• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Traditional Values Poll

I believe in...

• Total voters

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I want to find a theoretical way to do this so I can be good at it the first time.

Your time would probably be better spent devising a way to get rich without doing anything whatsoever or a method to get into fantastic shape without lifting so much as a finger.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What about a more practical way that doesn't involve a biological entity? (Like a hole in the wall?)

And what do people get out of this? What is the pay-off? (Unless I'm lucky, I probably wouldn't get monetary gratuity.)

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
What about a more practical way that doesn't involve a biological entity? (Like a hole in the wall?)

And what do people get out of this? What is the pay-off? (Unless I'm lucky, I probably wouldn't get monetary gratuity.)

Functionally, it's the difference between eating good food and having just the bare requirements. Both end up the same, but the impact on us is entirely different.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
and this was the third reference to food after Uber asked about sex? ;)

Roger Mexico

MBTI Type
INTP
Is there anything that chemically happens to the mind during the "warm apple pie" sensation? Does it enhance my intelligence or does it dumb me down? How will it transform me as a person? Please, I like to know what I'm getting into. I'm too afraid to go through with it.

Tell me about this easy way. It sounds impossible for me. It seems even easy for the introverts to get it. Why is it hard for me?

How do I know if I'll be good at it? I hate being incompetent.

And what does an orgasm feel like? Most of the time after I've gotten a hard-on, I just get really tired. Is there something else that's supposed to happen? And is the sensation more physical or more abstract?

The pie thing was a joke. How do you describe a physical sensation? The counterpart piece of the female body is rather more... custom designed for your purposes than your hand.

Orgasm is basically a process of your nervous system getting intensively stimulated, leading to a state of excitation followed by a release of tension, and usually a state of relaxation, hence the sleepiness. (If you've never had an orgasm, that's something you can take care of on your own before you venture into the doubles version of the sport.)

I don't know about making you smarter, but there is some evidence that sex helps your nervous system regenerate itself; it may well reduce your risk of Alzheimer's, among other things. In terms of neurochemistry, your body is hardwired through millions of years of evolution to reward you for your efforts.

I have the same advice I had for you on your other thread--it's only going to happen for you if and when you actively create opportunities for it to happen. This involves doing things that may not be comfortable at first, but, again, get out of your room.

No older women, please. That's disgusting.

I want to find a theoretical way to do this so I can be good at it the first time.

Think about this a little--how many times have you been "good at" something the first time you tried it? Sex especially depends on your ability to read a situation and understand your partner's responses. A lot of that knowledge can only be gained through experience. As far as the basics, I don't know, maybe pick up an anatomy textbook so you're familiar with the relevant mechanics and geography, but a lot of it is going to be your perseverence in the face of your anxieties.

You've got a couple options as far as dealing with your "competence" issues. If you're honest with a partner about being inexperienced, odds are she isn't going to judge you or "punish" you for it--keep in mind she has every reason to help you figure out how to make her happy. It's really not a contest, so I wouldn't worry so much about your initial skill level. Read up, know what you're trying to do, but most of all just pay attention to your partner.

Alternatively, you could take the Christian route and attempt to minimize the anxiety of a new experience by making sure that you're both equally ignorant when the time comes to consummate your relationship, and hoping that this will make things less awkward. (It will also help with your philosophical issue, since the purpose of Christian sex is explicitly specified: you're doing to it to create future generations of ignorant children.) As an added bonus, going to church will show you just how much certain people will respect you and stroke your ego for the "accomplishment" of remaining inexperienced. Christians basically view infancy--a state of near-total ignorance and dependence--as the ideal form of existence, and they will give you heaps of encouragement and support in your effort to avoid learning about your own mind and body.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I looked hither and thither, but alas, could not find the original topic.

:confused:

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
And have any of you been able to get laid while unemployed? Here's another problem that's killing me. If you've read my blog, you'll know that I'm struggling to find a job. But so far, I've been turned down. I imagine you need a job before you can have a sex life, right? And this is something I want to at least try before I hit 23 so I can feel less insecure, but I need the money first.

