• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's your heaven like?

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Heaven is sex with Summer Glau.

sculpting

I'm leaping across large stones floating in space, there's like galaxies, stars, etc all around. These stones are like large floating platforms with a minor sway when landed upon, so not totally 100% secure. There's a large number of them out there anyways.

I am in the shape/form of some creature, it's nothing quite on earth but it does have four legs and vaguely resembles somewheres in between a fox/cat/wolf somewheres around there; I don't have any features, fur, etc, but seem to be made of a blue-white energy that traces the outlines instead. Definately mammilian looking but not natural by any means.

There is no conscious thought in the manner we associate with thought; no reasoning, no memories, no rationalization. It's pure absolute conscious stream of thought with no limitations nor restrictions. There's no emotions, no memories, nothing to taint it. Just freely roaming mind with nothing to distract me. There is, however, a mild form of contentment; not strong pleasure, not even quite happy, just... content.

There is another with me, of the same type of species of whotever it is I am, we are leaping across different trails of the floating stones nearby each other, but not quite in reach. It looks like later on it may be possible to reach them but not yet. There's alot more leaps in the way, many more platforms to jump to still.

I notice as I look around, that the stones are in fact orbiting a city of brass which is floating upon a single particularly large stone. I don't know if anyone is in the city, but I do know for some reason I either do not want to be there, or am not allowed there. I do not attempt to go there in any case, nor am I aware of any path on the stones that would bring me close enough to reach it. I'm not entirely certain if I'm forbidden, banned, or whot, but I can't go there, nor do I particularly want to for some reason.

^ This is my heaven, free of the taint of memories, of physical constraints, free to think with pure conscious thought, to explore, to revel in beauty and awe without distraction of mortal needs such as fear, hunger, sleep. To be at peace in an existence beyond whot this world can provide.

Now we just need to wait and see; when I die, I'll know the truth.

Ah, that is beautiful katsuni. It reminds me of how I think of pure Ne-as me being a wave of light that leaps from through space with no constraints and I become one with everything, all possibilities. I vote for your heaven!

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd like think as heaven being a place where you get second chances (current thought), other wise I've never really thought about it oddly, other than hoping it's like being in the arms of a loved one, after you've had mind blowing sex, and you are having cuddles and pillow talk after.
Hell, some times I think I'm in it already....that's kinda bleak, but seriously I don't think I could punish myself any more than I do in this lifetime.

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
Ah, that is beautiful katsuni. It reminds me of how I think of pure Ne-as me being a wave of light that leaps from through space with no constraints and I become one with everything, all possibilities. I vote for your heaven!

Thanks, and it's really odd, been getting glimpses of it in dreams and such over the years, gradually revealing a little more each time; that's as far as I've gotten though.

Not sure if it's heaven or purgatory, it's hard to say given the conditions. For all I know the city of brass is heaven itself, but I'm not really sure. I don't think I'd really enjoy it in the city though, the freedom of the leaping stones is <3 though.

And yeah, that "pure Ne" is a good description for it really XD

Regardless, i guess we'll find out when I die ^^

Mole

Permabanned
Servile

We understand something by its opposite. Existentialists understand being by non-being. We understand male by female. And we understand peace by war.

And so we understand heaven by hell.

Satan is our man in hell and he tells us he would rather rule in hell than serve in heaven. And that his motto is non serviam.

So we can reasonably conclude that heaven is the opposite.

In heaven the motto is serviam (I will serve). Rather than the declaration of independence Satan makes in hell, in heaven we are all servile.

In heaven we all practise MBTI everyday, while in hell we are condemned to spontaneity.

Heaven is made for the authoritarian personality, while hell is for the creative personality. But if the truth be told, hell is also for the chaotic personality.

And if we look to the future, we find they are building a special place in hell for celebrities - those who are famous simply for being.

In fact simply being is regarded as the biggest sin by the authoritarian personalities, because those who simply be won't justify their existence by servility. And we can't have that, say the servile.

So heaven is for the servile, while hell is for the creative, the empathic, and admittedly for the chaotic, but most of all for pure beings.

Frank

Mine would include

-Endless mountains, forests and oceans to explore.
-Science and learning on a whole new level
-The application of knowledge would still be beneficial. Not one of those heavens where everybody floats around on clouds doing jack-shit.
-Friends and Family
-An endless supply of women for my wife and my twelve inch, ridiculously thick penis to share. :cheese:
-books

Lark

Who knew there was so much arguing in heaven?

