• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ron, Katherine and Isabel

Mole

Permabanned
Just as Ron Hubbard invented a fake religion called Scientology, Mrs Katherine Briggs and her daughter Mrs Isabel Briggs Myers invented a fake personality test.

And just as Scientology is popular and attracts such stars as Tom Cruise, MBTI is popular and attracts millions every year.

How is this possible?

It's simple - deception works.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
MBTI doesn't advocate forgoing medical treatment or medication and does not mention anything about Xenu or spaceships... signifigantly less wacky :rolleyes:

do you not have enough threads on this topic yet? :huh:

he he... I got to type the name Xenu!

Mole

Permabanned
A Sad and Perplexed Lighthouse

Of course dear Heart, Whatever and Jaguar you are aware of the deception being practised on you and you are willing participants.

But everyday we get new people joining the site. And they are completely unaware they are walking into a deception created by Katherine and Isabel and kept alive by you.

And so it is my duty to warn them.

Of course like you they may well choose to ignore my warning. And this is sad and perplexing.

But nonetheless I am moved like a lighthouse to warn approaching ships of the reefs that lie under the deceptive surface.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ring_master.gif

Hey Victor!

I answered your question about the M-Audio Keystation, in copious and useful detail.

Why have you not responded? Are you that busy?

Thanks.

-Halla

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
he was too busy typing these threads and speaking of his admiration for harsh ultra-conservative women instead :cheese:

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
On the principle of "He who smelt it, dealt it", the biggest deceiver would have to be.... Victor.

I bet he tries next to say he's speaking truths, the cunning devil.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ always an excellent principle to stick with :yes:

I'm still wondering why someone who so passionatly hates MBTI keeps posting here... it's like an evangelical missionary wandering into Saudi Arabia :rolleyes:

Mole

Permabanned
24/7

I'm still wondering why someone who so passionatly hates MBTI keeps posting here... it's like an evangelical missionary wandering into Saudi Arabia :rolleyes:

It's a never ending delight. The believers keep bowing and I keep whacking their nethers.

It's called the never ending conversation, they can't stop bowing and I can't resist temptation.

But don't blame me. Blame the internet. Blame the noosphere. Blame the electronic media. Blame Oprah. None of us can stop talking - neither Oprah, Victor or even you.

The line is always open. Our ear is never closed. You can close a book but you can't close the internet.

The global village is open 24/7.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Just as Ron Hubbard invented a fake religion called Scientology, Mrs Katherine Briggs and her daughter Mrs Isabel Briggs Myers invented a fake personality test.

And just as Scientology is popular and attracts such stars as Tom Cruise, MBTI is popular and attracts millions every year.

How is this possible?

There isn't really anything wrong with the theory..and I don't believe their intention was to deceive.

However, There is certainly a feeling a dogma attached to the system on these forums.

But that is due to people who practice the theory.. These MBTI message boards are populated by many inside the box kind of thinking people who love nothing more than to label,qualify and quantify themselves and others .
They seem incapable of understanding the concept of fitting the context of Typology into their lives instead of fitting their lives into the context of Typology.

They wear their labels with pride and forget that the idea is not to be more N or J or whatever, but rather to find a balance within themselves and to strive to lose all those little anagrams and replace them all with X's .

This is their choice and they are welcome to it.. It's only a problem when they pass judgment on others.

Helios

MBTI Type
INTP

How is this possible?

I don't think you're very intelligent.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY

How is this possible?

People have got to choose something to believe in, and I sure as hell believe that MBTI is a better thing to believe in than anything that involves higher powers guiding you.