• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Spending types?

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I can be a cheap bastard and spot a bargain a mile away but i do have moments where i think screw it and i'll spend a lot of cash and feel great for it .. Now granted the items i buy are usually for other people so i must remember to find balance soon and spend lots of cash on ME :D

What shoes and bags .. OK then :devil:

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I cloyingly purchase food.
It is dsgusting how much I have spent and can spend. Though I do not regret it.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am always conscious of my spending. I'm not impulsive at all with material things. If I need something I don't hesitate, but not much falls into the need category for me.

I'm pretty much the same. I'm aware of everything I spend, and keep to a budget. I'm really disciplined with that sort of thing. I think it started out as more of a necessity, as right out of college I had an hourly job that paid little, so every little thing mattered; and I guess once my salary started increasing my spending habits didn't change - it's more of a lifestyle at this point. :)

I tend not to buy much of anything outside of actual necessities like rent/food/bills, except for maybe $50/month for stuff like going out for coffee or a meal with a friend. Everything else goes into savings, and savings is utilized for traveling or it just stays in savings. Traveling/experiences are my priority when it comes to 'luxuries' - not things.

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
I keep my spare change in a secret pocket, hidden in a little bag.

ScorpioINTP

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6-5
What are you like spending? Do you allow yourself to be impulsive and buy what you want or do you find your conscience inhibits you?

I'm frugal and practical. I save for emergencies and rainy days and occasionally treat myself to a new toy/vacation splurge. So yes, my conscience inhibits me. Being unemployed amplifies this too.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
First rule is quality over quantity.

Somethings you can get the cheap stuff and be fine, others you hurt yourself being cheap.

But usually I get what I like.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm cautious with money. I always make some money stashed away for emergencies. I don't overspend on frivolous things. I'm not overly stingy either and I will make minor impulse purchases but I always make sure that I have enough money left over to cover for unexpected emergencies. I pay my bills in full each month. I minimize debt for two reasons. I don't like the idea of owing people things. Second, the interest rates on credit cards are astronomical and if you're not careful you could just be spiralling into a deeper and deeper debt hole. The only debt I have right now is my student loan payment. I tend to prefer buying practical and functional things to things that just look nice but don't serve much useful purpose. That's not to say I'll only buy hideously ugly but functional things. I do care about the looks of things like my car and furniture to some extent but I'm not about to pay a substantially greater amount of money on it just because it looks better.

I feel like an ISTJ right now. :blush:

erm

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Credit cards are great if you use them right. They can save a fair bit of money with the random bonuses they have, and as long as you pay off the bill when it arrives, don't incur any interest. The best thing being how they boost your credit rating if you use them like this. Makes for a much better mortgage or what-have-you done the line.

All for no extra cost, except the added temptation to spend money you don't have.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
i think my spending habits are quite healthy. i do buy small stuff impulsively if i got the money for that, but i do stop and think about it, so maybe its more like that impulsion drives me, but i dont necessarily act on them. i try to live in modest ways in general, so that i would have some money left for fun things too. i think im reasonably good on handling money

syndatha

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
I'm a spender... I'm also very generous with other people.
If I'm cold, I typically don't go home to get a jacket, I buy a new one :blush:
I try to dicipline myself, but I can spend ridiculous amounts of money :yes:

Curator

Another awesome member.
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
Im quite careful with my money, but will treat myself or loved ones occasionally... when decing on large purchases I carefully weigh the pros and cons, although sometimes I may slightly fudge the pros to make it a tad bit better...at least ive noticed this trend.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think I spurge the most on food. I have weak will power around food. With everything else I'm pretty bargain conscience and never spend what I don't have, or get into debt. I save as much money as I can and my bills always get paid first and on time.

One thing I haven't done yet but long to do is travel and see the world. And I know that's expensive. I'm looking into ways to keep the costs low.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I hate to spend money... it makes me feel uncomfortable not to have it there :unsure:

however, I have no qualms about spending money on food or an occasional gift for a friend or loved one, but I don't usually like to spend much on myself for some reason :thelook:

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I can spend the shit out of some cash when the time calls for it.

[YOUTUBE="gaCK5P2pnCk"]Money isn't real[/YOUTUBE]

rav3n

I follow my budget which ensures there's a specific amount saved, based on a comfortable retirement formula, as well as an emergency fund for large ticket items like home repair or replacement of appliances, etc. Within the budgetary amount, bills and necessities are deducted. Whatever's left within the budgetary amount can be spent in any way.

But I don't waste money on trendy "must haves" like Louis Vuitton bags or Louboutin shoes. My preference leans to well-cut, well tailored, good fabric, timeless clothing or if casual, comfortable.

My soft spot is driving experience. Cannot stand driving crappy cars. Perform or go home.

93JC

I only spend a fraction of what I make (net). I think this has come as a result of having observed my parents, who fritter away their money very, very quickly.

The most expensive thing I own is a car. All the other 'toys' (computer, TV, stereo, etc.) are second-hand and old. I don't like buying things. I agonize over purchases; it took me two years to find a car I wanted. I've been trying to find a new pair of shoes for three months.

I don't really have a budget though, just an aversion to spending money.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What are you like spending? Do you allow yourself to be impulsive and buy what you want or do you find your conscience inhibits you?
I avoid spending more than necessary on things. If I can get something at a bargain, or even used in a thift store, I do. On the other hand, I will willingly buy new and even costly items if I have a real need for them, and they are worth it (good quality, suitable to my purposes, etc.) I rarely buy on impulse, especially for more costly purchases. I determine what I want, and research available options carefully. The only exception to this is relatively inexpensive gifts for others. I am not stingy about more expensive gifts, just tend to research them ahead of time as well. To me, this is not so much a matter of conscience, as making wise use of available resources; ensuring I have enough money to cover emergencies, as well as making sure the things I buy will be satisfactory in the long run.

HotpinkHeatwave

MBTI Type
ENFP
I'm extremely indecisive, even when it comes to buying something I really want. I'll grab something off the shelf, and then maybe twenty minutes later, i'll get all indecisive and put it back, then 20 minutes later. Sometimes I may go back a second time to get it again. I just hate spending my own money.

The indecisiveness comes from the "Do I just WANT it, or do I NEED it?" factor.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm extremely indecisive, even when it comes to buying something I really want. I'll grab something off the shelf, and then maybe twenty minutes later, i'll get all indecisive and put it back, then 20 minutes later. Sometimes I may go back a second time to get it again. I just hate spending my own money.

The indecisiveness comes from the "Do I just WANT it, or do I NEED it?" factor.
Me too. I can stand there agonizing forever over whether I should get it (will I use it? love it? will it break? is this a good value? do I have one already? is it really worth X dollars?....etc), even if it's just a few dollars. The biggest thing is value and my predicted future use/enjoyment of it compared to other options. There are often better options. So I love second hand stores...although there it can be easy to buy things you won't use.

I don't have a budget since I don't have a large income or many fixed expenses (just rent and bottom-of-the-line phone) so it tends to seem like more trouble than it's worth, although it's a good habit that I probably should get into sometime. I tend to spend relatively little, though. My one big expense is food where I probably spend more money than most people on groceries, although I don't eat out or go to bars/clubs much (maybe 1-2 times a month on average).

If I had more money I'd probably splurge a bit more, but not extreme amounts. I don't feel deprived now.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
I buy things in hopes of taking it back.