• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Horoscopes

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
The odd thing is that just as we are about to put the Kepler telescope into space, we are interested in astrology which was invented when we thought the Sun went round the Earth, when we had no idea we were part of the galaxy called the Milky Way, and no idea that the space between the galaxies is expanding at an accelerating rate.

Astrology was invented when we were completely ignorant of our place among the stars.

And further we know today that astrology is a well worked confidence trick.

So how can we believe in astrology and astronomy? Surely the cognitive dissonance is too painful.

Astrology can only be believed by doing damage to our intellectual integrity, by denying part of what we know. Surely this is pathological.

Unless of course astrology is being deliberately used to harm others.

Victor, my darling!

Astrology aside, are you suggesting that we only believe in things that we know for sure, or are tangible? As you said, we once thought we knew and now we realize that we didn't know. And the more knowledge we attain, the more humble we should be about how much knowledge we have yet to attain.

Specifically about astrology, I can't prove it right or wrong, so I simply observe - like I do with most things I don't understand. I am not quick to embrace magic potions, but I am also not quick to cast stones at something that I can make no sense of.

Mole

Permabanned
Victor, my darling!

Astrology aside, are you suggesting that we only believe in things that we know for sure, or are tangible? As you said, we once thought we knew and now we realize that we didn't know. And the more knowledge we attain, the more humble we should be about how much knowledge we have yet to attain.

Specifically about astrology, I can't prove it right or wrong, so I simply observe - like I do with most things I don't understand. I am not quick to embrace magic potions, but I am also not quick to cast stones at something that I can make no sense of.

My dear Jenocyde, "Victor my darling", has quite burst through my defences and I am ready to jump out of an aeroplane with you once again.

But even worse, I am ready to jump into the horoscope with you.

Of course I know you are extroverted and although you are not quick to embrace magic potions I am afraid, "Victor my darling", has worked its magic on me.

So let me confess - my star sign is Aries - and I wonder what the future holds for me - "Victor my darling".

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
My dear Jenocyde, "Victor my darling", has quite burst through my defences and I am ready to jump out of an aeroplane with you once again.

But even worse, I am ready to jump into the horoscope with you.

Of course I know you are extroverted and although you are not quick to embrace magic potions I am afraid, "Victor my darling", has worked its magic on me.

So let me confess - my star sign is Aries - and I wonder what the future holds for me - "Victor my darling".

My darling, your dear Jenocyde is a Cancer. Read into that what you will.

Still ready to jump?

Mole

Permabanned
My darling, your dear Jenocyde is a Cancer. Read into that what you will.

Still ready to jump?

As we burst through the door, I wonder, "Who am I jumping with?".

But at 7,000 feet it seems...it seems...a little odd to be jumping into the unknown with...you.

I can hear Rachmaninoff in my ear as the wind rushes past. Or have my senses become disorientated and the air turned to music?

I can't hear a word you are saying. I can't even tell if you are smiling in your helmet. We might as well be under the ocean, but so far above it as we fall towards the depths of the sea.

I can't see your face or hold your gloved hand - and we haven't even pulled our rip cords yet.

For a moment it seems we are standing still and all the world is waiting, pregnant, for us to fall back in. Ah, what I do for you, now at 5,000 feet - both our feet pointing at the Earth and our ears pointing at heaven. And neither of us can hear a thing - we can't hear a word we say. So I practise -

"Do you know", I whisper into the roar of the air, "that my street is called Darling Street, and it is named after you?".

You call me, "Darling", and it comes trippingly off your tongue. But I have named a whole street for you. The trees live in Darling Street, and the traffic, and the birdsong and the flowers.

Would you care to walk down Darling Street with me? Or must we keep leaping and leaping and leaping into nothingness at 7,000 feet?

I wonder what the stars would say?

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
"You are finished with worrying about the economy and close relationships. Your surplus energy and happiness grows. A trip is on the cards." -Libra

Great. I'm totally out of money (got only like 10 euros until Friday) and I'm feeling ill. I'd sleep for the whole day if I could.

How's that for a precise horoscope? :|

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I'm aquarius, usually the descriptions match me very well. But my sister is also an aquarius and says it matches her very well, and she's an ESFP. And my complete opposite mentally and physically. So horoscope means nada.

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
I've fenced in astrology threads. Comparatively I've wasted a lot of money on things that make me happy in life also.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Victor, my darling!

i love you, couldn't put it better myself... but careful, the NT guys will be after you to take your T-ness of you ;)

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm aquarius, usually the descriptions match me very well. But my sister is also an aquarius and says it matches her very well, and she's an ESFP. And my complete opposite mentally and physically. So horoscope means nada.

