

:laugh:

But to philosophise like a true idealist, I agree. The novelty will make it feel like the highest or the lowest.. but it's not.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
There is only one kind of heaven that is applicable. the kind of love you feel when inside a womb, the kind of love you feel when your born, the kind of love you feel when your in love. the kind of, well that's heaven on earth, when love exists.

This calls for a Belinda Carlisle song

[youtube="VQahvFdQVu8"]Heaven is a Place on Earth[/youtube]

gromit

likes this
There is only one kind of heaven that is applicable. the kind of love you feel when inside a womb, the kind of love you feel when your born, the kind of love you feel when your in love. the kind of, well that's heaven on earth, when love exists.

This calls for a Belinda Carlisle song

[youtube="VQahvFdQVu8"]Heaven is a Place on Earth[/youtube]

YESSSSSSSSs... I love this song and I love the creepy children with the globes in the video.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I have no idea what afterlife will be like. I can only make up things and believe in the things that seem the most logical to me. This is what I believe:

I believe afterlife is just like this life. When you die, everything starts all over again and you've forgotten everything that already happened. The whole world is the same, all the people are the same, everything that happened in your life, happens again. Good people will not be rewarded and bad people will not be punished. That's why I try to have as much fun as possible. Afterlife will be just like this life. It's useless to suffer now so your afterlife will be better, because if you suffer rightnow, you'll suffer over and over and over again. Everything will repeat itself, the good stuff and the bad stuff.

sculpting

I dont believe in an after life. BUT hell would be a place where nothing ever changes. Where learning and growth stagnate. That would be hell.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What's wrong with just being dead?

P

Phantonym

Religion has been virtually nonexistent in my life. I prefer to wait and see what happens when I pass on. But I'd love for there to be an afterlife and that's what I've always imagined as "heaven" without any kind of religious overtones.

It's quite difficult to go into details about how "heaven" would look like in detail, for me it's more of a feeling.

I'd love to be able to experience something similar to physical sensation even if being in "heaven" would mean being without a body. What I would like heaven to be a realm filled with a lot of warmth and light and nothing else is needed either way. I don't mean only the physical sensation but this encompassing feeling of protection, security; a worry-free "existence". Positive, devoid of any doubts concerning anything. I'd love to be able to access any kind of information on everything. There are no gaps to fill because absolutely everything is known. There's complete freedom to do and be whatever you like.

And it doesn't necessarily involve other people. Wherever others may be, I'd like my "space" to be mine alone.

Hell would be if I was forced to relive past mistakes over and over again without being able to get any kind of closure and an opportunity to move on. The environment of hell - if nothing could be depicted, then that would be it. That's how I've always thought hell would feel like.

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
According to the bible there's a grand feast, those closest to god sit closer up the table towards him, everyone else farther down the table. Afterwards, there will be no need to eat/sleep/do anything else ever again.

For the rest of eternity, yeu will praise god. Nothing else. Yeu will praise him 24/7 for eternity, going on about how great and awesome he is, never having doubt or fears or concerns, just a nice mindless little robot.

Personally, that is my version of hell.

For my version of heaven, it's something I've known for awhile and have seen glimpses of occasionally, each time a little more detail comes to light but I don't have the full picture yet. Since I posted it elsewhere Imma just copy and paste it over.

I'm leaping across large stones floating in space, there's like galaxies, stars, etc all around. These stones are like large floating platforms with a minor sway when landed upon, so not totally 100% secure. There's a large number of them out there anyways.

I am in the shape/form of some creature, it's nothing quite on earth but it does have four legs and vaguely resembles somewheres in between a fox/cat/wolf somewheres around there; I don't have any features, fur, etc, but seem to be made of a blue-white energy that traces the outlines instead. Definately mammilian looking but not natural by any means.

There is no conscious thought in the manner we associate with thought; no reasoning, no memories, no rationalization. It's pure absolute conscious stream of thought with no limitations nor restrictions. There's no emotions, no memories, nothing to taint it. Just freely roaming mind with nothing to distract me. There is, however, a mild form of contentment; not strong pleasure, not even quite happy, just... content.

There is another with me, of the same type of species of whotever it is I am, we are leaping across different trails of the floating stones nearby each other, but not quite in reach. It looks like later on it may be possible to reach them but not yet. There's alot more leaps in the way, many more platforms to jump to still.

I notice as I look around, that the stones are in fact orbiting a city of brass which is floating upon a single particularly large stone. I don't know if anyone is in the city, but I do know for some reason I either do not want to be there, or am not allowed there. I do not attempt to go there in any case, nor am I aware of any path on the stones that would bring me close enough to reach it. I'm not entirely certain if I'm forbidden, banned, or whot, but I can't go there, nor do I particularly want to for some reason.

^ This is my heaven, free of the taint of memories, of physical constraints, free to think with pure conscious thought, to explore, to revel in beauty and awe without distraction of mortal needs such as fear, hunger, sleep. To be at peace in an existence beyond whot this world can provide.

Now we just need to wait and see; when I die, I'll know the truth.