• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What do you quest for in life?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Wolfy - I never think about it as a quest for my life.. but I am forever in search of myself.. what makes me who I am.. Awesome reply.

Cafe - I am NOT laughing!! I have very similar goals in mind. :)

RK - I like this post. ;) Good luck finding your wife!

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
I asked someone the other day what they wanted out of life.. and they told me "Happiness and peace." .. I thought this was really odd, since I don't look hard for either of those things.

This is pretty much what I would say.

I need only look inside myself, and at my surroundings to be at peace and truly happy.

And this is almost inconceivable.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
;)

0808-0710-2914-5122.jpg

• raise kids to be ethical and employable (don't laugh)
  • maintain marriage
  • don't spend more than we earn so I don't have to be a cart lady at Walmart when I'm 70

I'm laughing at the third one.

:laugh:

I spent my 20s questing and achieving academic and professional success. Then I found I quested for,

Relationships for most of my 30s. Relationships with family, with friends, and with others. Then I found the desire to quest faded away.

And now I just am. I just live. If I try to quest, I am invariably let down because the quest never manifests how I want it to.

Now I don't quest. But I am happy.

Lark

I'm laughing at the third one.

:laugh:

I spent my 20s questing and achieving academic and professional success. Then I found I quested for,

Relationships for most of my 30s. Relationships with family, with friends, and with others. Then I found the desire to quest faded away.

And now I just am. I just live. If I try to quest, I am invariably let down because the quest never manifests how I want it to.

Now I don't quest. But I am happy.

There's a lot to be said for the lower case utopia of family, home and work.

Anabel

MBTI Type
isfj
Enneagram
9w1
I quest for two main things:

a). to raise three children

b). to make a difference in the world - specifically through research (I am a health professional), but also through real world practice

I like to think of the above as 'my personal legend' (The Alchemist).

It would also be great if I could get to know who I really am. I am very confused about this at this point in time.

Lark

No way man, if we have to have a purpose and self-actualise before we get sex then we're all going to be waiting a long time!! You have any idea how rare or limited a group of people those who have self-actualised in Maslow's theory are?

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I have little mini-quests like helping the 'less fortunate' pack out city council and school board meetings and stuff like that in order get things done in my community. It's sort of a part of my broad, nebulous mission in life to promote social justice, but I prioritize my other quests. Screwing up my own life in pursuit of making others' lives better would be counterproductive.

milkyway2

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
?
I have a quest for knowledge. And I know it's a never-ending quest but it's the only one I want to do.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Irresponsibility, unaccountability, hedonism and self-congratulation.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
No way man, if we have to have a purpose and self-actualise before we get sex then we're all going to be waiting a long time!! You have any idea how rare or limited a group of people those who have self-actualised in Maslow's theory are?

For you maybe, I can do it in a day. :alttongue:

Lark

I been reviewing some of my books which make me think about this, I dont really understand self-actualisation besides becoming contented, which I'm not sure it is, and I did decide that I liked the idea in both Orwell and Simone Weil about seeking to eradicate unnecessary or avoidable poverty, ignorance and suffering but I keep coming back to the idea of "Living Life With a Capital L", I'm not sure what it means exactly though.

It branches out from a quote that I remember from years ago about filling your days with life not your life with days, so how do you do that? Or what does that involve? Could that be considered a quest?

I'm also ambivalent as to whether or not it would just result in more consumerism or impulse buying in the present day and age.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
chicks understanding, growth, fun