• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Does anyone "deserve" to be hit?

Is it ever justified to smack somebody?

• Total voters

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When I voted No, I meant it can't be justified, if you are the aggressor. Self defense of course can always be justified.

The question is "is it ever".

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I always agree with it in terms of self-defense. If someone was hit first, they should be allowed to hit the other person back. I don't really think anyone should hit first unless you're sure they're about to harm you and that's the best way to prevent any pain to yourself.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hitting to defend self or other from imminent physical violence is merited when escape is not otherwise an option. As soon as the person is no longer a threat, then hitting should obviously cease. Seems pretty common sense. :shrug:

Mole

Permabanned
Men typically express their aggression physically, while women typically express their aggression verbally.

The hidden culture of aggression in girls was revealed some time ago by Rachel Simmons in her book, "Odd Girl Out". And has been confirmed and detailed in study after study ever since.

Female aggression is often directed agains other women, and is performed by a group of women against a victim, and it is immediately emotionally painful and does long term emotional damage.

So women start very young practising verbal aggression, under the radar, against other women, so by the time they have reached puberty, women have stolen a march on men.

Men enter puberty with no idea at all of how to deal with female verbal aggression, they are like lambs led to the slaughter.

And men make the strategic mistake of responding to verbal aggression with physical aggression. This only proves men are toxic animals, and women are innocent victims.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i said no, but then immediately thought if you were being attacked and needed to hit someone in order to escape then i suppose that would be justified, to me.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Gotta keep my pimp hand strong.