Or are people still able to get it that way without necessarily being employed?

And I heard most women want men to be experienced.

I mentioned to the mods to move post 76 and beyond to my blog.

And the derail was not my fault...this is just a subject that really gets to me.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
And have any of you been able to get laid while unemployed?

I've gotten laid while unemployed! :D

and what a man doesn't know, a man can be taught...

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've gotten laid while unemployed! :D

and what a man doesn't know, a man can be taught...

Yes, and it's also more undesirable for the man to be unemployed than the woman. Men with no money is a turn-off for women. What sort of places are designed to get laid (and still legal)?

(And the church crowd is definitely not a crowd I want to hang out with.)

Roger Mexico

MBTI Type
INTP

Click on the "first page" link (top right).

And have any of you been able to get laid while unemployed?

I imagine you need a job before you can have a sex life, right?

Um, you are in college, right? See my responses on your other thread.

Generally, sitting on your ass all day doing nothing doesn't make a person particular attractive. (Would you be into a girl that had no direction to her life or motivation to do anything?) The key is: yes, "what you do" is a huge part of who you are, or at least how other people are going to get to know who you are. You need to have an answer to the question "so, what do you do?" If your response is "I dunno, not much of anything," you're not going to arouse anyone's interest.

I know plenty of guys who are broke and unemployed and have girlfriends. But they're students, artists, musicians
or otherwise involved in activities that express who they are and what they want or intend to do with their lives. "I'm just an amorphous lump of flesh that sits around consuming food and playing Bioshock because life is confusing and people don't like me" isn't going to get you anywhere.

Who have you heard this from? Generally speaking, your level of sexual experience is a negligibly minor factor in a relationship. Once she knows you well enough to know she wants to screw you, she's going to make every reasonable effort to make it happen. I wouldn't worry so much about it.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Uber- are you trying to make me pull all of my hair out in frustration?

if a girl likes you it doesn't matter whether or not you have a job OR if you have sex experience! If you're a student you're on your path to getting a job, and the less experience you have the less bad habits she'll have to train out of you! :D

Usehername

On a mission
And have any of you been able to get laid while unemployed? Here's another problem that's killing me. If you've read my blog, you'll know that I'm struggling to find a job. But so far, I've been turned down. I imagine you need a job before you can have a sex life, right? And this is something I want to at least try before I hit 23 so I can feel less insecure, but I need the money first.

I mentioned to the mods to move post 76 and beyond to my blog.

And the derail was not my fault...this is just a subject that really gets to me.

Uber, why do you place your self-image in all of this? No one knows how many sexual partners you have had until you tell them. Confidence (not cockyness) is attractive and has associated traits.
For instance: I occasionally take the bus with someone I know from elementary school. She totally assumes I get laid a lot based solely on the basis of my "normalness" (i.e. I don't give off the vibes you think you give off). (I don't imply that I get around, I just don't want to talk about sexual behaviors with her, and she assumes this. We're not that close.)

I will credit you a little more weirdness than me deemed solely on our personal differences, but I'm also an INTJ female, which puts us almost equal on the balance scales.

Difference between us? Not much except for attitude and where we place our self-worth. People can see right through that. As soon as you start believing you're awesome, other people will see it too. (Assuming you get out there a little and balance your life a bit.)

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
Sex is so overrated. What is important are the relationships you form. Sex is just icing on the cake. If you are going out in the world with the intention of getting laid, then I feel you are doing it ass backward. And first times are supposed to suck, otherwise you wouldn't have such fantastic nostalgic memories thinking back.