You are suffering from the Barnum effect... it reading into the decriptions what you want to pick out.

Test is that you go through a description with a highlighter pen and mark the bits you recognise in yourself, then give it to someone who knows you to mark in the same way and see what is left (actually which bit cross over is interesting), you ought to find 80% marked up at least.

Alterantively if you want to test the system try marking up a Virgo profile... should be different enough to make it pretty much not you.

Astrology is made up of 10 planets, Sun is just one, hence you and your sister share Aqua as your Sun sign, but may be totally different for the other 9 planets.

Hope that helps, your call, it's not for everyone

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I remember looking at the character I should have according to the stars. I'm a capricorn and they...

- value efficiency most of all
- don't have imagination
- hate traveling

I'm an anti-capricorn. Whenever the horoscope says I'd have a calm day, I brace myself :D

No, I don't really do that. I'm totally convinced the stars have no influence on us. One exception: the Sun, without which we wouldn't be here.

Again that is one sign when you have 10 planets, if you like lots of travel you probably have some planets in your 9th house or in Saggie.

As for Efficiency, NT's are big on efficiency you may not recognise it in yourself as that, but it is bound to be there, do you try and find the fast rout to do xyz in order that you can do other things etc? I'd be surprised if you lack this.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I've fenced in astrology threads. Comparatively I've wasted a lot of money on things that make me happy in life also.

You know if it works for you use it, if it doens't life is too short.

You know I don't beleive in faith healers, I think they are pants, I have seen reasonably conducted supporting this. But I've long since come to terms that for the people who use them, they ahve a purpose, even for the uncurable cases, they are given hope, and hope is a gift - if you have nothing left to loose and you can afford it, buying something to hope is probably a good spend.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Hello darling .. So reading the below information .. Am i going to win the lottery or just live happily ever after, lol .. A girl has to try :newwink:

Also .. From this information, what should i be looking at when looking at horoscopes, do i stick with Aries?

(I don't actually have a circle chart)

Astrological Data used for Short Report - Personal Portraitfor Sarah Kersey (female)
born on 8 April 1979 local time 5:20 am
in Nuneaton, ENG (UK) U.T. 04:20
1w28, 52n32 sid. time 17:17:29

Planetary positionsplanet sign degree motion
Sun Aries 17°44'51 in house 1 direct
Moon Leo 28°45'04 in house 6 direct
Mercury Pisces 25°46'13 in house 1 direct
Venus Pisces 12°00'01 in house 1 direct
Mars Aries 0°52'55 in house 1 direct
Jupiter Cancer 29°16'49 in house 6 direct
Saturn Virgo 7°54'55 in house 7 retrograde
Uranus Scorpio 20°14'20 in house 8 retrograde
Neptune Sagittarius 20°25'40 in house 10 retrograde
Pluto Libra 17°51'10 in house 7 retrograde
True Node Virgo 17°15'27 in house 7 direct

House positions (Placidus)Ascendant Pisces 4°16'01
2nd House Taurus 2°41'32
3rd House Gemini 1°10'31
Imum Coeli Gemini 20°13'48
5th House Cancer 7°21'38
6th House Cancer 27°41'01
Descendant Virgo 4°16'01
8th House Scorpio 2°41'32
9th House Sagittarius 1°10'31
Medium Coeli Sagittarius 20°13'48
11th House Capricorn 7°21'38
12th House Capricorn 27°41'01

Major aspectsSun Quincunx Uranus 2°29
Sun Trine Neptune 2°41
Sun Opposition Pluto 0°06
Moon Quincunx Mercury 2°59
Moon Quincunx Mars 2°08
Moon Opposition Ascendant 5°31
Mercury Conjunction Mars 5°07
Mercury Trine Jupiter 3°31
Mercury Trine Uranus 5°32
Mercury Square Neptune 5°21
Venus Opposition Saturn 4°05
Mars Trine Jupiter 1°36
Saturn Opposition Ascendant 3°39
Neptune Sextile Pluto 2°34
Numbers indicate orb (deviation from the exact aspect angle).

Thank you darling :hug:

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Sun opposite pluto = need to be careful about power dynamics and not overly dominant, you also need to be careful not be be submissive.. it may be that you sea saw between the two. (your femail right? - im basing this on a yes responce). You will be attracted to powerufl men, or men you project as being powerful then you try and undermine them and they loose some of the gloss of thee power and you go off the boil. Wilfulness may be an issue with you, you need to learn to use power, personal power and other people power better.... without loosing it from your life or over dominating others. I know you are only 20 but hey you may grow into that one.

