• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

She may outlive you...

Lark

OK this is essentially a response to a particularly good episode of House so may not belong here but its provoked a bit of philosophising on my part and I thought I'd share, see if anyone else found interesting what I did.

So, House is treating a cancer kid, nine, who is very courageous and stoic about facing the prospect of immenant death. His buddy Dr. points out after they've saved the kid that courage wasnt a symptom as House supposed, House is chopping up his pain killers to snort to get a quicker high.

House is like cynical about it all and says she's living on borrowed time anyway in response to the suggestion that she is much more in love with life than he is. The response to that, when House is snorting the painkillers is she may out live you

He's shown after this going and looking at motorcycles and taking one for a test drive.

So, it could be considered that this was just a simple point about his drug depedency but there could be a deeper philosophical meaning about life and living life or living large, what do you think?

Out living could be about longevity or quality of life, what do you think?

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've never watched the show.
He crushes up painkillers and snorts them on TV?
That's cute. :rolli:

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I think quality of life over logevity, however quality is the perception of the person themselves NOT from the external world unless there are mental health issues... where a persons perspective becomes distroted.

as for House, he kicks himself into touch to have a life beyond pain.... I'm begining to get board of House.... More into Greys at the moment - better subplots... House reach a peak around the Amber story line and nose dived last series...

Lark

I think quality of life over logevity, however quality is the perception of the person themselves NOT from the external world unless there are mental health issues... where a persons perspective becomes distroted.

as for House, he kicks himself into touch to have a life beyond pain.... I'm begining to get board of House.... More into Greys at the moment - better subplots... House reach a peak around the Amber story line and nose dived last series...

You sure? I've not seen I think its season five or six, I'm back watching season two now because I never saw the first two, have three and four, my personal favourite is actually season three I think.

Its great characterisation and also some awesome psychodynamics, social interaction theory and, would you believe, both Freudian and Jungian analysis, including states of unconscious, conscious and dream states.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
You sure? I've not seen I think its season five or six, I'm back watching season two now because I never saw the first two, have three and four, my personal favourite is actually season three I think.

Its great characterisation and also some awesome psychodynamics, social interaction theory and, would you believe, both Freudian and Jungian analysis, including states of unconscious, conscious and dream states.

Don't get me wrong I really enjoy 1-4...... but it's getting a bit same-y....

Its well worth working you way through, I guess I am repeating series 5 too soon, becase I thougt I'd miss some episodes but I don't think I have....

Enjoy :D