• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Be Careful What You Wish For...

KDude

I am a big believer in making my dreams come to life.

If I wish for something, that means that I am initiating a series of thoughts and activities which I will execute until my wish is realized.

Because of that, I am aware that my want for something will result in work on my part in attaining it.

Then I think about the work, and determine if the wish being realized is worth the effort. If it is, I do what i need to make it happen. If it isn't, I let it be at that, and move on.

There is a big difference between wishing for something and having the magic of the universe grant it to you without any work on your part, and recognizing a wish as an internally synthesized desire that compels you to do the work necessary in making it happen.

I can't think of any major event in my life that I busted my ass to make happen, and regretted it later. :happy:

I agree with most of this..

I can't think of fulfilled wishes as anything that just came to me. I implemented what it took to get them, and so, in a way, can't really regret the outcome. If it turned out to be not what I wanted in the end, it's my fault for creating the situation. Half of the time though I catch the warning signs early, and discard it early enough to not cause too much harm.. Like, "Damn, what did I get myself into." :D

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Seriously, seconds before opening the philosophy forum I was listening to these words on the radio "Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it all." And thought to myself, yeah right, what's that got to do with wishing for it. That ain't worth pondering about.

And I spot this thread, instantly after that.

Freaky.

Every time I see the title of this thread that dang song starts running through my head over and over.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm blessed with a weak auditory memory.

Only simple kiddy tunes get stuck in my head... ..Oh dang it, that's not better is it?

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I don't wish for anything .. Although i am grateful for the opportunities that come my way. Saying that, i get bored easily so look at other options/avenues for different experiences.

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
Who am I today and who am I tomorrow? At the heart of yearning is a inability to facilitate transformation from within - nor to deal with external transformation. The poor man knows how it feels to be poor and wishes to be rich; moreover, he has not the skills to anticipate how he will deal with dramatic change.

The rich man often knows how it feels to be poor. His skill is not that he makes money; his skill is that he makes his own luck. Ironic, then, that he might yearn for his days of poverty back in a rough neighbourhood, or slumming it as a student or bumming lifts around the country. But he can no more have that than a nuclear bomb can be uninvented.

So when a fellow wishes, the wishing is a therapy and is divorced from the win. The win presents the woefully unprepared with an entirely new set of problems.

The lottery winner is a good example. Winning a large sum can seriously damage your health.

Let me google that for you

Happy easter bunnies.

:)

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It has happened several times.
I'm horribly careful about what I wish for.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm actually sure of what I wish for.