It's like when you first are learning to ride a bike. You may need training wheels and you are almost guaranteed to fall down a few times and get bloodied up, but then you get the feel for it and it comes naturally and is one of the most exhilarating feelings in life. A virgin is like someone who has never ridden a bike. Everyone is nervous and a little scared the first time they do it, and its a good thing because it's part of the experience and something everyone shares. And just like sex, you can't really describe the experience of riding a bike, it's just something someone has to do to grasp the feeling.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I think some of the questions were worded awkwardly. Particularly the right to life question, as abortion and euthanasia are two completely different topics that people don't always share the same opinion on.

sassafrassquatch

FMWarner said:
I think some of the questions were worded awkwardly. Particularly the right to life question, as abortion and euthanasia are two completely different topics that people don't always share the same opinion on.

Those should definitely be separate options. I think it also lacks a distinction between "I choose to abstain from X" and "X is always wrong for everyone and should be illegal".

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Not to jump the thread from all the things great with sex (man, we got some sex crazed posters up in here...:rolli:)

But:

Being intolerant to any behavior that may destroy individuals, families, and our culture.

Oh hell no I can't agree with this. This is the most xenophobic, ethnocentric, culturally homogenous etc.etc.etc. insidious kind paranoia and hate masked behind a benign, feel-good veneer of 'family values'. Who exactly is included in 'our culture'. Who's speaking and behalf of whom? I highly doubt that I or 'my people' (or even you) are included in this 'our' so no thank you.

I will fight to protect and uphold the basic human rights (and OMG people, I do not consider 'the right to smoke indoors in public places' to be covered under that) regardless of what or whose culture someone is from or identify with.

See, the problem with this 'which do you agree with' thread is knowing where these stated values come from, I cannot divorce them their real meaning and the agenda they serve. I know some of these stated traditional values seem so harmless or even wholesome but I know better.

I abstain. Hahah, well no I actually I don't actually abstain abstain but you get the picture.

Damn...look what you bunch of perverts have done to me! I will say this for the 4th or 5th time until it becomes my tagline and immediately associated with me but -- I am a L-A-D-Y.

That is my traditional value.

MBTI Type
INTJ
See, the problem with this 'which do you agree with' thread is knowing where these stated values come from, I cannot divorce them their real meaning and the agenda they serve. I know some of these stated traditional values seem so harmless or even wholesome but I know better.

But the agenda only goes as far as the person who espouses the particular opinion. These values can be harmless or wholesome if the person in question lives them in this way. For instance, just because some company lies and tells me "your time is valuable to us" doesn't mean that I cannot be heartfelt when I express a similar sentiment to a friend. To say that you know better is to assume everyone is out to get you.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
But the agenda only goes as far as the person who espouses the particular opinion. These values can be harmless or wholesome if the person in question lives them in this way. For instance, just because some company lies and tells me "your time is valuable to us" doesn't mean that I cannot be heartfelt when I express a similar sentiment to a friend. To say that you know better is to assume everyone is out to get you.

:huh:

But the right wing IS out to get me.

And that's exactly where these values ad verbatim were lifted from.

I was speaking directly to the original question and the original source of these values.

So in this case, I do know better.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh hell no I can't agree with this. This is the most xenophobic, ethnocentric, culturally homogenous etc.etc.etc. insidious kind paranoia and hate masked behind a benign, feel-good veneer of 'family values'. Who exactly is included in 'our culture'. Who's speaking and behalf of whom? I highly doubt that I or 'my people' (or even you) are included in this 'our' so no thank you.

That's very much my issue too. Who says their view of what the culture should be is the right one?

And to support their POV, they often try to go back and say, "Here's what the Founding Fathers intended." But usually this is just scrounging for support for their concepts of what already they believe the country should be. And after all, the Founding Fathers have been dead for 200 years or so, the country is very different, and the world is very different; perhaps what was appropriate then is not appropriate now; and usually their view of the past is still a glorified one.

(Honestly, if Thomas Jefferson tried to become an elder on the board of an evangelical church, he'd most certainly be kicked out; and yet people keep appealing to him and his peers as if they would endorse conservative religion.)

It's just rather offensive that some people, instead of viewing the group in context, are so attached to their way of life that they not only disenfranchise those who disagree but also attach moral stigma to dissent... as if people who do not share their particular values are now degenerate in some way.