• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Could you kill?

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I think everyone could kill, but just a few people are honest about it. I'll admit that I could possibly kill someone.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
To the OP: Yes, and I have killed before. There is a different between killing and murdering someone. Murder is unjustified. Killing is something that is sanctioned, whether through an act of self defense, or an act of warfare.

I'm happy that I'm not a soldier, since I simply couldn't accept such reasoning. If I had to take anybody's life for any reason, I would have to take mine afterwards.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I wouldn't have much of a problem killing a human.

Animals are a different matter though.
The only situation in which I could ever feel justified killing someone would be to save my own life from an attack, or to defend a loved one. I'm not saying I'm against the military necessarily or any of that jazz, just me personally.
I agree with these. I have no doubt that I could kill. I don't think that it would be justified, but if I purged all sympathetic emotions from me (which is possible), I could do it. I'd obviously feel worse than horrible at some point afterwards, but the question was "Could you kill?" And the answer is yes.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Yes, I *could* kill.

Wouldn't necessarily want to, but I could.

Either accidentally, or in self-defense, or by committing suicide.

:)

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If I was forced to - yes without question. The idea is repulsive to me however.

There was this issue with chipmunks in the yard (ever see Caddyshack? it was like that) - couldn't get rid of them. They were digging holes all over and then those holes were being used by bumblebees as their new home which made it impossible to mow the lawn because they would attack you if you approached the holes. So, I bought a pellet gun to shoot them. I got one, saw him stagger and die, and then felt so horrible about it afterwards that I ended up just accepting the fact that there were these holes over the yard and gave away the gun (I did use poison to get rid of the bees though). That was a chipmunk. I honestly do not know how people hunt.