• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Could you kill?

YaeRRoW

and sleep like a baby... of course, justification isn't necessary to me.
Just kidding.

Seriosly I have no idea, I'll get back to you on that when I've killed someone. :D

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm pretty sure I could or would at least attempt to kill someone if they were immediately threatening the life of a someone close to me, or any vulnerable person in my presence(like a young child), and I didn't have time enough to pull off a negotiation or alternative of some sort.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I would definitely kill in self-defense, or in defense of people I loved, or even of weaker strangers without a second thought.

But, otherwise, no. I couldn't commit murder, even if I really hated someone.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Yes. I was close to it before, it probably won't be the last time I'm close to it either.

freedom geek

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
If the overall value of killing outweighed the overall value of not killing then I probably could.

Hexis

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Yes, but I couldnt murder someone in cold blood. They would have to do a list of things that are actually in most eyes very easy to cross before I would be fine with doing so. But in the end no, unless they crossed that line....or lines.

ObliviousExistence

MBTI Type
loco
Enneagram
5W4
depends, this reminds me of a psychometric test I once took for a job I really wanted, one of the questions was, "have you ever thought of killing someone?", I assumed it was normal for every single person to have thought of killing someone at some or other stage in their life and since I intended to be as honest as possible while doing the psychometric test, I answered yes, needless to say, I did not receive any calls from them about my application :cry: I should have lied, everyone lies when they do psychometric tests.

Feops

MBTI Type
INTx
Yes.

The internal debate with me would this: I hold life to be precious, yet I easily dehumanize those who disregard the rights of others. I could see myself being difficult to trigger yet applying excessive force once in motion.

But it's never come up and I hope it never does.

Edits: Holy insomnia batman. Fixed my wording a lot.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
my first reaction is to disable not to kill.

Lark

All well and go talking about it in the abstract, I know someone in the US who told me they would shoot to kill in an armed confrontation because they felt the law had become such that should their assailant still be talking they could face imprisonment for defending themselves using the same lethal force they were being confronted with, guy has a family and I sympathise with that view.

Besides unless you can shoot like The Lone Ranger or handle yourself like Bruce Lee, both of which are movie examples not real world examples, then you're not going to have a choice to maim rather than kill.

KDude

I live in the US myself. Texas to be exact. I don't know where that guy above is from, but it doesn't apply to this state. You can shoot repo men here, for crissakes. Which is pretty screwed up, but that goes to show what you can do in terms of property/self protection. Sure as hell don't get imprisoned for shooting burglars or other criminals. Anyhow, your thread asked if I'd kill people, I said no. It's not abstract, it's reality. I know what I prefer to do. I mean,, do you want an anecdote? I just told a story in the SP section a couple of weeks ago where I got a gun pulled on me while in a parking lot. Instead of running the bastard over - which would have been a helluva lot easier - I pulled a fucking Starksy and Hutch spin. Problem solved. I'm just cool. Bye bye asshole :hi:

Seriously though.. "Could" I kill someone? Probably. But it's not something I like to entertain off the bat. More than likely, I'd only resort to it in a scared shitless moment's panic, without thinking. Which is rare, thank god.

[edit] there, gave you a better answer :)

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
There are worse things than death. And there are worse things than causing death.

sculpting

depends, this reminds me of a psychometric test I once took for a job I really wanted, one of the questions was, "have you ever thought of killing someone?", I assumed it was normal for every single person to have thought of killing someone at some or other stage in their life and since I intended to be as honest as possible while doing the psychometric test, I answered yes, needless to say, I did not receive any calls from them about my application :cry: I should have lied, everyone lies when they do psychometric tests.

My ex once applied for a job at Home Depot.

The following questions were on the test:

How often in the last six months have you physically assulted a coworker?
How often have you stolen from your workplace?
How often have you cursed at your supervisor?

and many more of this sort.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
To the OP: Yes, and I have killed before. There is a different between killing and murdering someone. Murder is unjustified. Killing is something that is sanctioned, whether through an act of self defense, or an act of warfare.

Taking someones life isn't something you should want to do, rather, it should be something you feel you have to do.