• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Life you failed me

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yikes,
What causes our success in life. Is it playing by others rules (work hard put in your time and hope someone gifts you opportunity). Is it playing by our own (stopping at nothing to create your own opportunity despite the conflict, competition, and opposition this approach brings).

Well - I think I understood the first post :)

Success is whatever we want it to be and it seems like defining what that is for us as individuals is the key. I think we are overly influenced by the materialistic culture that we're part of. We are somewhat brainwashed by media. I think our views on what success is are often skewed, off-kilter, and frequently unhealthy. That has been my personal experience anyway. What really matters and why does it really matter? Tuesdays With Morrie was a good book that may give some ideas.

Mole

Permabanned
The Cultural Imperative

Success is whatever we want it to be...

Rather, success is defined for us by our culture.

Only a raw narcissist could think that success is whatever we want it to be.

Success is simply a cultural imperative.

And almost all of us follow this imperative without thinking.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
That is my goal!

Lol, I suppose it is a silly question. I just damn myself for not knowing the answers.

Oh bless ya .. Well coming from someone who is incredibly impatient .. We do have a lifetime to figure out these questions but also if we are infact putting to much emphesis on these questions in the first place ..

Now would be a perfect time to quote taoism :yes:

Easy is right. The right way to go easy is to forget the right way and forget that the going is easy.

:huh: Lol

How about we just find the moments where we can laugh, both in the face of sadness and joy. Apparently laughter is the key to happiness.

Or maybe i am just spouting rubbish :newwink:

Serendipity

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
MBTI Type
RAD
Well - I think I understood the first post :)

Success is whatever we want it to be and it seems like defining what that is for us as individuals is the key. I think we are overly influenced by the materialistic culture that we're part of. We are somewhat brainwashed by media. I think our views on what success is are often skewed, off-kilter, and frequently unhealthy. That has been my personal experience anyway. What really matters and why does it really matter? Tuesdays With Morrie was a good book that may give some ideas.

Rather, success is defined for us by our culture.

Only a raw narcissist could think that success is whatever we want it to be.

Success is simply a cultural imperative.

And almost all of us follow this imperative without thinking.

Adequately enough.

Serendipity

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
MBTI Type
RAD
Now would be a perfect time to quote taoism :yes:

Easy is right. The right way to go easy is to forget the right way and forget that the going is easy.

Hahahaha. I believe it's an existential pun! That was marvelous!