• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

If you....

T

ThatGirl

Died and found out there really was a god, and you are standing before him. What would your argument be? How do you think you would be judged?

Timeless

Playnerd
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Argument: Who are you? Why did I have to die to see you? What's the purpose? Why did we invented the word why if you didn't want us to ask this and more questions buddy ol' pal?

Judgement: Not hell, or heaven, just he'll kick my ass back to Earth for another lesson.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
That depends. On what factors do I think he is judging me? What do I think he finds favorable?

human101

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx
i reckon will god will will be impressed by the people who have challenged him but have still lived a good decent life. The people who just want to know if there is a god or not just for the sake of knowing will be respected by any real god.

lol sometimes i think that maybe it will turn out god is a objectivist.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Questions like this are why it is important to become at peace with yourself, and how you are living your life.

Once you accomplish that, I believe the path to salvation is simply a matter of moving forward and being thankful for each day, meeting your responsibilities to yourself and those that are dependent on you (if any), and using your gifts for the greater good. I would live my life this way whether final judgement by the Almighty was known to be certain OR known to be a non-issue. I live that way for ME. I like to sleep well at night. :yes:

I do not know when I will breathe my final breath. I cannot plan as to what I need to accomplish to be considered worthty in the eyes of the Almighty by trying to accomplish "X" amount of good by date "Y."

All I can do is live each day to the fullest, and live it the right way, to the best of my ability.

As I understand it, only the penitent man shall pass through the pearly gates. I truly am sorry for whatever transgressions I am not able to close out of my book of business before my passing, and I think that the Almighty will accept a sincere apology, because it is coming from someone who is less than perfect...a human.

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
My argument? I would argue virtually everything under the sun, and quite a few things that aren't. If god has infinite time and has chosen to speak with me personally, oh trust me I'll be having a nice long conversation XD

How will I be judged though? Well all things considered, probably not too well, but hei, I did my best with whot tools and information I was provided with, can't really ask for more than that. I wasn't really built capable of blind faith, so if I'm judged poorly because I can't blindly believe the first religion I hear about, then I kind of am not that interested in gaining favor with that in the first place.

So really, I'd rather just learn and understand as much as I could, before I get my merry butt sent packing to hell or whotever.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
it would go something like

"oh cool, so there IS a god! I have so many questions for you! Is there a Mrs God? What are your thoughts on televangilism? Do you really think we should avoid eating animals with cloven hooves? How did the universe begin? Are there other universes? Can I be reincarnated as a dude so that I get to see what that's like? Where did you come from? How old are you?...." and on and on and on...

I would probably get smited just to make me shut up :boohoo:

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
"Do you have cake?"

"All right, your turn to explain. Taking holiday to play eighteen black holes of interstellar golf is no excuse for never responding to phone calls repeatedly."

A Christian God:

"I stand by what I do. I'm sure I'll be held liable by you for whatever it is ye think I have or have not done, but that's your problem. I was perfectly content with the idea of leaving my footprint on the sands of time and being recycled into soil, but ye had to bring me here. Well, guess what? I'm going to hell of my own volition. See, I even died in my favourite shirt! *points to chest*"

satan_powerful_womens_motto_live_your_life_tshirt-p235770706690434161oxw7_400.jpg

In all seriousness, I wouldn't say a word. If a god is all knowing and about to judge me on my life's merits, I'd like to hear what they have to say, and I don't need to tell them anything - they know who I am.

It'd be too interesting to ruin with a quip.

Feops

MBTI Type
INTx
Died and found out there really was a god, and you are standing before him. What would your argument be? How do you think you would be judged?

My judgement would depend on God's values. I don't trust that the values attributed to God by humanity would align at all to what they really are. Humanity's interpretations of "good" are far too colored by cultural values to properly reflect any sort of absolute moral code that would universally apply to everyone across all time.

So, assuming that a typical human has no ability whatsoever to discern God's true ethical values from that of what society projects (nevermind those too young or disabled to make proper ethical choices), I would hope that judgement would be based on ethical decisions outside the social constructs of law, culture, and worship.

In such a case I wouldn't have much to argue. Who can argue with God anyway? An all-knowing being is already aware of all the facts, reasons, rationales. A discussion would be interesting for my own sake, certainly, but I can't see it as affecting the result, unless God somehow self-restricts or cannot know free will, and is perhaps intrigued by such debates.

