• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Beauty, the Supernatural and MBTI

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
Paradox is to be accepted.

When Archie jumped in the bath he solved the problem. How.

By relaxing.

You're a pleasure to read, Victor.

Your chum,

Matt.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This thread is like a man stuck in the middle of a desert struggling to stay alive as much as possible and always lucky enough to find some way to do it.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The fact is that I can't dispel MBTI. So MBTI is a magic pudding - the more I eat the more there is - the more I try to dispel MBTI with evidence and reason, the stronger the spell of MBTI gets.

In fact the only way to dispel MBTI is with a greater spell. And alas evidence and reason cast no spell at all.

So all I can do is act as the Other making the spell of MBTI stronger and stronger.

I am the Sorcerer's Apprentice.

So then who is the old sorcerer?

I'm not so down on all of this being nonsense because your thinking behind this is rather creative (even if the dots aren't connected correctly) and some of the ideas behind what you're saying are important. They just don't have anything to do with MBTI as it is utilized today. What will happen in 30 or 40 years though - I don't know.

Mole

Permabanned
To infinity, man.

It's the never-ending-conversation. We can dip into it when we like, and leave when we need a rest. But it is always there waiting for us to simply say something or nothing at all, for what would we be without lurkers.

It babbles on like a bubbling stream, sometimes friendly, sometimes a little terse, and sometimes it will even throw you up on the bank for there is no force like moving water - or the moving word.

Sometimes we have a picnic and sometimes a race, but summer or winter, day or night, it is our ever present friend bubbling away.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
It's the never-ending-conversation. We can dip into it when we like, and leave when we need a rest. But it is always there waiting for us to simply say something or nothing at all, for what would we be without lurkers.

It babbles on like a bubbling stream, sometimes friendly, sometimes a little terse, and sometimes it will even throw you up on the bank for there is no force like moving water - or the moving word.

Sometimes we have a picnic and sometimes a race, but summer or winter, day or night, it is our ever present friend bubbling away.

Uh oh, it looks like the Victor has been fully pacified...

And the dragon has been slayed.

wank

MBTI Type
free
Enneagram
nope
I read this thread primarily for victors posts. They make me smile, Inever know what's coming next(maybe an idea...).

Thoughts on MBTI at this point:
Pro 20:24 - Man's goings [are] of the LORD; how can a man then understand his own way?

Rom 12:16 - [Be] of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.

Rom 12:2 - And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

1Cr 1:10 - Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and [that] there be no divisions among you; but [that] ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

Hmmm, more to the core of it: Does it glorify God, or is it centered on man?

Thoughts on Victor:
I'm pretty sure I don't trust sorcerers, or their apprentices...

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Both physics and biology show that we don't need more to explain more.

Fundamental laws and chance are sufficient.

But very powerful institutions use the supernatural against the vulnerable.

In the same way that very powerful institutions use MBTI against the vulnerable.

In seventy years there has not been one double blind test of MBTI, so it is reasonable to say that MBTI is completely superfluous to understanding personality.

In the same way that the supernatural is superfluous to understanding reality.

But what is most striking is how ugly the supernatural and MBTI are.

And what is worse is by following the supernatural and MBTI we become ugly ourselves.

We have found in physics and biology that following beauty is the best way to understand the world and ourselves.
MBTI is a beauty.