• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

strange dreams

yvonne

A passer by
MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
i have very strange dreams sometimes. it usually happens, if i've been thinking a lot recently, or going through something emotionally tiring in my life. i've talked about these dreams to people sometimes, but i've yet to encounter a person who shares this with me.

i'm talking about very strange dreams, which usually have many metaphorical and surreal things happening in them. dreams like that are also usually very vivid. i can remember the colors, which usually have some "meaning" and the mood very well after waking up.

they leave me confused, because i have no idea why, or how my brain comes up with these things.

for example, i remember this dream about wolves i had a while back. i was in the forest with some friends of mine and we were surrounded by black wolves. those wolves were intimidating and we fled to a cottage. then the door opened and two wolves came in, but those wolves were brown and blue and as they entered the cottage they brought a calm atmosphere with them.

is there anyone here who sees weird dreams, or knows something about/ is interested in dreams?

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Yeah My dreams talk to me.. in metaphorical terms.. things repeat and things are surreal.. things are vivid and I wake up thinking I need to understand what my subconscious is telling me..
Also my dreams can be a little precognitive.. especially under duress and when my emotional life is in turmoil ..
I dream of numbers a lot.. bridges, water ways and transportation.
I dream of dead people I haven't seen in years.. and of ex partners ..
My ex wife seems to have some sort of connection to my precognitive dreams.. when I dream of her and she tells me something.. something similar usually happens IRL ..
I can't pretend to make sense of it all.. and online dream interpretation guides are for the most part useless ..
I just try my best to interpret the message ..
some times the feeling I get from my dreams can last for days

yvonne

A passer by
MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
water in its different forms is also present very often in my dreams. i also often dream of different kinds of houses, transportation... and nature/ light/ the surroundings play a big part as well. when i'm under stress, i usually have a bridge i have to cross/ something i have to go through in my dreams. sometimes i dream about animals, as that wolf dream.

also, i have had certain items (in an important role) in my dreams that have no connection to my present reality, really. mirrors, make-up, shoes, scarfs, dresses...

i only remember having a real precognitive dream once... but i also have had certain themes repeatedly in my dreams.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
i don't think its appropriate to label dreams "weird" unless they are really boring, like imagine someone falls asleep and finds him sitting in school working on a multiple choice test for eight hours and then he wakes up, that would be weird *g*

well, i cant help with the interpretation.

its nice if it is possible to interpret dreams but i do not buy that someone, who knows it all, is playing hide and seek with us, giving us encrypted information to chew on. rather i think, that we just lack identification with a subtle or causal layer of intelligence, which creates those dreams, which is practically thinking up those dreams, you know where the meanings of symbols are obvious, like the meaning of words is rather obvious to the layer of mind that uses language. and the point is, that dreaming is not unlike thinking in how it is about trial and error, about exploring possibilities, seeking solutions, trying to make sense, to create closed circuits (images), so a dream wants to become an image that integrates all the little images, but it may fail. the purpose of the dream is to succeed. to create understanding, which is order. the dream does not necessarily have all those objective answers (yet), that we may try to find when when we interpret the dream. interpreting a dream is more like trying to remember, what you had in mind the day before, when you did something. i think so, because sometimes i tap into this layer of mind, that is above symbols and that is choosing them, playing with them. i am not experienced with it.

well, there are many types of dreams, many altered states of consciousness that happen during night, and nothing specific can be said, that is true for all of them.

Killjoy

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I had a (strange) dream last night...

It was about Werner Herzog remaking The Night of The Hunter. I don't remember the specific details, I just remember Herzog saying (In that Bavarian accent) "Don't worry, we'll take the children out of the oven before it gets too hot" - Cut to a shot of Kids in an oven. He also amputated my dog's paw - I don't remember why, but I'm sure he had a pretty good reason.

Gerbah

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w4
is there anyone here who sees weird dreams, or knows something about/ is interested in dreams?

Yes, I get all sorts of dreams. I'm very interested in them. From what I've read, and I personally agree, also from my experience of my own dreams, there are basically three different types of dreams.

Some are psychological, and to do with your personal processing of your thoughts, feelings, etc., things to do specifically with your psychology and how you experience it.

Some are false dreams, they are not to do with you and they are not true. They could be distressing or harmful.

Some dreams are true dreams, where what is seen is true. They can be useful. Like dreams where it then happens in waking life later, etc.

yvonne

A passer by
MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
i also have had objects in my dreams that don't really exist, like flying cars. sometimes i dream of plants/ rocks/ jewels and i feel like they have an important role in the dream. i also dream of written words that are important somehow... like once i dreamed that this man wrote two notes for me, on one it said "is success more important than friendship?"... and on the other one he wrote his name, my name and "mercy". i can also feel the texture of fabrics, or the rain and temperature in some of my dreams and i remember it afterwards.

i've also had those dreams where i know i am dreaming and can control what i do in the dream. i rarely dream of deceased people, but many times i dream of people from my past i never think about while awake and i get this feeling that they represent something in the dream.

