• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Misandry, Misogyny and Misanthropy?

Lark

Which do you think is prevailent and most problematic? Do you think any of them is normative in our society or in particular faith communities or ethnic communities? Are they interrelated or autonomous of one another?

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't perceive people who are spiritual or of a particular ethnic group to be more prone to gender hatred than others. It seems widespread to me. Hate will always exist. There's something about it that is naturally occurring to humans it seems. Once you run out of reasons to hate a gender or people in general then the hatred turns inwards and you start hating yourself. Hate does not seem to dissipate after you're done hating certain people or groups of people, hate is more like an insatiable parasite that just grows bigger and bigger until it destroys you too.

Lily Bart

MBTI Type
INFP
They are all ways of creating an "us vs. them" mentality, and to the extent that some religious sects and some groups in society use them to define themselves, they are prevalent. My experience with mainstream Protestantism seems to be to avoid thinking in "us vs. them" terms as much as possible and see the things individuals and groups have in common and that can unite rather than segregate or separate.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Once you run out of reasons to hate a gender or people in general then the hatred turns inwards and you start hating yourself.

I see it as the other way round, people start out hating themselves and then project that outwards onto others.