• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ron, Katherine and Isabel

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
you know... some people here think you're really smart because you reply in a different way and seem all "deep" and such to them...

I don't really... you're the odd man smiling to himself in the corner of the bus... smiling because of his internal life and what he imagines about people, not what he knows about them

you're really not that profound or touching to me- you're just as much of an egomaniac as I am, I'm just more honest and less manipulative about it- you have your own little image that you've spun and some people lap that up

I don't buy it

now I'm done indulging you, because you only care to warp everyone else to your own twisted little fantasy of a weird hippy emo love in- I'm not debating with you anymore in this thread

like I said, I'm going to bed- enjoy yourself :rolleyes:

Mole

Permabanned
you're wrong :)

and you're not exactly someone I care to open up to... you're WAY too wrapped up in your view of the world for that :rolleyes:

and a few threads filled with jokes have built up my postcount... and occasionally making fun of stubborn bores by going back and forth with them in threads :devil:

the site isn't my public- it's simply another place to interact with people... just like any real life gathering- I LIKE most people, so I interact- it's really quite simple :cheese:

now, go psychobabble someone else, I'm going to bed :sleeping: (yes, you actually bored me that much! :holy:)

You see, you know your own emotions so little you can't tell the difference between bored and angry.

That is why you need us, your public, to listen to your emotions and know when you are angry - like right now.

Of course the role of parents is to modulate the emotions of their children. And that is just the role the public plays here in modulating your emotions.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Tom Cruise? There is something seriously wrong with that guy.

It doesn't mean he's not cute.

(So I get some eye candy... PLUS I get to psychoanalyze a real nutjob at close range. ;) Best of both worlds, ya know. And he goes home with Katie, not me, and SHE has to put up with his bs.)

Hmmm. Do you think Victor is cute?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you think he would pay for my dinner if I asked him to take me out?

ps. I'm already guessing that bringing up MBTI on the first date would be a big mistake.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
But in reality you are helpless in the face of your own emotions and you need us, your public, to listen to them for you.

And that is why you have made ten thousand posts in public.

And I am listening to you, Victor. But you are not talking to me.

In reality you would rather banter than turn inside and reflect.

And if someone wants to listen to you, you say, "You are playing games with me."

Yet still I listen. And wait.

Mole

Permabanned
Game playing is for losers.

The problem with game playing, aphrodite-gone-awry and Jennifer, is that it is uncreative. It is sterile. It is not reaching down into the depths of oneself and out into the world, it is remaining on the surface and engaging in manipulation in the hope of a payoff.

And game playing is addictive, quite like playing a poker machine. Every now and then you do get a payoff and so you keep on playing in the hope of another payoff, but in reality you are just losing your money.

But in playing games with other people, you don't just lose your money, you lose yourself.

And because game playing with another person is insulting, you are quite likely to lose, not only yourself, but the other person as well.

So it is plain that game playing is for losers.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why are you playing games, then?

Everything about you, Victor,seems like a big game to me... where you flit about and try to avoid being TrulyKnown. Your prose, while melodic, seems to me many times to operate as a means of deflecting attention from who you are, in toto, rather than an attempt to truly enbgage others as you. you feel safer masquerading as your talent than as a complex and tangible human being.

sooooo.... are you going to ever buy me dinner, or are you going to stop playing games?

Mole

Permabanned
Pain and Misery

Why are you playing games, then?

Everything about you, Victor,seems like a big game to me... where you flit about and try to avoid being TrulyKnown. Your prose, while melodic, seems to me many times to operate as a means of deflecting attention from who you are, in toto, rather than an attempt to truly enbgage others as you. you feel safer masquerading as your talent than as a complex and tangible human being.

sooooo.... are you going to ever buy me dinner, or are you going to stop playing games?

If I were playing games, this would soon pall for me. But because I am myself, I can keep on posting.

And because I satisfy myself, I am constantly renewing myself. I always have something to say. I always have a new idea.

So I wonder why you and aphrodite-gone-awry accuse me of game playing. At first I thought you were projecting. But then I realised it was more serious.

What you don't like about me is that I am not depressed.

In other words, I don't mirror your depression.

This is almost unbearable for you, so you try and bring me down.

However I have a bubbling spring inside me that is irrepressible.

I have seen how painful depression is in others, and how misery loves company.

But pain and misery don't attract me.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
You know Victor, whenever you would start threads like this I'd just want to merge them into one superthread and forget about them. I haven't read this thread, just throwing in my .2 based on the title.