i have these complicated scenes in my dreams in which i'm connected somehow. sometimes the people change, or my point of view changes.

also, sometimes i have dreamed of solutions/ new approaches to problems i have thought about while awake... and sometimes i have dreamed of a problem i haven't realized there was, but when i wake up i go and check and realize it was there... ?

nanook

a scream in a vortex
haha, just stumbled upon a poem about a dream of mine, from the year 2000

---
##the long march

in the night the demons come
not for the last time
and take you to their world
before you regret you crossed the line
the nasty place of untrue freedom
the worst of traps, you still try to enjoy
but when you are there
they already took your soul

they won't harm you
they just leave you alone
'cause the nature of their world
get's the rest done
---
can't ... well... can ... faintly ... remember that dream

garcia%20r%C3%BChr%20dich%20nicht%20vom%20fleck.jpg

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
I have some really strange dreams too! I live for them. It's like having an IMAX experience in my sleep.

What's even more strange is how common people share similar dreams. I usually like to Google up my dreams to read the interpretations. Reminds me of Joseph Campbell and his cross-cultural studies of the human mind in relation to archetypes..

Probably the weirdest dream I had had something to do with a yellow python, being sucked up into an underground whirlpool with no escape, and floating across a neighborhood oasis underneath a giant oak tree with a giant Buddha statue laying below. It was so rich, green, exotic and beautiful.

I dislike deceptive dreams where I'm winning the lottary, it feels so real that I'm totally diggin it, and then I wake up to realize that my brokeass just needs extra cash. :(

Oh, and dreams that actually happen IRL, prior to it happening? It's kinda eery, in a cool way..

Lark

I very much am interested in dreams and also consider dream interpretation important too, I think Jung is better than Freud on dreams too and they are the royal road to the unconscious.

Parrish

MBTI Type
infp
Dreams are terribly fascinating. This morning I remember dreaming of something that made me feel uneasy(but I don`t know what it was), but then I heard my dad talking on the phone in the next room and he was being really loud, so I got aware I was dreaming and calmed down. After that I dreamed of ships carying cargo across the sea (since that was what he was talking about the whole time I was asleep until I woke up half an hour alter). I pretty much heard the whole conversation, but I was still asleep.

dream interpretation can be quite spot on most of the time (if you don`t read about Freud and his obssession with the falic simbol which can be found in almost anything). The weirdest bad dream I ever had was probably the one I dreamt as a kid. I was in a very strict looking school, it was early evening and was empty. In there I got chased around by the devil. I remember he was red, had a trident and horns, but the face couldn`t be clearly seen. I escaped in the end. I still think it`s weird I dreamt of that, because I was never religious.

I frequently dream about animals. Oh and I`ve also had a couple wolf dreams (but they only started about a year ago). However, they were never threatening.

Iriohm

MBTI Type
INKP
Enneagram
5w4
I've been known to have weird dreams; not sure if I should say "often", since they usually pop up when I get a decent nights sleep, which is never. My subconscious is even crazier than I am (I suspect it's sentient, actually), so I can usually rip them off for story material if I remember enough.
Strangely, some of the environments are recurring: there's this large, building area, for instance, that looked like a present-day grocery store during an older dream, but that was decorated futuristically during a more present one, and when I say "decorated", I mean full deal. It was as if the room literally existed somewhere in my mind, but my subconscious had reused it the way movie producers reuse that abandoned industrial plant in wherever to shoot factory scenes. There are, in fact, several places in my mind that have had this happen.

yvonne

A passer by
MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
i usually don't remember that much of my dreams, sometimes not at all, but some of these strange dreams i can remember quite well.

and some of them could make for great movies, or music videos :D

like one time i dreamed of these mechanical birds. i could sort of see that as a surreal music video for a hard rock band, lol.

Iriohm

MBTI Type
INKP
Enneagram
5w4
Ah, those mechanical birds...huh, they sound familiar for some reason. Probably my subconscious messing with...actually, you know what? This.
Maybe turn down the volume a bit. It starts out kind of suddenly.

yvonne

A passer by
MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
those birds kind of made that kind of clicking noise :D

they looked a bit like flamingoes, with tall legs, but they had round heads and fire was coming out of their mouths. :p (they were pretty scary, it was a nightmare)

gromit

likes this
I had a dream the other night where I was cradling a grown man in my lap. He had long and tired limbs and was curled up like a child, sobbing with such a deep and terrible anguish of soul. The vulnerability I felt in him was nearly overwhelming.

Dreams seem to be one of the ways we process the information from the day (I think of when you run a defrag on computer) and also one of the ways our subconscious can communicate with our consciousness. I love when I can recall those vivid and powerful dreams because it gives me sort of a heads up on things I might be neglecting or unacknowledged feelings or that kind of thing.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
plenty of eyecandy from the realm of architecture, today. note to self: make photos, next time.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I had an apocalyptic dream today. :shock:

I had one a few weeks back. Absolutely wonderful. The sky and the ground was opening up, big trees falling and chaos and action all around. I, was buying Snickers to store up. :shock: