• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Does Faith Allow Us to Love?

yvonne

A passer by
MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
yeah, pragmatic reasons matter in relationships. i don't see love as an emotion, though. for me, love is a fact... it's a fact that can be swayed by emotions, circumstances... losing faith is losing faith in the fact that love is real. for me love is just the connectedness of life. i see meaning in that connectedness. it's faith, because i might be wrong, it might all be "arbitrary" and meaningless, but i don't think so. love to me is not just some feeling of infatuation, but it's vowen in life itself...

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
yeah, pragmatic reasons matter in relationships. i don't see love as an emotion, though. for me, love is a fact... it's a fact that can be swayed by emotions, circumstances... losing faith is losing faith in the fact that love is real. for me love is just the connectedness of life. i see meaning in that connectedness. it's faith, because i might be wrong, it might all be "arbitrary" and meaningless, but i don't think so. love to me is not just some feeling of infatuation, but it's vowen in life itself...

Well is it real (a fact) or isn't it real?

And could you explain what you meant by connectedness of life as if I were a 10 year old extreme S?

yvonne

A passer by
MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
we don't know the truth. i can't tell you what the truth is. i only know my beliefs (which consist of current scientifically proven theories and my feelings).

connectedness of life is how life works. you know :D ... sun shines, a plant grows out of water, gives us oxygen, gives animals food, animals eat each other to live... you can see that plainly as brutal, but you can also see that as beautiful.

you can see that we're doomed, or you can see that we can evolve... what do you value?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
we don't know the truth. i can't tell you what the truth is. i only know my beliefs (which consist of current scientifically proven theories and my feelings).

I wasn't talking about the truth. I was talking about facts.*Something that is indisputably the case.

connectedness of life is how life works. you know :D ... sun shines, a plant grows out of water, gives us oxygen, gives animals food, animals eat each other to live... you can see that plainly as brutal, but you can also see that as beautiful.

you can see that we're doomed, or you can see that we can evolve... what do you value?

Eh? So basically what you are saying is nothing more than love is a phenomenon like any other that just happens? You think you need to write it out as connectedness of life? :p Do you care at all about being understood?

As for doom VS evolution, how does that apply to love and where the hell did that even come from??!

yvonne

A passer by
MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
i think love is the most important "phenomenon" :D

do you value life, or not? if you're eating a hamburger, do you value the cow that gave its life for you to eat? :p do you ever think about cows and their needs?

i know love exists, because i have felt it, because i value life... because i see meaning in life/ the circle of life. i can't tell you what to think. you have to figure that out for yourself.

i think if we value life and see some beauty and meaning in it, we'd be more inclined to think that it matters, if we survive, or not, or how we treat each other.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
i think love is the most important "phenomenon" :D

do you value life, or not? if you're eating a hamburger, do you value the cow that gave its life for you to eat? :p do you ever think about cows and their needs?

Nope.

i know love exists, because i have felt it, because i value life... because i see meaning in life/ the circle of life. i can't tell you what to think. you have to figure that out for yourself.

Uh? Okay, you aren't making much sense. I didn't say love didn't exist. You said it was a fact.

i think if we value life and see some beauty and meaning in it, we'd be more inclined to think that it matters, if we survive, or not, or how we treat each other.

What does valuing life and seeing beauty and meaning in it have to do with facts?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
facts? what facts? that love is fact? or what?

yvonne

A passer by
MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
i didn't say love was a fact. i said it's a fact for me.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
and...the thing is...if the way you feel is a fact and the way life will be is a theory you put faith in the fact and let it guide how you conduct yourself in the future.

Beorn

Permabanned
I think everything is ultimately a faith act. So an act of love would require faith just as sitting down in a chair would... although the former would likely take a good bit more faith.

Ming

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3
I think the main problem is what is 'love' first?

Without love, there is no faith.

It's really a matter of perception :D