I've read four whole books(!!) since January that had some variation of MBTI within their pages.

One book about improving your business writing has you take a 10 question quiz with the results of being a Thinker, Feeler, Juggler, and Planner.

Another one I read about personal finance has you take a short personality quiz which dumps you into four extreme and common financial personalities: SJ=Scrooge/Nester, SP=Gambler/Bon vivant, NT=Miser/Entrepreneur, NF=Shopaholic/Traveler.

Another about interpersonal communication in the workplace splits you up into 20 different personality types and gives characteristics and traits of the work styles of those types. If you know enough about MBTI you can place them into four groups, with some leftover that can fit anywhere.

I flip through a lot of book in the business section of the local bookstores and you see this in a substantial portion of them.

So yeah, I'm starting to understand what you're saying now that I'm seeing MBTI pop up. It's suitable to help you communicate and understand other people better because evidently with all these opportunities to bridge gaps and plug holes to miscommunication more and more misunderstandings are occuring. But then again, it's a cheat sheet to other people and not really helpful aside from basic superficialities.

Also, I was asked at a recent job interview if I knew my MBTI type. I didn't like it. I felt like I was going to get judged based on my answer.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
And I am listening to you, Victor. But you are not talking to me.

In reality you would rather banter than turn inside and reflect.

And if someone wants to listen to you, you say, "You are playing games with me."

Yet still I listen. And wait.

So I wonder why you and aphrodite-gone-awry accuse me of game playing. At first I thought you were projecting. But then I realised it was more serious.

I have not accused you of game playing. Yet you nearly accused me of it earlier in your thread.

What you see is what you get with me, Victor. Why all the deflections?

To Protean: So I guess it's the hip thing right now to use a 'personality type' perspective to help sell popular books. Kinda like the dating services that have some Keirsyan-like test on them. People like it because they can sense some vaguely pertinent application, but they don't realize it's their imagination using stereotyping to fill in the rest, which can never be good. Like how people use astrology (as Victor as pointed out) or blood type.........I think it's extremely unethical to ask MBTI type in an interview. There needs to be some studies done on MBTI type and discrimination in the work place. What did you say your type was? How did you respond to that question?

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
To Protean: So I guess it's the hip thing right now to use a 'personality type' perspective to help sell popular books. Kinda like the dating services that have some Keirsyan-like test on them. People like it because they can sense some vaguely pertinent application, but they don't realize it's their imagination using stereotyping to fill in the rest, which can never be good. Like how people use astrology (as Victor as pointed out) or blood type.........I think it's extremely unethical to ask MBTI type in an interview. There needs to be some studies done on MBTI type and discrimination in the work place. What did you say your type was? How did you respond to that question?

All major dating sites use some form of MBTI: Match, Chemistry, eHarmony.

As for my response to the interviewer I said "Oh, I remember that...I took it in college as part of a career assessment program...oh let me see if I remember...I'm an extrovert...yeah you can tell I'm an extrovert [insert laughter], I think I'm a feeler...I'm not quite sure if I remember the rest." La la la lalalala. Then: "Why do you want to know?" which probably came off as aggressive and accusatory. :ninja:

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
All major dating sites use some form of MBTI: Match, Chemistry, eHarmony.

As for my response to the interviewer I said "Oh, I remember that...I took it in college as part of a career assessment program...oh let me see if I remember...I'm an extrovert...yeah you can tell I'm an extrovert [insert laughter], I think I'm a feeler...I'm not quite sure if I remember the rest." La la la lalalala. Then: "Why do you want to know?" which probably came off as aggressive and accusatory. :ninja:

haha. No, I'm sure you sounded very nice. Besides, you said the main best thing you could say, which was that you are a feeler. ;)

:devil:

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
I always have a new idea.

I didn't LOL.

So yeah, I'm starting to understand what you're saying now that I'm seeing MBTI pop up. It's suitable to help you communicate and understand other people better because evidently with all these opportunities to bridge gaps and plug holes to miscommunication more and more misunderstandings are occuring. But then again, it's a cheat sheet to other people and not really helpful aside from basic superficialities.

Also, I was asked at a recent job interview if I knew my MBTI type. I didn't like it. I felt like I was going to get judged based on my answer.

Yeah, but if Barry White Victor is right, then it's the MBTI to blame, not the retards who gloss it.

Guns don't MBTI people, people MBTI people.