• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

"An old soul"

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Explain what you know/think of "old souls." One time one of my aunts told me she thought I was one. :shock:

Hirsch63

MBTI Type
IS??
You know I've been getting that since I was a kid....and I am an ISTJ too....
never did get an explanation...

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
I've been called an old soul by my mother. Normally it means you possess wisdom beyond your years.

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
My Grandmother always called me an old soul. She said I was born old. :cry:

She meant it nice, though. ;)

arcticangel02

To the top of the world
MBTI Type
eNFP
I think it's probably a description that gets handed to anyone who is reasonably sensible at an age when most other people are, well, not.

I know an INFP who's had people describe him that way.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
Now that I think about it, it would probably be mostly associated with J personality types, and it would probably be an observation of those with a relatively higher level of mental or emotional maturity, as artican suggested.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've been described as this, but it's just because people don't know what i'm up to most of the time, and that I choose what risks to take. ^^
Edit: I've always done some masquerade to shut out people who don't know me well. Most people who doesn't know me think i'm orderly and stuff.
NEIN!

sundowning

MBTI Type
ISTP
I've turned into an old soul. People generally use it disparagingly, however, and try to remedy it by dragging me out to the nearest bar. As if that's gonna help.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've turned into an old soul. People generally use it disparagingly, however, and try to remedy it by dragging me out to the nearest bar. As if that's gonna help.

You should stymie their efforts by ordering some old person drink.

*slaps counter* "I'll have a Shirley Temple! Make that a double! I feel I am, dare I say, brimming with tomfoolery!!"

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Explain what you know/think of "old souls." One time one of my aunts told me she thought I was one. :shock:

I would like to understand it so that old souls are those who have experienced more than one life. Is it true, I don't know. I would like to believe in reincarnation but I'm not so sure about it. So, I'm open to a possibility of old souls as being the ones gone through reincarnation.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Old souls are souls that have been reincarnated for more times than any other souls that come before - Mature, Young, etc.
They're generally characterized by wiseness, quickest learning among souls, emphasis towards one-on-one intimate relationships, a tendency to hide from excessive involvement in world's affairs, depression hitting from time to time, low neuroticism.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It means you're timeless. :)

That's basically it.

I remember when I was 12 and thinking of myself as "old as time" -- because I seemed to think about life in ways that only middle/late-aged adults seemed to, and the rest of my peer group was so focused on the current superficial (to me) interests. I also felt like I had experienced my fair share of pain and there wasn't much left to explore, emotionally.

LucrativeSid

Soul Age - Index

I've read about this before. I relate to the description of the old soul the most, and a lot of people have called me an old soul before. However, I don't actually beleive that stuff. It's nothing more than a fun read and perhaps another way to explain human behavior to me. A person can just naturally act like that, or like anything else. I don't beleive it necessarily means that they have an "old" soul.

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
Oh gawd, I have been told that my entire life (even from my high school counselor), as well as being called "an old man".

I guess it would mean that I am very mature. When I was little I preferred to sit and listen to the adults rather than play with the kids my age. I could watch other children my age and see that they were "selfish brats" or "whiny crybabies". I could tell the difference between right and wrong. I was never punished as a child because my parents only needed to tell me once and I would never do it again.

Maybe it means that we have a higher degree of prudence and wisdom than what is typical for people our age.

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You should stymie their efforts by ordering some old person drink.

*slaps counter* "I'll have a Shirley Temple! Make that a double! I feel I am, dare I say, brimming with tomfoolery!!"

HEY! Quit belching yer mummy dust on me, you old soul.