Either way, I think I would be judged marginally favorable. I'm not big on helping people, but I'm also not at all about hurting people. I mostly want to be independent and rise or fall of my own merit. I like to see others do the same, and largely attribute handouts and charity as negative reinforcement in the long run, save perhaps the rare and desperately unfortunate.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
My judgement would depend on God's values. I don't trust that the values attributed to God by humanity would align at all to what they really are. Humanity's interpretations of "good" are far too colored by cultural values to properly reflect any sort of absolute moral code that would universally apply to everyone across all time.

So, assuming that a typical human has no ability whatsoever to discern God's true ethical values from that of what society projects (nevermind those too young or disabled to make proper ethical choices), I would hope that judgement would be based on ethical decisions outside the social constructs of law, culture, and worship.

In such a case I wouldn't have much to argue. Who can argue with God anyway? An all-knowing being is already aware of all the facts, reasons, rationales. A discussion would be interesting for my own sake, certainly, but I can't see it as affecting the result, unless God somehow self-restricts or cannot know free will, and is perhaps intrigued by such debates.

Agreed.

I think I would be judged marginally better than your average joe but I don't know if I'd get a place in heaven.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Dearset God,

So, the Bible is discriminaroty. I'm dislecix, and I read can't the Bible very well. I thought said it "Thou shan't obey thy parents" and "Thou must kill." It saw consufing for for me. I even askde you to clafiry this to me verbally, but you never respendod. Now that's not my fault, is it? I think I a free pass upon the basis that yuo were negligent to my speclia needs my. Oh, and plus I'll let you tie me up to a cross if you let me in, for nostaglia's sake. That what fun could be, right? Thanks dog (err, God)!

-Tesla

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8

I wouldn't have an argument. Either I get in or I don't. If groveling is the only way to get in, what was the point of being "good" all this time? I could have been out pillaging and plundering or whatever. And I don't grovel well.

How would I be judged? Like the flawed human being s/he created. If we were meant to be perfect, we'd just be gods, no?

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"Strange meeting you in a place like this ..."

MagnifaSnail

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
5w4
If "god" exists does that automatically mean he has to judge us? On what basis is he judging? Morality? What are this god's ethics? Why is it interested in me personally? Honestly if I died and found out a god existed I don't think that it would take the time to dole out some petty reward or punishment to my itty bitty consciousness. He'd be too busy being omniscient and unknowable to a comparatively pathetic human mind. If god exists it really doesn't make a difference, at least not given my interpretation of the word "god".

But if you're talking about a specific God, well, that changes everything and doesn't really even seem worth exploring to me. I mean, I might as well ask a follower of that God's faith or pick up it's corresponding text thereby kind of negating the need to imagine I've died and am greeted face to face with a (now didactic and strangely human) supernatural force.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Well, we are both INTJs, so at least we would be thinking on the same wavelength.

What? Don't you believe me? Think about it... God is definitely an Ni dominant. Isn't he suposed to have a grand plan for the entire universe, plotted out from start to finish? And when was the last time he ever bothered to define things concisely? Just look at the bible, quran or any other holy book you like. There all vague enough to leave plenty of room for arguments.

More to the point, look at the laws of physics. The quantum uncertainty principal, wave/partical duality, superposition of states, tunneling... Ask God where something is, and he'll tell you "It's kind of over that way a bit." Ask him what something is and he'll say "It's whatever it needs to be. Whatever, really. Just leave it in a state of raw potentiallity until we've got use for it."

Oh, and he is definitely Te over Fi. Where it otherwise, he wouldn't have had a habit of smiting people in his youth, nor would he have inflicted leprosy and disasters upon Job, just to prove a point.

Given all that, I think he is an INTJ. I think we should be able to reach somesort of agreement.

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Well, we are both INTJs, so at least we would be thinking on the same wavelength.

What? Don't you believe me? Think about it... God is definitely an Ni dominant. Isn't he suposed to have a grand plan for the entire universe, plotted out from start to finish? And when was the last time he ever bothered to define things concisely? Just look at the bible, quran or any other holy book you like. There all vague enough to leave plenty of room for arguments.

More to the point, look at the laws of physics. The quantum uncertainty principal, wave/partical duality, superposition of states, tunneling... Ask God where something is, and he'll tell you "It's kind of over that way a bit." Ask him what something is and he'll say "It's whatever it needs to be. Whatever, really. Just leave it in a state of raw potentiallity until we've got use for it."

Oh, and he is definitely Te over Fi. Where it otherwise, he wouldn't have had a habit of smiting people in his youth, nor would he have inflicted leprosy and disasters upon Job, just to prove a point.

Given all that, I think he is an INTJ. I think we should be able to reach somesort of agreement.

Does that mean Jesus was an ENFP? You know, to connect people to the INTJ? :D