• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Does God guide people to find or rescue others?

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
God is talking to me RIGHT NOW...

He says he's actually a she. And I need to shower more often.

OH!OH! And the girl is in a swamp. A SWAMP!!!&*

gromit

likes this
That depends on which version of God you're talking about.

I'm inclined to agree in which case everything is guided by God.

I like that quite a bit, actually. It is the direction I find myself moving in my personal beliefs. When it comes down to it, I guess the universe is energy... or at least that's what science people say. Matter is energy and energy is matter, right? There is just this cosmic substance... which is really all there is on some level. So all physical interactions can be boiled down to a molecular exchange of energy (or even more basic than molecular, since different molecules are actually just chains of vibrating energy in a particular shapes).

Now is maybe where I get a little trippy... It has been my experience that emotional, intellectual, sexual, and spiritual energy are actually all the same substance as physical energy. It is all the same cosmic substance. I don't know... But I think, through prayer or meditation or other methods, we have the potential to emotionally/spiritually/psychologically align ourselves with this substance in some ways. That is how we can resonate with meaning, how we can feel all of these different feelings, how everything can be connected...

And besides, why can't that substance have intelligence, memory? Just as experiences become absorbed into my consciousness, why can't I too become absorbed into some cosmic consciousness?

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
IF he does, then he also guides serials killers and kidnappers to find innocent people to slaughter and abuse.

HOW FUCKED UP a vision of the world one has to have to think that an imaginary friend is to be thanked for everything percieved as good and that we are to blame for everything that's bad.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:yes:
God is talking to me RIGHT NOW...

He says he's actually a she. And I need to shower more often.

OH!OH! And the girl is in a swamp. A SWAMP!!!&*

And there I thought when god speaks to someone, it's almost always an ISFP. You must be special indeed. :yes:

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
One of my favorite bumper stickers:

"God, please rescue me from your followers." :rofl1:

It's horribly cynical, but I can't help but laugh at it.

All I can say is this. Blessed are the good Samaritans out there who are truly exerting effort on those needing assistance. Stupid are those trying to save toxic people as such endeavors only result in wasted time and life energy for the person trying to do the "saving." Preventing an infant from falling out of a grocery cart when the kid;s Mom isn't looking. Trying to show the local crackwhore alcoholic treacherous wench in your neighborhood how to live a better life, that is not a good deed, that is an exercise in stupidity. That's about the best way I can describe my thinking on this topic right now.

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
Wow, what a credible story. If we assume that god is coincidence, and the coincidence of event's lead to him finding the girl in the swamp, then we can assume that god is living in his abnormal lesion's.

Possible scenerio's:
1. He is an idiot who likes to take walk's in nature.
2. He is an idiot who is craving attention.
3. He is being horribly ironic.
4. He is experimenting with the local system's psychological reaction's, to measure their gullibility.
5. He is a mentally ill invidual who miscontrued his episode of luck.

Invisiblemonkey

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Can we please have a discussion about this without the gross over-generalizations,
"IF he does, then he also guides serials killers and kidnappers to find innocent people to slaughter and abuse."
and flaming, "Wow, what a credible story. If we assume that god is coincidence, and the coincidence of event's lead to him finding the girl in the swamp, then we can assume that god is living in his abnormal lesion's.

Possible scenerio's:
1. He is an idiot who likes to take walk's in nature.
2. He is an idiot who is craving attention.
3. He is being horribly ironic.
4. He is experimenting with the local system's psychological reaction's, to measure their gullibility.
5. He is a mentally ill invidual who miscontrued his episode of luck. "

You'd think that you wouldn't find that on a philisophical subforum, but no... Please note, I have no clue how to manually place quote HTML code. Also, I'm currently waiting for someone to say that I don't know how because I'm a Christian, and therefore stupid.