• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Nothing, infinity, and everything inbetween

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nothing is an illusion our minds in the physical context of space time create.

Zero is actually "something" because we are able to assign it a value of definition?

Doe a rock have such a luxury?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ignoring the obvious mathemetical insinuations. I find the concept of nothing, in its absolute form, most intruiging.

Logic tells us there was once a beginning. And that before 'creation', there was (not in the sense of existance) absolute nothing. (No space, no blackness, no universe, no time, absolute nothing.)

We also know for a fact, that this is not the case now, as evidenced by our presence.

We also know that the concept of space is not finite in our existance. That there can not be any borders in terms of space, for if there were, everything would collapse. There may be borders in measurable magnetic influence. Perhaps matter as we know it would seize to exist if you go far enough. But as magnetism is parabolic, it's reach is too infinite. Wether measurable or not. So we may be able to define an 'edge' by our dimensional standards. But there's no true end of existance. There can't be absolute nothing, for absolute nothing can not exist in an absolutely existing universe.

Anyways for some reason, the creation of space (and time as its measurement) must have been a logical result of absolute nothing. So in one instant, the first instant in all of history in fact, nothing exploded into infinite space. Like, elementary.

The funny thing is, there is no center in space. As it's infinite, sprung from nothingness, there can be no center or start point. So it was created equally at every location? Why does known celestial bodies appear to be moving apart? Is the birth of magnetism, the stabilizer of the universe, the reason matter sprung from one single location?

But then, there's like, where did the electrons, neutrons and protons come from? Were they a natural result of stabilisation of our dimension? A method of controlling infinite space without causing it to collapse?

Either way, nothing is not nothing anymore. To us it is now a concept. Its existance, or lack thereof, is no source of understanding for us. The instant it all began is what's interesting. What was before that is of no interest at all.

Munchies

MBTI Type
XNXP
Enneagram
OMG
Instinctual Variant
sx
Ignoring the obvious mathemetical insinuations. I find the concept of nothing, in its absolute form, most intruiging.

Logic tells us there was once a beginning. And that before 'creation', there was (not in the sense of existance) absolute nothing. (No space, no blackness, no universe, no time, absolute nothing.)

We also know for a fact, that this is not the case now, as evidenced by our presence.

We also know that the concept of space is not finite in our existance. That there can not be any borders in terms of space, for if there were, everything would collapse. There may be borders in measurable magnetic influence. Perhaps matter as we know it would seize to exist if you go far enough. But as magnetism is parabolic, it's reach is too infinite. Wether measurable or not. So we may be able to define an 'edge' by our dimensional standards. But there's no true end of existance. There can't be absolute nothing, for absolute nothing can not exist in an absolutely existing universe.

Anyways for some reason, the creation of space (and time as its measurement) must have been a logical result of absolute nothing. So in one instant, the first instant in all of history in fact, nothing exploded into infinite space. Like, elementary.

The funny thing is, there is no center in space. As it's infinite, sprung from nothingness, there can be no center or start point. So it was created equally at every location? Why does known celestial bodies appear to be moving apart? Is the birth of magnetism, the stabilizer of the universe, the reason matter sprung from one single location?

But then, there's like, where did the electrons, neutrons and protons come from? Were they a natural result of stabilisation of our dimension? A method of controlling infinite space without causing it to collapse?

Either way, nothing is not nothing anymore. To us it is now a concept. Its existance, or lack thereof, is no source of understanding for us. The instant it all began is what's interesting. What was before that is of no interest at all.

OMG i cant beleive it, someone realising they have to ignore the mathemetical insinuations of 0!!!

I would imagine that mass is made of energy, due to an atom which has more energy, actually weighs more. A;sp, with the point made with all my equations and stuff, it would seem that there would be unliited universes, inside each other. therefore unlimited energy. Which would make sense since absolute nothing would be a negative form of infinity, and since time would move forward, it would allow this none existant infinity to existance, bursting out with unlimited "energy", whatever that is anyways.

You seem to have a point about the universe not having having one specific origin point, because how can infinity hhave a start point? that would indicate that it would have an ending point, and it couldnt, since it is infinity. Rather i think, as i think i mentioned in my origional post, that it would expand like a sphere/bubble, expanding in every way possible from the point of inflation, the point of inflation would probably be in the center.