Saturn - Venus means you may choose an alternative relationship paterns, something like a big age gap or wait a long while before you settle down, or choosing to be single.

If your time of birth is right your moon is unaspect, which is pretty rare, it tends to suggest there is a gap betwen you are your family unit... ie you may be the black sheep or you may choose to step one step back from the family as a personal choice.

You're likely to have a fair old sex drive... ;) click click.... IT may also be that you can be a little feisty too...
You are likely yo be very optimistic.

Your career may be a wee bit abstract/caring etc... you have Neptune in your 10th house, which could indicate a career in care, or image,

Computer says "You yearn to be of service through your profession. You may experience a sense of loss surrounding your chosen life direction. You may be required to sacrifice your chosen career in some way"

You're liable to quite beautiful, as you ahve Venus in your first house (presuabably Venus here can indicate dimples, but your venus is a wee bit away from thea ascendant).

Mercury is in pices, the planet doens't like it in there, so you may be slow od speach or take time to really articulate yourself.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Sun opposite pluto = need to be careful about power dynamics and not overly dominant, you also need to be careful not be be submissive.. it may be that you sea saw between the two. (your femail right? - im basing this on a yes responce). You will be attracted to powerufl men, or men you project as being powerful then you try and undermine them and they loose some of the gloss of thee power and you go off the boil. Wilfulness may be an issue with you, you need to learn to use power, personal power and other people power better.... without loosing it from your life or over dominating others. I know you are only 20 but hey you may grow into that one.

Lol, yes i am female and 30 yrs old. I seem to be either to dominant or to passive, i am trying to work on that. The problem with power is that i don't enjoy playing games and manipulating them, i know, it is only my perception. Like i said, i need to work on it.

Saturn - Venus means you may choose an alternative relationship paterns, something like a big age gap or wait a long while before you settle down, or choosing to be single.

I do like men older and have had long distance relationships before

If your time of birth is right your moon is unaspect, which is pretty rare, it tends to suggest there is a gap betwen you are your family unit... ie you may be the black sheep or you may choose to step one step back from the family as a personal choice.

Holy shit .. I love my family but i am more than happy to go and live my life on the other side of the world because that makes me happy even though it will upset them. I don't think i am a black sheep but i am the only one who just goes out there and does it, my mum thinks i am crazy, i am not, i take opportunities as they arise. She is waiting for me to jump on another plane somewhere, lol

You're likely to have a fair old sex drive... ;) click click.... IT may also be that you can be a little feisty too...
You are likely yo be very optimistic.

Yes Sir :devil: .. I like feisty, it suits me.

Your career may be a wee bit abstract/caring etc... you have Neptune in your 10th house, which could indicate a career in care, or image,

Lol, that is cute, i have just started a new job that has no routine, no stability in a sense and is somewhat absrtact but also caring .. I am training to be a careers guidence advisor

Computer says "You yearn to be of service through your profession. You may experience a sense of loss surrounding your chosen life direction. You may be required to sacrifice your chosen career in some way"

I always say .. life throws opportunities at ya .. you just got to see them and take advantage.

You're liable to quite beautiful, as you ahve Venus in your first house (presuabably Venus here can indicate dimples, but your venus is a wee bit away from thea ascendant).

Hmmmm, too modest, sorry

Mercury is in pices, the planet doens't like it in there, so you may be slow od speach or take time to really articulate yourself.

Yes i do take time to articulate myself and if i speak up immediately i usually end up with my foot in my mouth

Wow .. Thank you for taking the time to go into detail about that .. Interesting

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
do keep in mind this was a quicky, It takes a good few hours to analyse charts properly, sometimes days... so top of the mountain. Still you get the jist...

Glad it was intersting. i have an unaspected moon and I'm far from being the black sheep too, but I do keep a distance, which is weird because I'm the youngest of a large family

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
do keep in mind this was a quicky, It takes a good few hours to analyse charts properly, sometimes days... so top of the mountain. Still you get the jist...

Glad it was intersting. i have an unaspected moon and I'm far from being the black sheep too, but I do keep a distance, which is weird because I'm the youngest of a large family

I like palmistry .. and same, it can take several hours of reading someones hand .. I love doing hands where i know Jack shit about their home life, makes it more interesting ;)

Families are good sometimes .. I suppose with you being the baby, if you ever had a problem, someone would kick ass on your behalf .. Lol, so that is good. I just don't really like people interfering in my business unless i ask them for help.