• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

"An old soul"

heart

heart on fire
Explain what you know/think of "old souls." One time one of my aunts told me she thought I was one. :shock:

I think it means your aunt respects you for some apsect of wisdom or maturity that you show that she thinks is beyond your years.

cheap

MBTI Type
F00D
I know my mum is definitely an Old Soul and I'm still Mature... not in the earlier stages though I don't think. The best is yet to come!

Seanan

Procrastinating
MBTI Type
INTJ
Explain what you know/think of "old souls." One time one of my aunts told me she thought I was one. :shock:

Having knowledge and understanding without experience and applying the two wisely without benefit of the years normally required to acquire that wisdom... per my Grandmother's definition.

elfinchilde

a white iris
MBTI Type
type

Having knowledge and understanding without experience and applying the two wisely without benefit of the years normally required to acquire that wisdom... per my Grandmother's definition.

Was called an old soul before. Scarily, by a feng shui master of a friend....who could also accurately say things about my past, simply based on my name, age and birth characters. (and no, never met face to face. my friend had simply given those details to him) :ninja:

Seanan has the definition rightly: an old soul is one who knows things beyond what is expected of a normal person, or of their age group.

Leysing

MBTI Type
FiSi
I have been called "an old soul" certainly dozens of times... mainly by the people I have seen worthy to hear my thoughts and opinions :D

Journey

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I got that a lot as a teenager because I acted so maturely. Only I knew how immature I still was and I would laugh inside when people told me that.

Now that I am almost 52 and finally have some little wisdom, what I most enjoy is my younger friends and nieces, especially, including me in their friendships, telling me, "you don't seem to be your age, you seem to be our age." (It's because I'm not always giving them advice, telling them what to do, or judging them.) I get "young at heart" now and I really enjoy that.