• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI and Islam

ahmadkhuzaima55

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
But if you meant to ask -
How do you think Islam fits MBTI?

Islam has a pretty black and white perspective on everything does it not? And MBTI is also been interpreted in a similar (not exactly black and white tho) manner.

Well.. I know what you wanted to suggest and what was your original comment about, but since people are getting confused and may be actually wanting to know about MBTI and Islam here's my answer:

Does MBTI and the functions it based on, valid and correct in terms of Islamic teachings?

As far as MBTI or any other personality type theory is concerned, no they are not un Islamic. Look at this the way Qur'an describes شعوب and قبائل that they are just for identification. One can be black or white, Arab or Ajmi, tall or short. These traits are not going to affect any individual in Aakherah. Similarly one can be extrovert or introvert, sensor or intuitive, feeler or thinker, prospective or judgemental. Nothing gonna affect individual's Aakherah as such. Because every one of these these of these these personality traits has its positive aspects as well as negative. None of the above is absolutely right or wrong.

However these traits define the roles of an individual in society. Just like in the house we call the tallest person to hammer a nail in the wall or we have to put efforts by bringing a chair or some other thing which will help a shorter person to do the same job. Similarly if you want a job to be done with lesser effort and productively. You have to place the right person for the right job that's why MBTI or any other personality type theory is important.

MBTI and Islam

Mole

Permabanned
We spend much time and money on the Five Eyes Intelligence Service of Britain, the United States of America, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada, and their report on Islam has led us to build low reinforced concrete walls around all government and national institutions in Canberra, the Capital of Australia, to protect us against Islamic car bombs.

Islam regards this defensive measure an attack on Islam, and prefer we remain unprotected.

Bacopa

MBTI Type
intj
islam seems so overbearing that as a Muslim you have to google even MBTI to see if it's in accordance with the faith

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
islam seems so overbearing that as a Muslim you have to google even MBTI to see if it's in accordance with the faith
Some Christians take a similar point of view. Seems to be part and parcel of being "religions of the book".

Mole

Permabanned
Some Christians take a similar point of view. Seems to be part and parcel of being "religions of the book".

On the advice of the best Intelligence Service in the world. The Intelligence Service of Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Britain, and the USA, called The Five Eyes, we have built reinforced, low, concrete walls around our Government buildings and National Institutions to protect us against Islamic car bombs.

On the same advice, we have no reinforced, low, concrete walls to protect us against Christian car bombs.

After full open trials in our Criminal Courts, where the defendant is afforded full rights under our Criminal Law, many Islamic terrorists have been found guilty by a jury of their peers, and sentenced to jail. And each convicted terrorist has, in open court, justified their terrorism by quoting from the Koran.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
On the advice of the best Intelligence Service in the world. The Intelligence Service of Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Britain, and the USA, called The Five Eyes, we have built reinforced, low, concrete walls around our Government buildings and National Institutions to protect us against Islamic car bombs.

On the same advice, we have no reinforced, low, concrete walls to protect us against Christian car bombs.

After full open trials in our Criminal Courts, where the defendant is afforded full rights under our Criminal Law, many Islamic terrorists have been found guilty by a jury of their peers, and sentenced to jail. And each convicted terrorist has, in open court, justified their terrorism by quoting from the Koran.
Could you explain the difference between Islamic and Christian car bombs?

Mole

Permabanned
Could you explain the difference between Islamic and Christian car bombs?

What a delightfully disingenuous question. What do you take me for?

Islamic car bombs are both tactical and strategic, while Christian car bombs fail on both accounts.

On the visceral level, we are afraid of Islam car bombs, and entirely unafraid of Christian car bombs.

But we must ask the disingenuous, what do you take me for?

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What a delightfully disingenuous question. What do you take me for?

Islamic car bombs are both tactical and strategic, while Christian car bombs fail on both accounts.

On the visceral level, we are afraid of Islam car bombs, and entirely unafraid of Christian car bombs.

But we must ask the disingenuous, what do you take me for?
Someone making a pointless distinction. If you are injured by a car bomb, I cannot imagine it hurting any less if the bombers belong to group A vs. group B.

Mole

Permabanned
Someone making a pointless distinction. If you are injured by a car bomb, I cannot imagine it hurting any less if the bombers belong to group A vs. group B.

We see intention and capability.

We see both intentions and capability in Islamic car bombs throughout the world, while we see no intention nor capability in Christian car bombs.

The phrase 'Christian car bombs' is used for propaganda purposes, to muddy the waters.

Mole

Permabanned
None, they both suck they're both evil and they should both be chastised.

Discernment is the sign of maturity. And we discern to determine degrees of evil. And as grownups we often have to choose the lesser of two evils.

The only thing worse than choosing the greater evil, is choosing neither.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Truthfully, I don't understand OP's original intent, but as a Muslim myself, I don't see a conflict between Islam and MBTI.

Mole

Permabanned
If there is no conflict between Islam and mbti, why can't we type the Prophet, Mohamed?

The answer is that typing the last Prophet is lese majesty, it is blasphemous, for which the punishment is death.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If there is no conflict between Islam and mbti, why can't we type the Prophet, Mohamed?

The answer is that typing the last Prophet is lese majesty, it is blasphemous, for which the punishment is death.

Who said we can't? If you're actually asking your previous post in good faith (which, all due respect, isn't likely given your history), I'd type him as an ENFJ. Likely a 1w9.

Mole

Permabanned
Which perceptions is General N causing you to doubt?

Good question, Coriolis. The perception General N is causing me to doubt is my history in typology central.

It implies most believe I have a bad history in typology central. It is designed to undermine my self confidence.

They are the words of conformist teenagers to a self actualising adult, and are delivered with venom.

There is an endemic conflict within typology central between popular low culture and unpopular high culture. High culture is concerned with quality, while low culture polices conformity.