• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Pagan/Wiccan coven

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I have no interest in getting involved with the religion. I don't really even know much about it. I'm a very curious by nature and would like to drop in on a service/coven. Now like I said I know very little about the religion, so would this be a bad idea? Are wiccans open to guests/visitors attending their services? Are they crazy in that they'll try to hassle me into returning, joining or some other type of commitment? Any advice or comments please.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
I thought about doing this when I was in college. My guess is that the answers to this question would vary widely with the particular coven or group.

In absence of a phone number or contact person, and assuming a publicly-announced service/meeting, I guess it would just be a show up, state your purpose, and play it by ear situation. If you only give out your first name, the threat of being hassled or pressured is limited to the time you're there.

If you actually do it, it would be interesting for you to post your observations and thoughts. :yes:

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
If I decide to go to one I will report back with my thoughts and observations. :nerd:

I think I'll look for a website for a local one and send them an email or something and just see what happens.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You're in NC too? :) I know some pagans, specifically Norse paganism. They hold a blot every third week or so.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
You're in NC too? :) I know some pagans, specifically Norse paganism. They hold a blot every third week or so.

That's cool. Yeah, I'm on the coast near Wilmington. What part of the state are you in?

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's cool. Yeah, I'm on the coast near Wilmington. What part of the state are you in?

The Piedmont. I grew up in Raleigh! :yes: Got family in Wilmington though!

(and is that the baseball-eating dog from the Sandlot??)

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
The Piedmont. I grew up in Raleigh! :yes: Got family in Wilmington though!

(and is that the baseball-eating dog from the Sandlot??)

So you're on the other side of the state. That's cool. I'd rather be in the mountains than the coast. I'm actually in Jacksonville myself but Wilmington is close by and I like that city. It's pretty cool/quaint.

Yup, my avatar is "THE BEAST." :party2: hah

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
lol! My favorite part of the movie is the dog. And Squints. But that's another discussion entirely. haha!

So did you find anything useful on the pagan idea? I could always ask my friend about it if you like?

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
lol! My favorite part of the movie is the dog. And Squints. But that's another discussion entirely. haha!

So did you find anything useful on the pagan idea? I could always ask my friend about it if you like?

Squints. haha. That movie is grade A, classic. I think I'll do a little searching online now and see what I can come up with in the area... If it's convenient for you to ask your friend about it that'd be cool.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I wouldn't mind asking her at all! I'll send her a message today and note you here! :)

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
I know the probably wont mind at all, since Wiccans are typically very peaceful and friendly people. I think the problem would be finding an actual service, since they happen out in Nature a lot. I could be wrong, but I don't think they have a building used for services. If you know where any Pagan/Wiccan stores are you could probably find the information you need their via the cashier or fliers.

Tell me how it goes! I would love to go to one in my area and watch too. :)

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I know the probably wont mind at all, since Wiccans are typically very peaceful and friendly people. I think the problem would be finding an actual service, since they happen out in Nature a lot. I could be wrong, but I don't think they have a building used for services. If you know where any Pagan/Wiccan stores are you could probably find the information you need their via the cashier or fliers.

Tell me how it goes! I would love to go to one in my area and watch too. :)

From doing a little looking around online I think it is common for them to meet in buildings actually. You know like shrine temples or other types of buildings that people rent out to the public to use for various events/services. I would rather go to a service out in the woods though. That'd be sweet.

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
From doing a little looking around online I think it is common for them to meet in buildings actually. You know like shrine temples or other types of buildings that people rent out to the public to use for various events/services. I would rather go to a service out in the woods though. That'd be sweet.

Seems odd since it's a nature-based religion. But then again, what are they going to do if it rains? =o