• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Life you failed me

T

ThatGirl

I tried from my own perspective, from your rules, from your understanding?

So why do I fail still?

What am I missing?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In what sense do you feel life fails you?
What are your expectations of life?

I'm asking because life is pretty random in the way it treats everyone, but it is not biased. It is never biased! So should life really be blamed?

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
That is a somewhat defeatist attitude.

I tried from my own perspective

So try it from another perspective .. You don't need to bring yesterdays baggage into today. Today you can recreate yourself and anything you want. We only limit ourselves.

From your rules

And what rules are these? Who decided them? Are rules meant to be broken? You create your own rules darling :newwink:

from your understanding

Not even going there.

So why do I fail still

You have failed according to your own standards, otherwise you'd actually see that you had infact won. In order to be light, first you must experience darkness. You know what if feels like to be very low, so when you experience moments of higher consciousness, then you'll realise just how far you have come.

What am I missing

Isn't it so sad that we continuously search for something to make our lives have more significant meaning, when in fact it was in front of us all the time .. It is/was ourselves.

*I have just vomited in my mouth*

Lol

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
*I have just vomited in my mouth*

Lol

Just my two cents, but the fact she posted this topic means she is willing to go for other perspectives. Which makes your post a bit too blunt and short sighted. :p

Mole

Permabanned

So why do I fail still?

What am I missing?

Hey kid, maybe there is something wrong with you. Life, we all know, is perfect, so if you don't measure up - well, you know - there is only one thing. You are a loser.

But all is not lost. Come downunder 'cause we love losers. Our national hero is a loser so we would love you.

Or you could just think that the worst has happened, so there is no need to worry anymore.

This is a relief. You can just lie back in the arms of failure. You have heard of winners resting on their laurels, well losers rest on theirs as well.

But most of all, losers love company so you will never be lonely.

Or if none of this works, just shed a tear in a quiet corner all by yourself and think of me.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hey kid, maybe there is something wrong with you. Life, we all know, is perfect, so if you don't measure up - well, you know - there is only one thing. You are a loser.

But all is not lost. Come downunder 'cause we love losers. Our national hero is a loser so we would love you.

Or you could just think that the worst has happened so there is no need to worry anymore.

This is a relief. You can just lie back in the arms of failure. You have heard of winners resting on their laurels, well losers rest on theirs as well.

But most of all, losers love company so you will never be lonely - just look for another loser.

Or if none of this works, just shed a tear in a quiet corner all by yourself and think of me.

You are what you think you are, not what others think you are.

In the context of your post. Should two 'losers' find each other and be friends. They would not be losers to each other.

You're only a loser, losing out of life, if you feel you should be more than what you are. The key to winning isn't pushing yourself beyond your limits, but to your limits. If you can do that, you are a winner!

I am a winner.

And the fact that there are plenty of losers out there that have a better life than I am, only makes me feel that much more awesome.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Just my two cents, but the fact she posted this topic means she is willing to go for other perspectives. Which makes your post a bit too blunt and short sighted. :p

You may be correct but unfortunately this is only your perspective. Some people may like the blunt approach, others may not.

Who are we to speculate??

Mole

Permabanned
I am a winner.

Good God, next you will be telling me Marvin is a winner against all the evidence and even against what Marvin says himself.

Look, Marvin and ThatGirl are one of a piece, they are a match made in heaven. For heaven's sake don't break them up.

Frankly I am looking forward to the wedding and then all the little Marvins to come.

Good God, Marvin is merely depressed, he is not sad.

For Christ's sake, he loves being depressed.

G

Ginkgo

This thread gets the [Official Tater Sticker of Approval], good 'til the second thursday of next week.

But on a serious note, TG, if you need someone to talk to then I would gladly offer my POV, even though I am young and inexperienced. I'm kind of like that pillow that you cry on and talk to when you're in the dank dumps, and if you flip me over I am nice, cool and crisp.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Great. Come to Loserland.

hungary.gif

Even our national anthem reminds us constantly that we are, in fact, losers.
The only other "sad" national anthem is Ha'Tikva, but even that gives "hope" to people.

So come and join us, I'm sure you'll feel much better. Until we kick the shit out of you for being a foreigner. Ya know, hospitality and all.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

So why do I fail still?

What am I missing?

Reconsider the rules.

Get a wise mentor.

Conquer your demons.

Never give up.

valentine

MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
From the Hitcher's Guide to the Galaxy:

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

or

"Life," said Marvin dolefully, "loathe it or ignore it, you can't like it."

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I'm sorry you feel that way. But why post such a personal thing here? of all places. The wolves of rationality are already placing their superior tongues against their cheeks.
Find someone sensitive to talk to. a real person. Not a digital similacrum.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm sorry you feel that way. But why post such a personal thing here? of all places. The wolves of rationality are already placing their superior tongues against their cheeks.
Find someone sensitive to talk to. a real person. Not a digital similacrum.

Hey, I take offense to that! I'm feel as if I have been one of the more nicer of people in this thread! :(

Apart from the little wrestling with Victor part, maybe. But that had nothing to do with OP as a person!

But I showed interest and asked questions, I did!

*depressed* Life isn't treating me nice. :(

T

ThatGirl

Yikes,

I was pretty drunk last night so allow me to explain this thread in a less emo (not drunk) way, and it will make sense why it is in this section.

Personal side: I have tried many approaches to life, am smart, dedicated, and crave success. In the last week I had to quit my job, because it became dead end. I am losing my patience with time, and am so sick of starting over. I don't see any real opportunity anywhere. I am not where I want to be. I don't have the answers, and the struggle is wearing me down. Not only that I am limited, by my family, support systems, whatever.

Not so personal question: What causes our success in life. Is it playing by others rules (work hard put in your time and hope someone gifts you opportunity). Is it playing by our own (stopping at nothing to create your own opportunity despite the conflict, competition, and opposition this approach brings).

I am at another turning point where I am having to start all over again. I aim higher but end up with the same scenarios. Is it me? Am I missing something?

What are the rules of success, that lead to a happy and healthy life? What do you need to lock in to in order to rise to the top?

In the ENTJ thread someone said we can be a bit scary when in positions of power, but I disagree with this point. I think the only scary ENTJ is one who is not.

*Hope that sounded less emo.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I think if you find the answers to those questions then you'll become a very rich person and i'll pay for that also.

When i start over, i use the analogy of 'dust myself down and get back on the horse' .. But as my mum recently stated to me .. It gets fucking tiring dusting myself down after 49 years *sigh*

It would be pleasent for things to get easier as we get older .. However sometimes it feels like life is working against us (me).

T

ThatGirl

I think if you find the answers to those questions then you'll become a very rich person and i'll pay for that also.

When i start over, i use the analogy of 'dust myself down and get back on the horse' .. But as my mum recently stated to me .. It gets fucking tiring dusting myself down after 49 years *sigh*

It would be pleasent for things to get easier as we get older .. However sometimes it feels like life is working against us (me).

That is my goal!

Lol, I suppose it is a silly question. I just damn myself for not knowing the answers.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Great. Come to Loserland.

hungary.gif

Even our national anthem reminds us constantly that we are, in fact, losers.
The only other "sad" national anthem is Ha'Tikva, but even that gives "hope" to people.

So come and join us, I'm sure you'll feel much better. Until we kick the shit out of you for being a foreigner. Ya know, hospitality and all.

I might be there next year. See you in Buda.