• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

School Children

Mole

Permabanned
Why do I find school children boring?

I think it's because they hate going to school, but are compelled by law to go every day.

And so they find it is lawful to hate themselves.

But self hatred is too much to bear, so they bury it deep and remain on the narcissistic surface.

They are drowning in their own hatred and hang on to infantile narcissism as a drowning man hangs onto driftwood.

For the last time they were not immersed in self hatred was when they were infants having their narcissistic needs meet unconditionally by their parents.

So how natural for self hating school children to return to infantile narcissism as a baby sucks its thumb.

But for those whose narcissistic needs were not met by unconditional love, school is bleak indeed.

You can see this clearly with the Japanese who have a very tough school system, but the Japanese parents, who know what is to come for their babies, indulge them and love them unconditionally to give them something to hang onto as they enter the competitive, school system. And it seems to work.

But here we have many school children who take self hatred for granted. And whose only reprieve is to poke at themselves with a fake personality test.

heart

heart on fire
Japan Today: Children's depression and suicide a worsening problem
Japan’s suicide rate is notoriously high. For the past decade it’s been above 30,000 a year. Overwhelmingly, suicide is an adult phenomenon—but not exclusively, and the clinical depression that generally underlies it, Shukan Asahi finds, is steadily trickling down the age scale. Hokkaido University professor Kenzo Denda, author of a book on children’s depression, has published research showing that one elementary school child in 12 suffers from the condition. Among junior high school students the rate is one in four...

Mole

Permabanned

Yes, the Japanese school system is tough and competitive and failure is apologised for by suicide.

But the fact that most Japanese school children don't commit suicide is a testament to the unconditional love bestowed on them by their parents before they go to school.

However a sensible person may ask is it necessary to subject our children to self hatred for twelve years.

And of course the answer will be increasingly, no. For each child can now learn to talk on the telephone, listen to the radio, watch television, dance to the ipod, and socially network on the computer, naturally at home. And so over time there will be far less need to go to school.

And so the taken-for-granted self hatred we see so openly displayed here will become a thing of the past.

heart

heart on fire
But the fact that most Japanese school children don't commit suicide is a testament to the unconditional love bestowed on them by their parents before they go to school...

One in four children depressed is a huge number. Sounds to me like their system has just as many walking wounded as anyone else's.

Mole

Permabanned
We seem to forget that narcissism in an adult is not self love, but self hatred.

And that the narcissism displayed here is self hatred.

But birds of a feather flock together drawn by a fake personality test that not only flatters their narcissism but seeks to perpetuate it.

This is very understandable as narcissism soothes their self hatred and prepares them for school the next day.

So its a very nice loop - self hatred and narcissism reinforce one another, are dependent on one another, and create a whole tribe of narcissistic self haters.

And interestingly, those who hate themselves, hate others as well.

heart

heart on fire
We seem to forget that narcissism in an adult is not self love, but self hatred.

And that the narcissism displayed here is self hatred.

But birds of a feather flock together drawn by a fake personality test that not only flatters their narcissism but seeks to perpetuate it.

This is very understandable as narcissism soothes their self hatred and prepares them for school the next day.

So its a very nice loop - self hatred and narcissism reinforce one another, are dependent on one another, and create a whole tribe of narcissistic self haters.

And interestingly, those who hate themselves, hate others as well.

I understand all of this, it is afterall your usual shtick. You could in fact save yourself keystrokes by just saying "my usual shtick here."

But I don't understand why you would hold the Japanese up as an example of a society that is immune to self hate. Their own experts disagree with you.

Mole

Permabanned

This is all very well for you but there are new members coming on here all the time who have never heard my shtick.

So why not give them a chance to hear a principled opposition for once.

Look, they come on here bored, they are boring, and without me they would remain bored.

And there is always the chance that some of them may catch fire and leave in ecstasy.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
This is all very well for you but there are new members coming on here all the time who have never heard my shtick.

Warner_Bros_Michigan_J_Frog-logo-1F45CED111-seeklogo.com.gif

Hello my baby... hello my darling...

G

Ginkgo

I think Victor has an odd obsession with little girls under oppressive circumstances, or little girls being mesmerized by MBTI, or little Japanese school girls who moan with butchered Engrish at MBTI.

S

Sniffles

I think Victor has an odd obsession with little girls under oppressive circumstances, or little girls being mesmerized by MBTI, or little Japanese school girls who moan with butchered Engrish at MBTI.

Victor loves children.
awesome_face0.png

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Why do I find school children boring?

Because you should hang out with people on your own maturity level?

I think it's because they hate going to school, but are compelled by law to go every day.

I think it's because you need friends in your own age group.

And so they find it is lawful to hate themselves.

But self hatred is too much to bear, so they bury it deep and remain on the narcissistic surface.

They are drowning in their own hatred and hang on to infantile narcissism as a drowning man hangs onto driftwood.

For the last time they were not immersed in self hatred was when they were infants having their narcissistic needs meet unconditionally by their parents.

So how natural for self hating school children to return to infantile narcissism as a baby sucks its thumb.

But for those whose narcissistic needs were not met by unconditional love, school is bleak indeed.

Do you think it's self-hatred, or just being spoiled brats?

You can see this clearly with the Japanese who have a very tough school system, but the Japanese parents, who know what is to come for their babies, indulge them and love them unconditionally to give them something to hang onto as they enter the competitive, school system. And it seems to work.

Ummm...what heart said.

But here we have many school children who take self hatred for granted. And whose only reprieve is to poke at themselves with a fake personality test.

Do you need a hug Victor? :hug:

Mole

Permabanned
Because you should hang out with people on your own maturity level?

I think it's because you need friends in your own age group.

Do you think it's self-hatred, or just being spoiled brats?

Do you need a hug Victor? :hug:

There are no age groups any more. We are all one in the noosphere.

And I think it is much deeper than being spoiled. I think it is structural self hatred. I think it is ressentiment.

And I started the free hug movement on campus and I am all hugged out.

But I couldn't resist one more hug from you, dear Marmalade.

ubiquitous1

So why not give them a chance to hear a principled opposition for once.

Look, they come on here bored, they are boring, and without me they would remain bored.

And there is always the chance that some of them may catch fire and leave in ecstasy.

Please, by all means, continue with your anti-MBTI song and dance. It would be a great loss, for members new and old, if you were to stop your ubiquitous digs of MBTI.:yes:

G

Ginkgo

There are no age groups any more. We are all one in the noosphere.

And I think it is much deeper than being spoiled. I think it is structural self hatred. I think it is ressentiment.

And I started the free hug movement on campus and I am all hugged out.

But I couldn't resist one more hug from you, dear Marmalade.

Victor, will there be an abolition of old law, and reformation of noosphere law?

Mole

Permabanned
Victor, will there be an abolition of old law, and reformation of noosphere law?

I hope it will be slow incremental change so that we can all successfully adapt to it.

The printing press was invented in 1440 and it took hundreds of years for free, compulsory and secular education to be introduced by law.

And the electric telegraph was invented only in 1840 and we have had many electronic inventions since, such as the telephone, radio, TV, ipod, computers and the internet.

And we are still getting our heads around the change from print to electronic communication.

For instance what you are reading now is not print but electronic text. So how does etext change you, as opposed to a printed book?

The Law is very slow to change but first we need to change our minds, and start to see how we are slowly changing every day as we move from a print culture to an electronic culture.

O

Oberon

The printing press was invented in 1440 and it took hundreds of years for free, compulsory and secular education to be introduced by law.

It's not free, nor is it absolutely required to be secular... however, I do agree that it is compulsory.