I imagine heaven as actually permitting that, Socrates, Aristotle and co. are giving Rand, Hayek and Mise the total smack down before the elevator to hell comes to take them home from their time outs.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
if you could create your own how would it be?

If I could create my own heaven ... uhm ... I think 'living' is the greatest gift of all and nothing can top actually living. I don't want a heaven, I want reincarnation by choice. Your spirit flies up there somewhere and you are asked if you want another life, and if you do, your spirit goes to another fetus. If you don't, then you are nothing. Your body becomes food for trees and animals. Your spirit is uhm ... would anyone want to be floating about not doing anything? I guess if you want ... I personally don't find anything appealing about floating about, even with close friends or what not, what can you talk about? You don't live, you don't feel, there is no future, you are just uhm floating around. I don't understand the point/pleasure of that.

and...what about hell? what's hell to you?

Hell's a cruel, idiotic concept. Why would anyone want to let anyone suffer for an eternity? Even if it's Hitler. That would make the creators of hell no different than Hitler. I wouldn't create a hell for anyone. Not even if you were one of those people in Rwanda machete-ing people to death. You don't deserve to live in freedom (not sure how I feel about the death penalty), you don't deserve the life that humanity have built, but causing pain forever is a bit much and completely hypocritical. *shakes head* If you need to convince people to do the right thing because of fears of 'hell', then you are missing the whole point of being good and doing good.

KDude

I don't know.. if not hell, then I don't want some people to be anything/anywhere after they're gone... They certainly don't deserve a second "chance" at least. Some behavior is not worthy of a good or even mediocre afterlife. I could show you videos of gunned down kids in burma, child prostitutes, or racoons crying for their lives while they're being skinned alive. Baby pigs being hit with electric rods, and then their heads crushed from a boot on the head. I mean whatever.. there's just so much shit that could anger us - and a lot of it goes unpunished in this life. I have no great love for humanity in the sense that I'd extend it to the people who do this stuff too. They deserve either hell or nothing.

Mole

Permabanned
Heaven is a map of what we lack.

Heaven is about that which we cannot speak.

Heaven is about what we cannot speak to power.

Heaven is the heart of a heartless world.

Heaven is about our inarticulate longings. Heaven is about what we long for but cannot say.

And we cannot say because our longings are too embarrassing. Our longings are too dangerous to speak because they are a threat to power.

And power of course makes us ashamed of our longings.

And power is powerful and we are ashamed.

But power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely, corrupting us to shame.

Daedalus

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
if you believe in heaven how do you see it?

if you could create your own how would it be?

and...what about hell? what's hell to you?

I do not think hell and heaven exist as physical places. At most, they exist within our minds. We make our own hells and heavens.

something similar to what Joseph Campbell speaks about. The journey is inward, not outwards

"Furthermore, we have not even to risk the adventure alone; for the heroes of all time have one before us, the labyrinth is fully known; we have only to follow the thread of the hero-path. And where we had thought to find an abomination, we shall find a god; where we had thought to slay another, we shall slay ourselves; where we had thought to travel outward, we shall come to the center of our own existence; where we had thought to be alone, we shall be with all the world."
— Joseph Campbell (The Hero with a Thousand Faces)

Now, in answer to the hypothetical question of making our own heaven or hell physically... hmnn

In my heaven I will have only one rule.That no one should "worship" me. Furthermore, i will set up an impartial system of law...(no favoritism...regardless of how "devout" a person is...or how much he/she repents). other than that, everyone is free to do as they like, as long as they do not intrude upon the freedoms of others. :)

there is an interesting comic book with a situation similar to this..where the creator says, you can enjoy this paradise as long as you do not worship me, because the moment you worship me(or someone/something else) you will lose your immortality :D

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I prefer to wait and see what happens when I pass on. But I'd love for there to be an afterlife and that's what I've always imagined as "heaven" without any kind of religious overtones. QUOTE]

same here...

as for heaven, it would have all the sensual pleasures of a hemingway novel minus the alcoholism, an endless supply of random information and lists and trivia, and a lot of a quasi-legal thing or two that i'm not sure i can post without getting banned. oh, and word and strategy games and backgammon.