• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What do you quest for in life?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I asked someone the other day what they wanted out of life.. and they told me "Happiness and peace." .. I thought this was really odd, since I don't look hard for either of those things. I need only look inside myself, and at my surroundings to be at peace and truly happy.

I quest for different things entirely.. So. What do you want out of life? How did you get to that conclusion? And, where are you at in your journey right now? Where do you want to be?

P

Phantonym

Talking to a good friend about a month ago made me realize that I have a passion for calm and everything that I do or have ever done has been in search of that. This does not, by any means, indicate that I completely lack ambition in life but I've always felt a deep need to march to the beat of my own drum and I channel my ambition towards finding that calm.

That was kind of an eye opener because up to this point I've always felt guilty of not wanting to be a part of and almost rebelling against the "rat race" as I see most of the world doing. Well, to each their own but to me it's always been a source of negative stress. And in a way it continues to be so but lately I've also felt some kind of a shift towards the positive.

However, it's either fortunate or unfortunate that I also think that the quest is never going to end. Well, eventually it will. But I see that as a part of the progress and something that can be used to create positivity rather than negativity. If that makes any sense at all. :)

Mole

Permabanned
Fish

What a good question!

I am questing for my true self. I first discovered my true self as a child. I was lucky. I had parents who loved and cared for me and educated me.

However as I moved into adolescence I moved into a hostile environment at boarding school, Chevalier College to be exact, which did the worst thing possible and made me doubt my true self.

So then I spent my early adulthood trying to find our what was wrong with me. But it turns out there isn't much wrong with me except that I am have a high response to stimulae.

Then I went to University and discovered University did not care a scrap for my true self.

Then I fell in love with Ruth and tragically discovered that not even Ruth was interested in my true self.

And on the way I discovered that neither bureaucracy, political parties, unions, churches nor even friends were interested in my true self.

So the only thing to do was to make myself independent.

So here I am, standing on my own two feet, prepared and ready to discover my true self.

So I cast back to my true self of childhood, and then I cast forward into the future to see what fish I might catch.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i like this question too. i'm a naturally happy and peaceful person too and don't feel the need to search for that. i just really want to follow my dreams professionally and explore love and life passionately...travel and make good memories with people i love while doing the work i love.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
^ I think this is what I yearn for as well. Life itself. To challenge myself, see everything, experience everything.. touch, and feel, and get into people's heads..

G

garbage

I quest for a high-quality sub sandwich, made completely underwater.

I also want one frozen rose on my desk.

KDude

I'm with the both of you (Lady X and kyuuei). I feel I'm a survivor and can find contentment. I'm think I'm already capable of finding enough inner happiness.. Not ultimate happiness, but enough. Externally though, I just want to find love, professional security, and thirdly, adventure. I'm not uber ambitious professionally, so I'd just say I'm looking for security - just enough to make that "adventure" thing more possible :D

wolfy

awsm
I think I quest for an understanding of myself. An understanding of me and the dynamic I bring. The way things work. That has been a big part of my life and thinking.

I also quest for food and drink at all hours. Sometimes I go on a quest for drink at 2am... or a toasted sandwich.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^^ haha...my quest for life.. food n drink...i like it. :)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
mydftgr7.jpg

uxle5w4q.jpg

KDude

i'm about to quest for a sandwich myself. i need coffee at 2 AM too.. i have drunk friends to tend to. :p

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
0808-0710-2914-5122.jpg

• raise kids to be ethical and employable (don't laugh)
  • maintain marriage
  • don't spend more than we earn so I don't have to be a cart lady at Walmart when I'm 70

Tycho

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Not happiness: whenever I focus on something outside me that I love, which I do whatever I want to, I feel extremely happy and peaceful. That is nice, but killing for my ambition.

Rather than pursuing happiness, I pursue a certain intensity of feeling, and a sense of intimacy with others. However, this is my natural interest (I'm sx/so). From a more rational, detached point of view, I can be interested in achieving something concrete, but that never gives me a lot of satisfaction; I think achieving things is only part of my "quest" because I want to be attractive for others.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
well, yeah, happiness is kind of a cheat for an answer, because if your happy things are probably going at least somewhat right... but I want happiness nonetheless :cheese:

I also want adventure- which I blame for having always read National Geographic and fairy tales and my obsession with travel channel shows involving food and exotic locations :yes:

I want to continue the happy, peaceful existance I've had with my SO as well- that's worth putting some effort towards :)

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I quest for truth.
I quest for the hidden secrets not yet known to public.
I quest for spirit.
I quest for my ideal self.
I quest for what is right.
I quest for time.
I quest for my wife.
I don't quest for what i already have. I don't quest for what I know.